Free 88/24 music download from Benchmark, makers of the DAC1!!
Aug 24, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #31 of 140

[size=11pt]EliasGwinn – Have you interested on extension of DAC’s with the support of DSP unit for larger range of sound effects, or, are you interested on integration of binaural processing (cross-feed with correction) into your devices? I think these tracks can sound amazingly.[/size]

I think the 88/24 files sound pretty great already. I listened to the 88/24 through my PWD on native and thought it sounded noticeable better than the 44/16. But there was nothing scientific about my listening so my mind could be playing some tricks. Regardless, it's nice to hear something recorded with such care.

Elias, what kind of feedback did you get from the bands about the finished tracks?

Aug 24, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #32 of 140
This is perfect as I'm currently deciding what to study at uni and decide on career path that i'd like to follow. Audio Engineering was something I seriously considered but I didn't know too much about how to get there.

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #33 of 140
Thank you for this!

I liked how it conveys the struggle of performing and satisfaction of the artists at the end of the recording when they see their "baby" being born, quite in accordance with the first song lyrics; all that emotiveness is great. I also appreciate that the observations made in the beginning were heard and acted upon, there is more music and less telenovela, excellent balance so far. A question, are you (Elias) in those videos?

Edit: Why do people use "like" so much? Another thing, great to take headphones into consideration!

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #34 of 140
I finally found that the "option" key if held will allow the download.

Thanks for the great videos and music.

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #35 of 140

Quote:
[size=11pt]EliasGwinn – Have you interested on extension of DAC’s with the support of DSP unit for larger range of sound effects, or, are you interested on integration of binaural processing (cross-feed with correction) into your devices? I think these tracks can sound amazingly.[/size]

Hi neptius,

Thanks for the suggestions, but Benchmark does not make sound effects.  Our products are designed to be as transparent and faithful to the original signal as possible.

All the best,
Elias

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #36 of 140

Hey Monkey,

I'm glad your digging the tracks!  Thanks for supporting the project!!

Quote:
I think the 88/24 files sound pretty great already. I listened to the 88/24 through my PWD on native and thought it sounded noticeable better than the 44/16. But there was nothing scientific about my listening so my mind could be playing some tricks. Regardless, it's nice to hear something recorded with such care.

Elias, what kind of feedback did you get from the bands about the finished tracks?

The bands are very excited about the finished tracks!  Rubblebucket released a 'maxi-single' (the original track plus some remixes) with their track, and they made a very clever music video out of it (unreleased as of yet).  We're not sure if Annie's will be released in a similar fashion, but they really enjoyed it.

Thanks again!
-Elias

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #37 of 140

Quote:
This is perfect as I'm currently deciding what to study at uni and decide on career path that i'd like to follow. Audio Engineering was something I seriously considered but I didn't know too much about how to get there.

Good luck!

If you have any questions, feel free to post them!

All the best,
-Elias

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #38 of 140

Quote:
Thank you for this!

I liked how it conveys the struggle of performing and satisfaction of the artists at the end of the recording when they see their "baby" being born, quite in accordance with the first song lyrics; all that emotiveness is great. I also appreciate that the observations made in the beginning were heard and acted upon, there is more music and less telenovela, excellent balance so far. A question, are you (Elias) in those videos?

Edit: Why do people use "like" so much? Another thing, great to take headphones into consideration!

Hi JIGF,

I am in the videos...I'm the guy who says "like" way too many times.  HAHA!!  I'm the producer and mix engineer (glasses, button-up shirts, beard in the Rubblebucket episode but clean-shaved in the Annie/Beekepers video).

I really like (there's that word again!!) your observations about the videos.  Amazingly, even though we are packing 6 hours into a 5-10 minute video, these videos portray their respective days very accurately, in terms of mood, progress, characters, etc.

Thanks for watching...please support the project by spreading the word!!

Best,
Elias

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #40 of 140
EliasGwinn – Bechmark products are very good, they have very good background. Naturally it is good idea to think about extensions or additions of several useful features. When you have excellent DAC there is good idea to add the support for binaural processing or several other efects. I think this product can be very useful for customers.

Aug 26, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #41 of 140

Quote:
EliasGwinn – Bechmark products are very good, they have very good background. Naturally it is good idea to think about extensions or additions of several useful features. When you have excellent DAC there is good idea to add the support for binaural processing or several other efects. I think this product can be very useful for customers.

Hi neptius,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will pass them along to our design engineer.

Best,
Elias

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #42 of 140
Really thanks... it so incredible... it sound really really fantastic on Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP... oh yeah I like it, good work Elias & spol. ;D I like videos too!

Are you thinking over some electronic bands too? I don't mean only electro.... maybe with some vocalist and with real instruments.... some Chemical brothers, Orbital, Parov Stelar 'like' bands? I like dance music, it would be cool. Or it will be just strictly natural sound bands? I like it too though :D THX again :wink:

I totally spread a word :wink: 

Aug 31, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #43 of 140

Quote:
Really thanks... it so incredible... it sound really really fantastic on Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP... oh yeah I like it, good work Elias & spol. ;D I like videos too!

Are you thinking over some electronic bands too? I don't mean only electro.... maybe with some vocalist and with real instruments.... some Chemical brothers, Orbital, Parov Stelar 'like' bands? I like dance music, it would be cool. Or it will be just strictly natural sound bands? I like it too though :D THX again :wink:

I totally spread a word :wink: 

Thanks aclim!  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'll look into some electronic bands.  Can you recommend some more bands along those lines?

Thanks,
Elias

Aug 31, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #44 of 140

Quote:

Thanks aclim!  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'll look into some electronic bands.  Can you recommend some more bands along those lines?

Thanks,
Elias

I love Parov Stelar Live YouTube - they are from Austria, more videos there, this is from Czech Republic!
then Dreadzone are superb for live YouTube , YouTube, YouTube
breakbeat masters Hybrid plays live too YouTube, Glastonbury 2010 pt1, Glastonbury 2010 pt2 - they made music with Czech national orchestra too.
Kraak & Smaak are best live Live At Granada 08, Live At P60 08 (same track different sound guality), One Of These Days Live, Keep Me Home Live
or maybe ultimate beatbox band Bauchklang, I was at 5 their gigs... nobody can believe it's all only human voice & microphones! They are that good! You would have to see & hear it live... it's incredible, they sound almost like real instruments, each one is beatbox master for different instrument sound.... together they are unbelievable!!! One of them can make so much strong bass... it breaks window panes :D
Live At Mumbai, Live At Prague (Jamming), Prague 2, Prague 3, Live At WUK (feat. Leech) 2009

These are some of breakbeat sounding band playing live, not much breakbeat/dubstep bands play live with normal instruments, if you know what I mean! These are just suggestions, I would like every band live in the studio, just wanted to point to electronic inspired kind of bands, or electro acts edited for live gigs :) Cya R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back