Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 7, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #13,337 of 18,761
Um wow. But russia only? Why....

I don't know for sure, but I only found some information about this on Russian sites. If it's true - really strange decision from Fostex. TH900 are quite popular in my country - I think, even a bit more popular than here on the average, but... when I see something that's being selling in Russia only, I suspect some dirty things behind it. TBH, I want these black LE TH900s just for the looks alone - I'm a sucker for such type of finish.

So I thought if there's Fostex rep in this thread maybe he can clear this situation up.

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #13,338 of 18,761
here are my museum grade hawaiin koi cups curing. give some pics when I receive and full mod DIY.

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #13,339 of 18,761
Seems odd to me that people want to change out the cups on the TH-900 anyway, they are IMO some of the best looking headphone cups I've ever seen and have you seen how much effort they take for Fostex to make?

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #13,340 of 18,761
Seems odd to me that people want to change out the cups on the TH-900 anyway, they are IMO some of the best looking headphone cups I've ever seen and have you seen how much effort they take for Fostex to make?

Why climb the mountain? Because it's there.

Any rate cable, tune up level one, angle pads and cups photos and impressions to come. :beerchug:

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #13,341 of 18,761

Any rate cable, tune up level one, angle pads and cups photos and impressions to come.
beerchug.gif

Is this upgrade supposed to improve the sound quality?

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #13,342 of 18,761

Looks is one thing and it is subjective... However, the Lawton cups also SOUND better to me as well.

Jul 7, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #13,344 of 18,761
Jul 7, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #13,345 of 18,761

Any rate cable, tune up level one, angle pads and cups photos and impressions to come. :beerchug:

Is this upgrade supposed to improve the sound quality?

It's generally why we do what we do, but give me a few weeks for impressions on complete mod.

Jul 7, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #13,347 of 18,761
  I don't know for sure, but I only found some information about this on Russian sites. If it's true - really strange decision from Fostex. TH900 are quite popular in my country - I think, even a bit more popular than here on the average, but... when I see something that's being selling in Russia only, I suspect some dirty things behind it. TBH, I want these black LE TH900s just for the looks alone - I'm a sucker for such type of finish.

So I thought if there's Fostex rep in this thread maybe he can clear this situation up.

The two things that I'm noticing right now are that the: black earcups don't have the metal flakes, which may or may not be a conscious design decision and that the Fostex Logo is a solid color (once again, missing the flakes).  Not sure what is going on here but we do need more info.  EDIT: Yes I hope a rep is perhaps reading this too.

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #13,348 of 18,761
Is the mk2 worth it right now? Doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade to warrant the price difference. The balanced cable isn't even cheap either.

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #13,349 of 18,761
  Is the mk2 worth it right now? Doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade to warrant the price difference. The balanced cable isn't even cheap either.

Dunno, I went with the original because the price differential was fairly significant where I live.  I guess if you wanted to have the "stock detachable" option as opposed to getting it modded out of warranty the mk2 would be a viable option.  Personally the connectors are kind of big and a little ugly but that may just be me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back