Fostex TR-X00, TH6-10, TH-900 & the Sennheiser connection(ors).
Oct 29, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #16 of 21
Not sure how I missed that!! so those springs are 30 each on fullcompass, I wonder could you get any spring and solder wire to it? So the spring is just kept in with force after being screwed in?

Sure. As long as the spring dimensions fit the bushing you're good. But I'd advise against using just any old spring - Ferrous materials in the signal path are best avoided.

Oct 29, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #17 of 21
Sure. As long as the spring dimensions fit the bushing you're good. But I'd advise against using just any old spring - Ferrous materials in the signal path are best avoided.

Ended up getting a Mahogany TR-X00 but I might try mod another denon and get the parts.

Jan 18, 2022 at 7:03 AM Post #19 of 21
Hi, if i resolder to correct polarity my old hd600 4 pin xlr cable i can use it with my TH900mk2 , the plastic part can be inserted even if the polarity is correct ? I worry maybe the connector will not sit in the fostex housing properly because shallow insertion .

Jan 19, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #20 of 21
Hi, if i resolder to correct polarity my old hd600 4 pin xlr cable i can use it with my TH900mk2 , the plastic part can be inserted even if the polarity is correct ? I worry maybe the connector will not sit in the fostex housing properly because shallow insertion .
It should work in theory.

Feb 24, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #21 of 21
I’m trying to mod my Emu Teaks into the detachable version using the bushing adapters, but those springs seem crazy. $150 for a conversion seems a bit much. I don’t suppose anyone is aware of any alternatives

Users who are viewing this thread

Back