Fostex TH900 MkII
Jul 26, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #481 of 1,501
Thanks. I can't wait to hear the TH900!

I hope you'll like the Aeon. It's a very different sound from the TH900 I'm sure (I've owned the TH-X00). Make sure you get the foam inserts from him to try the sound with and without them. They also greatly benefit from some burn in—if the treble sometimes sounds harsh they haven't been listened to enough yet.

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #482 of 1,501
Truly , i dont remember how they effect sound on the 900 with stock or Dekoni sheepskin pads ,, in general they concentrate the sound and make it more forward ,,
i wish i have my 900 on hands now to try it for you but i loaned it to my friend for the next weeks ,, and i will get from him the AEON to try it myself :ksc75smile:
if you invest in the fostex headphones ,, i think it is nice to have them around ..

Oh you gotta share your thoughts on the ÆON in this thread GU1DO, that is a very interesting headphone :)

Jul 26, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #483 of 1,501
Thanks. I can't wait to hear the TH900!

I hope you'll like the Aeon. It's a very different sound from the TH900 I'm sure (I've owned the TH-X00). Make sure you get the foam inserts from him to try the sound with and without them. They also greatly benefit from some burn in—if the treble sometimes sounds harsh they haven't been listened to enough yet.
congratulations ,, and i hope you enjoy it to the max ,, its a fine headphone , never disappoint ,
i hope the Aeon is more exciting then the Flow C ,, if treble is there , that's a good sign & very promising,
thanks for the tip regarding the foam inserts , i just asked him to include it ..

Jul 26, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #484 of 1,501
Oh you gotta share your thoughts on the ÆON in this thread GU1DO, that is a very interesting headphone :)
yeah sure ,, will return your favor for the dx1000 :relieved:

Aug 17, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #485 of 1,501
My impression about the MrSpeakers AEON in points :

- I had it loaned for 2 weeks or so , it is very easy to drive ,, Chord Mojo was perfect match and more then enough.

- Bass is good , go deep , but it is limited in quantity & don't leak to the mids which at first i thought it was lacking but after some use i think its OK (at least for bass light music)

- Upper bass/lower mids (100-200Hz) has a small dip and some EQ will fix it but its not a big issue,

- Mids are the most disappointing aspect of the sound ,, it is lacking in weight and always felt distant & had more than natural depth in sound stage , not sure why? maybe because of the driver size or because of the very controlled bass , but a lot of times i which the the mids was more pronounced and have more punch ..

- Treble is very good and it is way way better then the C flow in this regards ,, AEON is an airy & very alive headphone ,, it is little bit harsh with out the foam inserts which i think is a must, because it tame the highs and boost the bass a little bit , but be aware who have large ears , room inside the ears cups will be smaller , it was fine with me ..

- Details , i think this is the most outstanding bit of sound i liked about the AEON ,, it was full of details , and to my ears it come 2nd after the STAX ,, i was very impressed in that regards ,, i heard details in tracks i never noticed before ,, i cant stress enough how it was very clean and full of details & could beat other higher headphones easily , even the C flow don't have the same quality..

- Sound Stage ,, at first play i was very surprised (it was very nice surprise) , depth is very deep & felt big and spacious , width is more than average depending on the music , and with it come very good imaging ,, very accurate , has the same quality imaging as the C Flow . i don't know way other reviewers don't mention the airiness and depth of sound stage (for a close headphone its not usual at all).

- In my opinion the AEON is a high quality headphone for its price and sound very close to the HE1K in the way it represent sound ,, And it is tuned better then the Ether C Flow ,, which lacked in the treble and felt lifeless and closed (although it has more engulfing sound) , the AEON is very airy and i cant believe it is a closed headphone & have such high details and have very good sound stage and imaging with very good isolation ,,, it will be perfect for any one looking for laid back listening with bass light music.

- I don't think i will buy the AEON any time soon because it doesn't have enough oomph for my taste and the music i listen , but i was very impressed with what is trying to accomplish , and i will keep an eye over the next version of the C flow and i hope it borrow some of the air & details the AEON has .

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #486 of 1,501
I'm in the market for a balanced cable for these. Any recommendations? The official one is $300 which seems like a lot. I also don't want one that is so darn long! Looking to spend less than $200, way less preferably!

Aug 19, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #487 of 1,501
Edit: Disregard. I forgot I still need it to use AMP3 on the iBasso DX200...

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #488 of 1,501
I'm in the market for a balanced cable for these. Any recommendations? The official one is $300 which seems like a lot. I also don't want one that is so darn long! Looking to spend less than $200, way less preferably!

If can highly recommend Forza Audioworks from Poland. I posted some pictures of my TH900 with their TOTL cable in the cable forum.

Aug 21, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #489 of 1,501
Has someone yet compared the new Denon D7200 with chinese TH900 pads to either TH900 or TH900 MKII?

I'm really interested in that comparison specifically because it seems to not only be the same motor but also the same membrane or a very similar one.

Aug 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #490 of 1,501
Has someone yet compared the new Denon D7200 with chinese TH900 pads to either TH900 or TH900 MKII?

I'm really interested in that comparison specifically because it seems to not only be the same motor but also the same membrane or a very similar one.
I've tried the ZMF Ori pads on my D7200's and the bass became loose and bloated to my ears. They did open up the top end but the sound as a whole wasn't cohesive to me. So I removed them and put the stock pads back on. I also tried the Dekoni fenestrated TH900 pads on the D7200's and they sucked the life out of the headphones. I didn't like them at all. I'm not sure how the Chinese TH900 pads will work on the D7200 but seeing how the D7200 pads are similar to the shape of the TH610's I can't imagine they will work all that well. The TH900's earpads has a larger opening and they really effect the sound of the D7200's and not in a good way.

Sep 10, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #491 of 1,501
I recently purchased the TH900 mk2's together with a Schiit Valhalla 2. I since read that the Valhalla 2 is not suitable for low impedance headphones, and the Asgard would be a better match. Interested to hear people's thoughts - should I get the Asgard instead?

Sep 10, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #492 of 1,501
I recently purchased the TH900 mk2's together with a Schiit Valhalla 2. I since read that the Valhalla 2 is not suitable for low impedance headphones, and the Asgard would be a better match. Interested to hear people's thoughts - should I get the Asgard instead?
Have you tried the TH900 and the Valhalla ?

Sep 10, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #494 of 1,501
Yea, just not sure if the Asgard would be noticeably better.
That wishful thinking will just lead you to spend a lot of money. If the set up you have sounds good then enjoy that set up as long as you can. Usually the trap starts when one buys a set up and gets excited and then he starts reading so called reviews or opinions on various forums. This leads to questioning and thinking to buy something newn

Sep 10, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #495 of 1,501

I would say only if there's notable distortion. I had a Valhalla early in this hobby, and didn't realize it was not suitable for Planars. I kept getting distortion at medium to high volumes. Different headphones though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back