Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jan 13, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #8,686 of 18,761
I just sense that images are closer to me and larger than on various other phones; and that's actually a good thing, or at least a good alternative presentation, with a very compelling focus.
In fact that is why I like my TH900 so much: images are right there in front of me in all their glory, but without an in-your-face fatigue or overdone punchiness.
This is relative to HD800s, Hifiman 560s and 500s, Grado GS1000[i or e, less so for the e], Audeze LCD3s, or Stax 009s. 

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #8,689 of 18,761
it's not worth the price , better choice to buy v-moda m 100.
which isolates better.. nothing special about Th 900 also vocals sound bad. but the sound not euphonic, it's cloured, far way to be a natural hedphones.
 all this hype is a lie. best close headphones blah blah blah.

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #8,690 of 18,761
Granted I haven't heard other TOTL headphones, but TH900 is the best headphone I've ever heard by a wide margin. Nothing wrong with vocals or anything else IMO. I do feel that 1000€ would be a more appropriate price instead of 1500€, but it only bites once.

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #8,691 of 18,761
which isolates better.. nothing special about Th 900 also vocals sound bad. but the sound not euphonic, it's cloured, far way to be a natural hedphones.

guess he's not a fan

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #8,692 of 18,761

My M100 has better ears than you and it knows its place. You don't. 

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #8,693 of 18,761

OK, I'll take the bait.

I thought that euphonic means colored but in a musical way--well, that is how I use the term.

With that definition, the TH900 is definitely euphonic, in a similar way that the Grado is. Neither is flat or neutral but both are colored, but euphonic and highly enjoyable to me.

I guess different strokes for different folks. That is why they make so many different headphones.

I would strongly disagree that what many people here--myself included--said about the TH900 are lies or hype. We just expressed our honest opinion about something we really like and enjoy. If I dislike something (for example the Oppo PM-1) that many people love, I will express my opposite and negative view but I would not go so far as to say that what other people said are simply hype or lies because that statement in itself would be a lie or at the very least unkind.

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #8,695 of 18,761
I said it's colored 100 %,I know that , the  HE90 Orpheus is euphonic.
euphonic is about emotion, th900 bright and colored, it can't move your emotion , it's just a dynamic driver which can't produce that feeling.
forgive my bad english. but what am trying to say don't waste your money in worthless hyped headphones.

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #8,696 of 18,761

it's not about me, it's about Th900. I said it's better for me to sell Th900 and buy v-moda m100. If you understand what am talking about .

euphonic is about emotion, th900 bright and colored, it can't move your emotion , it's just a dynamic driver which can't produce that feeling.
forgive my bad english. but what am trying to say don't waste your money in worthless hyped headphones.

lol....great posts
beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #8,698 of 18,761
  Granted I haven't heard other TOTL headphones, but TH900 is the best headphone I've ever heard by a wide margin. Nothing wrong with vocals or anything else IMO. I do feel that 1000€ would be a more appropriate price instead of 1500€, but it only bites once.

+1 
beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #8,699 of 18,761
lol....great posts :beerchug:

qft :wink:

can forgive your bad english but not your manners. you've come here to trash and rant - very uncool.

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #8,700 of 18,761
I know why it's over price !!, cause we pay 300 $ for the drivers , 1000$ for the beautiful built.
well I don't care about the built if it sounds normal. It's cheap deal for the fans of fostex . so I advice anyone who is thinking to buy them .NO don't do it. it one of these moments you will regret in your life . but if fostex make 400-600 $ it will be a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back