Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Feb 6, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #4,846 of 12,089
No, not neutral..nothing is really neutral (well maybe the Fischer/Brainwavz/Lindy thing is but it don't much sound good). I like the X2 for musical enjoyment.

The TH-X00 is like a less-refined Denon D2000, a bit forward and shouty for me. Might be the same headphone anyway, just all tweaked up.

A less refined d2000? That doesnt sound good. The are used d2000 on amazon for around 300$ at the moment.

Feb 7, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #4,849 of 12,089

The TH-X00 is like a less-refined Denon D2000, a bit forward and shouty for me. Might be the same headphone anyway, just all tweaked up.

I find the TH-X00 more refined than the D2000 when it comes to the mids and treble. The D2000's mids are too distant while the treble is really sharp and sibilant. Just the bass is more linear on the d2000's but lack impact and punch. Downside of the TH-X00 is the excessive mid bass with the stock pads. But when i use the TH-X00 with my D2000's pad i find it better with more clarity and detail. Just my 2c.

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #4,850 of 12,089

I own both and would also choose the TH-X00 in every way over the X2. Depends on your preference of music really.

I find the TH-X00 more refined than the D2000 when it comes to the mids and treble. The D2000's mids are too distant while the treble is really sharp and sibilant. Just the bass is more linear on the d2000's but lack impact and punch. Downside of the TH-X00 is the excessive mid bass with the stock pads. But when i use the TH-X00 with my D2000's pad i find it better with more clarity and detail. Just my 2c.

And that's exactly why there are so many choices. We all like different sounds. One person's antidote for "distant" is another's "in your face". As long as we are enjoying and having fun, that's all that matters, really. Horse for courses, as they say. Dulcet or deCapo

Feb 7, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #4,851 of 12,089
Hey all, I recently had my TH-X00's stolen (serial #0997), so if any of you are in the southwestern Ontario area (particularly around the GTA) and you see somebody trying to sell this pair I would appreciate if you could message me to let me know. Thanks.

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #4,853 of 12,089
  Hey all, I recently had my TH-X00's stolen (serial #0997), so if any of you are in the southwestern Ontario area (particularly around the GTA) and you see somebody trying to sell this pair I would appreciate if you could message me to let me know. Thanks.

There's a special place in hell for people that do such things. Best of luck recovering them. 

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #4,855 of 12,089

That is terrible, I hope that you will have the audio equipment returned to you.

I had a lot of stuff stolen years ago when I went to Canada for the first time while wrestling at a big wrestling tournament in Washington State - they broke into my rental car and stole 3 out of 4 of my bags.  Thank goodness they didn't take my national team singlets (the bag they didn't take).  Found out later that there was an issue with the area I was in with transients and wanting to get quick cash anyway they can to support their habits.

I PMed you some ways to thwart having things stolen from you - short of actually being there while they are stealing your stuff and having to deal with it in your best way possible.

Feb 7, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #4,856 of 12,089
Feb 7, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #4,860 of 12,089
  Hi,

Quick question if I could.  Would it be safe to assume that these would work well with blues music; Etta James, Ruthie Foster, Robert Cray, Sam McClain, Little Milton, etc.

Thanks,

Matty

I love mine w/ Miles Davis, first time I've ever searched out jazz actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back