Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Mar 21, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #12,781 of 18,761
I'm a little confused with the decision to purchase the TH-600 (while considering the TH-900), TBH. The TH-900, overall, is the better headphone. Yea, they are both similar in sound signature, so where the TH-900 bests the TH-600, I'm assuming, is in things like resolution, sound stage, etc. So if one is unsure about how they'll react to the TH-900/600 sound signature, why go with the worse headphone? 

If the person doesn't like the sound signature, the person will end up returning whichever headphone they got anyway. But if the person actually ends up liking the sound signature, they'll be stuck with whatever headphone they got - in this case, the worse TH-600. Unless he/she wants to go through the reselling process, which of course is a hassle and ends up taking up time and money. 

I have the decision since I found a good deal like new TH600 in ebay cost about $480. Since the refurbished of th900 is twice the price, im a but scare to invest to something that some of here raise the issue of harsh. I think it's a good start to get use of the fostex sound signature before blindly spending $1000. Yes, it will cost me much money and time if I need to jump to TH900 after liking this th600. But F yeah, at least i will buy TH900 with full of confidence.

It's all about spending money HAHHAA

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #12,782 of 18,761
LOL.., typed on phone. So many typos... =.= Just realize

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #12,783 of 18,761
It's more about making an informed decision rather than just spending money. I put in tons of research before spending, and so far I've not been disappointed by any of the purchases I've made because of the work I did beforehand. 

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #12,784 of 18,761
  It's more about making an informed decision rather than just spending money. I put in tons of research before spending, and so far I've not been disappointed by any of the purchases I've made because of the work I did beforehand. 

I couldnt decide by only looking at freq res...

Im not good enough for that.. You can see my history. I just have a couple of headphones and two amps including cheap creative.

This is a big jump seriously

Mar 21, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #12,785 of 18,761
 Since the refurbished of th900 is twice the price, im a but scare to invest to something that some of here raise the issue of harsh.

Yea... but like I said. If you don't like the sound signature of the TH-600/900 line, you'll end up returning either one, regardless of what you get (because they have such similar sound signatures). 

So, if you actually do end up liking the TH-600, you're guaranteeing yourself extra cost (due to the reselling of the TH-600) if you do end up getting the TH-900. 

But, hey... it's up to you. Looks like you've already made your decision - hope everything works out (I don't mean that sarcastically). 

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #12,787 of 18,761
he sought advice and received plenty. he's made a decision regardless. time to move on.

Yeap, i moved on hahaha.

Will audition this, if not satisfy... yea gonna sell it though. But not that early. Since the TH600 i bought is 20 hours of usage.

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #12,789 of 18,761
Even though TH600 is "worse", it doesn't mean he wouldn't be totally satisfied with it. I haven't heard the 600's, but many people say that the difference between the two isn't huge.

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #12,790 of 18,761
  Even though TH600 is "worse", it doesn't mean he wouldn't be totally satisfied with it. I haven't heard the 600's, but many people say that the difference between the two isn't huge.

Not that I totally disagree with you but keep in mind that the differences between a great headphone and a mediocore one may not be huge either.

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #12,791 of 18,761
 Not that I totally disagree with you but keep in mind that the differences between a great headphone and a mediocore one may not be huge either.

Depend on the person, the gears, the circumstances, the experiences...etc....otherwise, how would the manufacturer determine the price point of performance to separate their own products :D. Anyways, we have people who hear Beats the same as TH-900.....so...all points are valid

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #12,792 of 18,761
i don't follow your first sentence. the connection between the first and second part of it isn't apparent to me. can you explain what you mean?

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #12,793 of 18,761
I meant companies wouldn't rely on measurements and technical alone to determine the price points of their products. There gotta be hear able differences, and these differences could be observed by depend on the people gears and experiences, and once you hear it, there won't be such things as "not much differences", but some people really can not tell the differences :D

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #12,794 of 18,761
I meant companies wouldn't rely on measurements and technical alone to determine the price points of their products. There gotta be hear able differences, and these differences could be observed by depend on the people gears and experiences, and once you hear it, there won't be such things as "not much differences"

It is just like wine. To the untrained tongue, expensive and cheap wine will probably taste the same. The same can be said for headphones for those with inexperienced ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back