Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Apr 2, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #5,838 of 12,089
  Is there going to be a discount for the unwanted X00 from the previous drop when the rats jump ship for the new kids on the block. What say you mass drop.

I can't find the exact spot I read this, although I'm almost positive it was MD, Will said there would be no discount at all.  I'm sure you're wishfully thinking that, but they have absolutely no reason to discount it, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they put the price up (that would certainly piss people off though).

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #5,840 of 12,089

OMG What WILL, I BOUGHT THE LAST ROUND, THEY DON’T SHIP UNTIL MAY, I WANT THE PURPLE ONES INSTEAD!!!

Well good news folks. Because this is the first time a situation like this has come up (where we’re releasing an alternative version of the product while customers are still waiting on the original to ship) we’re giving all participants of the last TH-X00 drop the opportunity to switch to the Purpleheart if they so desire.

If you want to get in on the purpleheart, join the drop, go to your transaction page, find the TH-X00 Mahogany transaction, and click "Contact Support".

Just joined the original one two months ago....
The purpleheart looks so beautiful....

You are granted to switch your order if you are willing to deal with the extra cost and wait don't you? Or is it too late now?

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #5,842 of 12,089
Music sharing time!:

http://vallisalps.bandcamp.com/

(discovered in Free FLAC music thread...when album was free
frown.gif
)

To me, the above four songs are a really nice showcase of what the X00 does so well: good enough vocals to engage, well handled treble that isn't rolled off, more open sounding than not (i.e. decent soundstage/imaging), surprisingly good ability to retrieve background detail and of course...that deep, controlled, liquid low-end. Sometimes I do wish it imaged better (*my 400i images better and produces sweeter vocals*) but the smooth, thick-ish quality of the X00 bass is the very reason why I don't think I'll ever let them go. At least not for something that isn't a Foster/Fostex build. I think that certain bass texture I love here is unique to these drivers and housing. I guess having the m9XX as source doesn't hurt either. /No hype, we got more than enough, just re-expressing my continued pleasure with these cans. I'm happy more people can get their hands on these to try, despite the long-a#$ wait times. The last song is my fave. OK, back to the late-night music!
o2smile.gif

*My perfect cans would have the X00 bass, build and comfort + 400i everything else. A man can dream right?*

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #5,843 of 12,089
I bought a pair of mint condition of X00's from a friend and they were damn pleasing. The low end was addictive, but that's all that I liked about it and it wasn't enough to make me want to keep it. The mids left me wanting more and the sibilance was quick to become irritating. 

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #5,844 of 12,089
  I bought a pair of mint condition of X00's from a friend and they were damn pleasing. The low end was addictive, but that's all that I liked about it and it wasn't enough to make me want to keep it. The mids left me wanting more and the sibilance was quick to become irritating. 

What amp did you use with them if any?

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #5,846 of 12,089

You got the same ears preference like me. I love bass but i hate sibilant and i appreciate mids.

I have th600 and i love it but not for a long term listening. I cought fatigue like 15 to 20 songs.

Maybe my next headphone is LCD? i heard from others that lcd is the best dark sound headphone with bass. The highs are really smooth.

Any comment?

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #5,847 of 12,089
You got the same ears preference like me. I love bass but i hate sibilant and i appreciate mids.

I have th600 and i love it but not for a long term listening. I cought fatigue like 15 to 20 songs.

Maybe my next headphone is LCD? i heard from others that lcd is the best dark sound headphone with bass. The highs are really smooth.

Any comment?

Your love for the TH600 did not last too long.

The tamed highs of the X00 (compared to 600 or 900) is one of the reasons I am waiting for them to arrive in May.

LCD2 (or 2F) seems to be an interesting option too. But people say good and bad about them. So I am not sure if I am ready to experiment with £700.

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #5,848 of 12,089

Your love for the TH600 did not last too long.

The tamed highs of the X00 (compared to 600 or 900) is one of the reasons I am waiting for them to arrive in May.

LCD2 (or 2F) seems to be an interesting option too. But people say good and bad about them. So I am not sure if I am ready to experiment with £700.

Still loving it. But not for a long term session.

LCD.. yeah not very soon hahaha

Apr 3, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #5,849 of 12,089
  Still loving it. But not for a long term session.

LCD.. yeah not very soon hahaha

As an ex-LCD-2 owner - it's overrated (and overpriced).

Apr 3, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #5,850 of 12,089

As an ex-LCD-2 owner - it's overrated (and overpriced).

Oh really, so what's ur choice if i want to change my TH600 to a darker sound signature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back