Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Mar 30, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #3,901 of 18,761
I couldn't listen to my TH900 - or any music through a hi-fi system, for that matter - for the past month because I was in Japan. I'm finally coming back tomorrow, and I can't wait to listen to my TH900 again! I really missed it, and I'm sure it'll sound mind-blowing (from a psychological perspective) because I haven't listened to anything for one month. You know what they say, hunger is the best sauce! Anyway, as soon as I get home, I'm gonna treat myself with a warm shower, and let my TH900 sing into my ears with a little help from my Zana Deux SE.

Sorry for posting my personal rant. Just too excited, you know.

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #3,904 of 18,761
Well guess what, I just cancelled my order, the deliverytime of only 5 days was a "little mistake" but they could deliver in "about 5 weeks time"... I hate bull* like that so I immediately cancelled the order. I can't stand it when shops try and lure you into ordering stuff and make promises they can't keep up.

But that doesnt mean I wont receive my cans anymore, cause I found another store that really does have the TH900 in stock. They will probably be shipped this tuesday so I hope to receive them at the end of next week!

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #3,905 of 18,761
Quote:
Well guess what, I just cancelled my order, the deliverytime of only 5 days was a "little mistake" but they could deliver in "about 5 weeks time"... I hate bull* like that so I immediately cancelled the order. I can't stand it when shops try and lure you into ordering stuff and make promises they can't keep up.

But that doesnt mean I wont receive my cans anymore, cause I found another store that really does have the TH900 in stock. They will probably be shipped this tuesday so I hope to receive them at the end of next week!

Where did you buy your TH-900 headphones originally then cancelled? Also, where else did you buy your TH-900?

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #3,906 of 18,761
Originally i ordered them from bax-shop.nl . The new order is from a German store through Amazon: www.madooma.de. Unfortunately the price at the German store was the standard price for which the cans are sold, But I rather pay more for good service than being lied to.

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #3,907 of 18,761
Quote:

Congrats Helstar! It will be worth it. These are end game headphones. 

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #3,909 of 18,761
Quote:
Got any pics to see the Fostex TH-900 with your Grace m903?

Sure. Here's a quickie snap from my kid's iPad. I'm A/Bing them with some Signature DJ's. This is my Mobile Rig. 
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #3,910 of 18,761
Quote:
Sure. I'm A/Bing them with some Signature DJ's as we speak. This is my Mobile Rig. 
wink.gif

Nice. Didn't know mobile meant driving with audio equipment in your vehicle while on the go. To anyone else out there, does Antelope's Zodiac (any version) and Decware's Taboo Mk III work well with the TH-900 or causes problems?

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #3,911 of 18,761
Quote:
Nice. Didn't know mobile meant driving with audio equipment in your vehicle while on the go. To anyone else out there, does Antelope's Zodiac (any version) and Decware's Taboo Mk III work well with the TH-900 or causes problems?

I've heard nothing but good things about the Antelope Zodiac DAC's. I actually was considering a Gold, but opted to go another route and the M51, after some discussion with Radio_Head. In my opinion the Zodiac's are a bit pricey, unless you buy used. For that kind of money there are better options IMO. One thing I remember specifically about the Zodiac is that the amp section left much to be desired. It was a decent amp, but doesn't compare to some of the better amps in the market right now. If you are looking for a AIO unit, you really can't get better than the Burson Conductor. I haven't heard the new Taboo MK III, but have heard it does well with a wide range of headphones.

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #3,912 of 18,761
Quote:
Sure. Here's a quickie snap from my kid's iPad. I'm A/Bing them with some Signature DJ's. This is my Mobile Rig. 
wink.gif

lol. Talk about taking Mobile to a new level! 

It's warm in the Bay Area today so better be nice and cool in the garage for A/B'ing today!

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #3,914 of 18,761
WA6-SE has arrived.  It's a wonderfully built amp.  I'm impressed.  It sounds fantastic with the TH-900 right out of the box and I look forward to listening for the differences as it burns in.
It's a LOT larger than it looks in the pictures (that's what she said!).

Good job, Woo!  Now to listen to it with my other headphones.

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #3,915 of 18,761
Quote:
WA6-SE has arrived.  It's a wonderfully built amp.  I'm impressed.  It sounds fantastic with the TH-900 right out of the box and I look forward to listening for the differences as it burns in.
It's a LOT larger than it looks in the pictures (that's what she said!).

Good job, Woo!  Now to listen to it with my other headphones.

Congratz, big fan of Jack's products. What kind of tubes are you playing with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back