Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Jan 19, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #4,083 of 12,086
I wrote my K7XX review during its second drop in February of last year, which was around 2 months after its initial release. Based on that pattern, the X00 should be the same. Expect to see these on a regular basis as with the K7XX. Just theorizing, though...

I might have to write a short review for these, as well :D

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #4,084 of 12,086
Did they announce it somewhere or just guessing? I mean I don't doubt it either with how popular these seem.

Will Bright told me, he said that the 2nd drop is in the works but they'll open the 2nd drop when they know the exact delivery time for the next batch. I can't wait to buy one myself.

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #4,085 of 12,086

I took mine on a plane ride recently-- with the Chord / AK240 combo.  Fantastic experience.  Would do it again in a minute, though I've resigned myself to accept that they're going to end up getting scratched a bit in transit "giving 'em a little character." 

Haha what a passionate way of describing your experience, but holy christos that is one heck of an expensive portable solution you got there.  Have you ever heard the HTF-600, their meager isolation is still tolerable to me. I was wondering how they compare in the isolation department
deadhorse.gif

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #4,086 of 12,086
  Will Bright told me, he said that the 2nd drop is in the works but they'll open the 2nd drop when they know the exact delivery time for the next batch. I can't wait to buy one myself.

I also can't wait. I requested the X00 on Massdrop, will I automatically receive an email when the new batch is released? Or should I keep scanning through each Massdrop email they send to see if the X00 got dropped again?

Jan 19, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #4,087 of 12,086
  I also can't wait. I requested the X00 on Massdrop, will I automatically receive an email when the new batch is released? Or should I keep scanning through each Massdrop email they send to see if the X00 got dropped again?

You'll get an email.

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #4,088 of 12,086
Hello, guys I got My TH-X00 after 3 weeks and 1 week Grace Design m9xx Dac/amp I use with Galaxy S5. Now I have about 50 hours Headphones and Grace design m9xx about 20 hours with Tidal, spotify, youtube and this combo won't sound good. I tried different settings, but nothing change. Bass is shy and boomy, sometimes trebles is wrong, I hear at time sh... I think is something wrong with my headphones. How I can check my headphones? Any idea to make my TH-X00 shine? :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2:

Jan 19, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #4,089 of 12,086
  I also love them. However the UAC 202 does sound harsh at times, and the fiio e11 while improving the impact of the sound also reduces the soundstage drastically. The E11 won't drive a HE-500?

I own both E11 and HE500 the short answer is NO... but I also feel the 02 is insufficient for driving the HE500.  Remember that HE500 is "old gen" planar technology and is nowhere near as efficient as Hifiman's last several releases.

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #4,090 of 12,086

Omg if I ever see anyone wearing these in public... yes that'll be me laughing hysterically in the background.

Yea, funny enough, that's the main downside of the wooden cups - they make them completely useless as portable because who in their right mind would walk down the street with so much mahogani strapped to their head?

If this was the 600, I would consider it, but I just can't imagine myself wearing the X00 in public...

I've used the X00 a few times when I park myself at a coffee shop.  If people laughed, that's ok, I didn't hear because was immersed in music.  I did get lots of looks from hot women, obviously desiring me for my bod, mind, and mahogany.

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #4,091 of 12,086
Hello, guys I got My TH-X00 after 3 weeks and 1 week Grace Design m9xx Dac/amp I use with Galaxy S5. Now I have about 50 hours Headphones and Grace design m9xx about 20 hours with Tidal, spotify, youtube and this combo won't sound good. I tried different settings, but nothing change. Bass is shy and boomy, sometimes trebles is wrong, I hear at time sh... I think is something wrong with my headphones. How I can check my headphones? Any idea to make my TH-X00 shine? :frowning2: :frowning2: :frowning2:

As far as the boominess, that will go away with time, but you can accelerate it by playing loud bass heavy music/bass sweep tests. About 1 hr of extremely low freqs will work. It could also be that you're feeding the m9xx with your phone, especially if it's coming from the AUX and not a line out through the micro usb port. Try it with a USB 2.0(or newer) port on a laptop, and use non-streaming sources and see if it persists. I try to not listen to youtube music since it's compressed to pieces.

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #4,092 of 12,086
As far as the boominess, that will go away with time, but you can accelerate it by playing loud bass heavy music/bass sweep tests. About 1 hr of extremely low freqs will work. It could also be that you're feeding the m9xx with your phone, especially if it's coming from the AUX and not a line out through the micro usb port. Try it with a USB 2.0(or newer) port on a laptop, and use non-streaming sources and see if it persists. I try to not listen to youtube music since it's compressed to pieces.
mids will change? I don't like vocals screaming sometimes, and is not natural.. trebles is uncontroled, I won't found good clarity. Everything will change in time? Now I plug 2 usb micro cables first to rosette, second to my Galaxy S5

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #4,093 of 12,086
I'm a firm believer that if one doesn't naturally like a headphone upon first purchase, no amounts of burn in will change that.

PS: Don't come at me

Jan 19, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #4,094 of 12,086
Hey guys. I'm a long-time lurker here. I picked up these headphones in the last drop, and while they are gorgeous I've decided that I want something more portable. These have been listened to for about five minutes total (out of my iMac and iPhone), and they sounded fantastic during that listening session. However, given my listening habits (mainly during plane flights), I've determined that they are not going to get near enough use to justify the cost. Anyway, just a heads up as I'm planning to list these in the for sale forum so shoot me a PM if you're interested. (I assume this is okay to post here, but I apologize in advance if not.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back