Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 9, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #13,368 of 18,761
Buy the TH900 and keep it along with the LCD3, until you make the decision of which one to keep for good.

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #13,369 of 18,761
My gf thinks I will regret the Audeze!

The Audeze thinks you will regret the GF, lol. No don't get rid of the LCD-3 for the TH-900!!! The Audeze is a better headphone, TH-900 is only really better with EDM, dance, funk, etc. IMO. Unless that's all you listen to I would still keep the Audeze's. Lose the GF though 
eek.gif

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #13,372 of 18,761
Yeah the LCD3 is a classic, simple as that. The TH-900 is kind of a specialized headphone for me at least. It's TOTL in terms of a few certain genre's of music, but it doesn't compare to something like the LCD-3 or HE1000 in all around comparisons.

Jul 9, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #13,374 of 18,761
well either way, sorry if my comment came across as trying to sound authoritative. I was just trying to say I think the LCD-3 is a better all around headphone than the TH-900, but that's just my opinion. I enjoy the TH-900 a lot too, but I don't think it can do as much as the LCD-3. Ultimately the main drawback for me is the recessed midrange, whereas the LCD-3 has some of the finest mids available in a headphone. 

IMO :)

Jul 9, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #13,375 of 18,761
I think that lcd3f -if well amplified- is a better sounding headphone too
I actually think that even the X is a bit better than th900
And I like the 3f much more than the lcdX
Sound speaking wise
Then there are other things to consider:
Comfort at first. Audeze are very heavy and when I listen to them I can just only listen
Too heavy to focus on something else..
then there is the fact that after 3years I could change a bit and for a while
I mean: the fostex is a wonderful headphone too!
And at the end: use the Hugo at its full potential (that means get a pair of amplified speaker too and make a second simple setup, to use also the preamp section)
In all of this I really wouldn't like to regret the lcd3 after one month

Jul 9, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #13,376 of 18,761
A lil while back I remember distinctly saying something about this thread being feisty. Do jog my memory.

@montanari No one can help you in the sense that you've made up your mind that Audeze is better. Effectively you are saying that a lot of things sound better than the TH900, but they're either slightly uncomfortable or too expensive. By reiterating these points we are neither able to help you reach a conclusion nor solve the eternal best headphone paradox. Whether you like it or not this is just one of those decisions that you will come to.

As you can tell this discussion is quickly coming to naught. Restating the existing points won't miraculously make the th900 a more comfortable LCD3 however. Also, you have self imposed a need to change which I sort of get but dont feel is necessary. Perhaps you should look into modding your existing headphones to be more comfortable. I hope I don't sound to harsh but we are at an obvious standstill at the moment.

Jul 9, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #13,377 of 18,761
Not a lot of things
He1000 and lcd3f
I think the X is about at the same level
But meanwhile I know all the above because listened to them for a long time in mine setup, I just tried the fostex a bunch of hours
(Balanced wired from the liquid glass was pretty amazing, but I have still to find a can sounds bad from that amp!)
But it s ok
Maybe some past arguing came over
These are just objects

Jul 9, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #13,379 of 18,761
I don't know... IMO, if you like the LCD-3F, why sell it? Selling something you like, and buying an entirely new headphone just to fulfill your amp's usage seems unnecessary to me. Because aren't headphones considered the most important part/the top of the audio chain? So I would put priority on the headphones first, and then the amp/DAC later. 

Jul 9, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #13,380 of 18,761
I don't know... IMO, if you like the LCD-3F, why sell it? Selling something you like, and buying an entirely new headphone just to fulfill your amp's usage seems unnecessary to me. Because aren't headphones considered the most important part/the top of the audio chain? So I would put priority on the headphones first, and then the amp/DAC later. 

As i wrote i have the 3f for about 3years and changing in this hobby it s an option and it happen..
The Audeze are not very comfortable
The Hugo is amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back