Found my Westones 4 in the washer last night. Recommendations on an upgrade/alternative needed!
Aug 19, 2014 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ruzz

New Head-Fier
So well yeah, I basically had the worst day of my life after finding my westones 4 in the washing machine last night.

Looking to purchase new IEM's, I'm caught between SE535 or UE 900. Need suggestions here.

I listen to mostly trance music - that being said, I'm not a basshead and bass is not a priority for me. I really loved the balance and clarity in the W4 but am thinking of a change. Or should I maybe just get another W4? The problem with getting another W4 is that i've been using it since May 2011. Kind of itching for a change.

Aug 20, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 9
Dumb question, but they are broken right? As in no sound comes out? 

Maybe you can go and send it in for warranty or ask Westone to fix them? 

Aug 20, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #5 of 9
  Dumb question, but they are broken right? As in no sound comes out? 

Maybe you can go and send it in for warranty or ask Westone to fix them? 

I think the drivers are damaged beyond repair. There is sound coming out of both sides but extremely soft. I spoke to someone about reshelling but he suggested that it wasn't worth while since it was soaking in water for 10hours+. My warranty's over too.

Anyway, i'm looking for suggestions for a new IEM.

Aug 20, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #6 of 9
I like the DN-2000 a lot, but also look into the Altone200, it has been getting a lot of praise. 

Aug 20, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #7 of 9
Put them in a bag of rice, set it in the sun, do that for 3 days.

At this point cannot hurt but should have been done before they were plugged in, electricity and water not being best pals.

You might get a stroke of luck. Can't hurt...

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #8 of 9
...any luck or are they dead?...

Sep 4, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #9 of 9
Shure 535 red edition is around the price of Dita Audio Answer iem.

I will pick "Answer" IEM over 535 red anytime. Do audition Answer IEM if you can. Simply astonishing for me. 

Edit: I stay in Singapore, so 535 are more expensive over here than other parts of the world

Users who are viewing this thread

Back