Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Mar 30, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #5,791 of 12,086
Massdrop is really trying to push these purple heart TH-X00s.

Looks like when there was only 1000 units offered, almost all of them sold out within 1st day and maybe they thought the demand wouldn't taper off so quickly because sales have slowed way down since they added the extra units.

So now I got an email from Massdrop and apparently 2 random people who join/joined the current drop will be able to upgrade their TH-X00 pruple heart to a HD800 headphone with Grace/massdrop M9xx dac/amp. For me, this isn't a factor to convince me to join the drop. I'd rather get my mahogany TH-X00 sooner. Only 5-6 weeks to go.

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #5,793 of 12,086

Looks like when there was only 1000 units offered, almost all of them sold out within 1st day and maybe they thought the demand wouldn't taper off so quickly because sales have slowed way down since they added the extra units.

So now I got an email from Massdrop and apparently 2 random people who join/joined the current drop will be able to upgrade their TH-X00 pruple heart to a HD800 headphone with Grace/massdrop M9xx dac/amp. For me, this isn't a factor to convince me to join the drop. I'd rather get my mahogany TH-X00 sooner. Only 5-6 weeks to go.

What if you win, and you upgrade to the HD800. But in the end you still want the THX00 as well? Do you have to join again on the next drop?

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #5,794 of 12,086

What if you win, and you upgrade to the HD800. But in the end you still want the THX00 as well? Do you have to join again on the next drop?

I had the same question. Probably yes, you need to wait for the next drop.
I joined the drop the day one, but honestly I would go for the HD800 if I were the winner.
Then I would join the next drop for the Fostex.

Mar 31, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #5,795 of 12,086
I had the same question. Probably yes, you need to wait for the next drop.
I joined the drop the day one, but honestly I would go for the HD800 if I were the winner.
Then I would join the next drop for the Fostex.

Likewise.

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #5,801 of 12,086
Mar 31, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #5,805 of 12,086
I don't know.. listening to a FLAC copy of Led Zeppelin - Moby Dick (Namely the drum solo) on the HE400i left me speechless. Just wish it had the soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back