Free 12 Month Magazine Subscription + $0.54/issue Stereophile Subscription!
Oct 18, 2008 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Baines93

Headphoneus Supremus
[size=xx-small] Quote:

"Zinio has teamed up with your favourite publications to create The Read Green Initiative. A program designed to offer you one free digital magazine subscription of your choice! Join The Read Green Initiative to explore digital reading and go green.

With Zinio, digitally read the magazines you love. See your favourite articles and ads evolve off the page into rich digital experiences. Check out the brilliant colours, searchable text, clutter-free archiving, click able links and exclusive access to issues. Many that haven't yet hit news-stands.

With The Read Green Initiative your first annual subscription is free. A portion of proceeds for any purchases made on this site will be used to purchase eco unit credits and buy more trees.

Be part of The Read Green Initiative."

[/size][size=xx-small]
[/size]
A company called Zinio have a promotion on E-Mags, to save the environment (well, get business
wink.gif
) and you can choose from a few free 12month subscriptions... There are also a few samples, single free issues, not full subscriptions.

I chose Shutterbug as Penthouse or Playboy are ok, but I'm more interested in improving my photography, and topless girls can be found on the internet, and the PC Magazine is ok, but im not so into computers, am interested in netbooks though, and the car mag is more for people trying to buy a cheap family car, and im interested in super cars not being able to drive yet!

Also, when i searched for Audio, Stereophile and American frequently talked about on here mag has an offer if 12 issues for £3 something! I think i might subscribe to this, so their promotion to get business has worked (well not really, cos its a tiny purchase compared to the free shutterbug cost, however there are many more i would love to afford to be able to subscribe to!)

If you want more freebies it may be possible to create accounts with different email addresses if they dont filter IP. The mags just get downloaded in your account profile ready to read. They may expire, not sure yet.

Link: The Read Green Initiative

Don't know how popular this will be, but i know a lot of people here are interested in computing and photography which are just two of the free full subscriptions. Also Stereophile deal is hot hot hot!

Matt

Oct 18, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 9
Sweet I just got my sub to Shutterbug too and I know some other people who would be interested.

Oct 19, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #3 of 9
Ahhh, nasty choice... playboy or penthouse. Both have great articles :|

Oct 19, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #5 of 9
I'm into my photography at the moment though, well i was, but i seem to have lost interest due to crappy pics, no inspiration, so i thought that might help. Motoring is cool, but when i dont have to worry about running costs (im not driving!) i like to look at supercars, so TopGear etc.
tongue.gif
Not ao interested in PC parts now, however am interested in the netbook scene. Might get another account for playboy and penthouse though
tongue.gif

May buy stereophile. Just looking at sample mag which im not allowed to zoom on, ads and titles are big enough me to recognise brands, Rouge Audio, Headroom etc. Thought it would all be Bose, Sony, Pioneer etc!

Yeah its a US mag, but still a good read for less than $0.54/£0.31 an issue, and at $2.99/£1.72 an online issue normally, the subscription is effectively the cost of two and a half copies, $6.50/£3.75! No one seems interested though.

Just got the offline reader and 2 free single issue samples with full ability, What Digital Camera Jun-07 (good enough for tips) and PC mobile May 08. Should give me a few tips and an insight to some netbooks for a possible xmas gift, however many models have been released since May! Oh well, still another two interesting reads.

Now to figure out if they come down as PDF's and can be somehow converted to JPEG or at a push, text for reading on the d2. May be able to read my Shutterbug subscription on a (again, possible xmas gift... not sure which yet) qwerty and wi-fi phone.

Matt

Oct 21, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for the post/info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back