Found a pair of Senn HD-424X
Oct 20, 2007 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Khanate

500+ Head-Fier
... in my dad's basement!
580smile.gif

Those will last me from when I get my mini amp to when I get my livewires I believe!!!

Oct 20, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 8
One of the many variations on the original Senn HD414. With serious amplification (and I mean more than almost any current headphone amp can give), these should sound very good indeed. Out of your mini, they should sound alright but a little thin. Still, a nice pair of vintage headphones. Nice find!

Oct 21, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #7 of 8
That high impedance really f---ks the sound up. However you can get the amp to perform better with them if it sees a lower impedance, eg. 40 ohms. You could either run a 40 ohm resitor across the + and - terminals on the headphone or you could do this in an adapter. I once had a box built to do this for various dynamic phones.

Dec 14, 2007 at 10:46 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I don't have a digital camera but I found a picture, they're the ones in the back:

k240mhd424forum0mz.jpg

They're about 25-30 years old and have an impedance of 2000 ohms!

That's mine! (posted with a previous nickname)
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

Yup, they are an improved version of the HD414, same drivers, but a bit different housing and driver nearer to the ear. I've never listened to the HD414 but the HD424 is supposed to have a better bass and more plesant overall response. Old school but still pleasant to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back