Free broken stuff!
Jul 20, 2008 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

ericysun

New Head-Fier
Cleaning out my closets. found some equipment that is broken and probably not worth fixing. However, some of you clever DIY people would probably want this stuff and I would love to give it to you! Free, but you pay shipping at cost. Local people willing to pick this stuff up in Seattle have first dibs on this stuff. Please don't flood my email inbox with a bunch of questions, it's broken and it's free, what more do you need to know?

If you are interested, email me at ericysun@comcast.net
I don't check the PM's much here on headfi.

List of broken stuff:

Pioneer DV 525 - old dvd player. Broken transport mechanism. Complete with remote.

Audio Alchemy Ultra-Dac. Does not power on, also no power supply.

Audio Alchemy HPA-1 headphone amp (with headroom crossfeed circuit!) The HPA looks like it would be easy to repair but I don't have the time or expertise. I think the volume control is broken, maybe other stuff too. Has a basic power supply!

Audio Alchemy DLC line stage preamp. No remote or power supply. Sent the unit to Dusty Vawter at Channel Islands Audio and he told me it couldn't be repaired because it was an early version with a crappy circuit board. Maybe someone want it for parts and the metal case?

Damaged, partially disassembled pair of HD-600 headphones. Internal wires that connect to the headphone cable plugs are severed. Someone really good at soldering very tiny wires can fix these. These are probably still worth quite a bit even in just parts and I had always counted on getting around to having them fixed. However It's been years and I haven't done so, so these are a givaway too! I expect these will be the first thing to go.

Jul 20, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #3 of 19
Great idea, thanks!
Probably lots of people who can use this
(e-mail sent..)

Jul 20, 2008 at 11:05 AM Post #5 of 19
The generosity on these threads never ceases to amaze me

Thanks for the opportunity Eric!

Jul 20, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #6 of 19
Mail sent about the HD600!

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:42 AM Post #9 of 19
Again, sweet idea.

Did you get my e-mail(gmx.ch adress)?

If no one else is into it i'd love to do something with the Audio Alchemy aswell
eek.gif
, chassis is "quite" nice maybe the rest can be put to good use aswell.
Depends on shipping for me though

Jul 22, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #10 of 19
Did anyone get a respond via mail? I didn't
frown.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, I sent one about the DAC fairly quickly after the post.

I'll bet you beat me by a long shot, then. Ah well. Enjoy, my friend!

Jul 22, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #13 of 19
Lets hope his house didn't break down after cleaning the closet
eek.gif
tongue.gif

Seeing how seldom he posted an his last post is 4 years old, maybe he's not online that often

Jul 23, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #14 of 19
Hi Everyone,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to people about the free broken stuff. I was a bit overwhelmed by the number of responses. I am currently sending back emails to the first several people to respond, starting with wnmnkh. Safe to say that everything is taken now.

Thanks,
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back