Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Dec 13, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #8,371 of 18,761
Just a piece of my favorite trance music. Hope you guys enjoy it with your th900 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #8,372 of 18,761
I use my TH-900 at work along with the Lyr 2. My TH-900 has been re-terminated with Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 cable. I am very happy with this combination my office setup. At home I relax to an Abyss powered by LiAu and Auralic Vega. The Abyss is in its own league. But for work, TH-900 is a great HP.

Dec 13, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #8,373 of 18,761
The TH900 is a V shaped can and will suffer when compared to neutral cans when listening to music that sounds great with more mids. On the other hand this sound signature makes it better than others with modern music or electronic music. No can is perfect unfortunately...

Dec 13, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #8,374 of 18,761
The TH900 is a V shaped can and will suffer when compared to neutral cans when listening to music that sounds great with more mids. On the other hand this sound signature makes it better than others with modern music or electronic music. No can is perfect unfortunately...

So this is the can that you would recommend for EDM, R&B, and HipHop versus the other summit-fi cans

Dec 13, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #8,375 of 18,761

but more "neutral" cans mightn't be as "fun" to listen to with as wide a variety of music as the th900 is. think that's part of the reason why it's regarded as a great all rounder.

and a can that has more midrange presence isn't necessarily more "neutral" if the mids are forward compared to the rest of the frequency range or if it has a nasty treble spike, early bass roll-off etc.

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #8,378 of 18,761
So this is the can that you would recommend for EDM, R&B, and HipHop versus the other summit-fi cans

Yes, hands down the best summit-fi can I heard for those genres.

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #8,379 of 18,761
but more "neutral" cans mightn't be as "fun" to listen to with as wide a variety of music as the th900 is. think that's part of the reason why it's regarded as a great all rounder.

and a can that has more midrange presence isn't necessarily more "neutral" if the mids are forward compared to the rest of the frequency range or if it has a nasty treble spike, early bass roll-off etc.

Yes, the TH-900 is loads of fun :) For me, an all-rounder needs to do great for all genres. The TH-900 is more than great (exceptional) with some genres like EDM and only good with other things like guitars or pianos. And this is actually not a bad thing and the sole reason I got it: needed something exceptional with modern music :)

Dec 14, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #8,380 of 18,761
i find it great with every music genre i've thrown at it with the exception of classical which i don't listen to

Dec 14, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #8,381 of 18,761
Yes, hands down the best summit-fi can I heard for those genres.

Yes, the TH-900 is loads of fun
smily_headphones1.gif
For me, an all-rounder needs to do great for all genres. The TH-900 is more than great (exceptional) with some genres like EDM and only good with other things like guitars or pianos. And this is actually not a bad thing and the sole reason I got it: needed something exceptional with modern music
smily_headphones1.gif

LOL about time you just came out and admitted it .... resistance was futile.
biggrin.gif

Just a piece of my favorite trance music. Hope you guys enjoy it with your th900 
smily_headphones1.gif

Great example showcasing the 900 in all of its glory !  Cool tune .... I agree the album rocks!!

Dec 14, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #8,382 of 18,761
   LOL about time you just came out and admitted it .... resistance was futile. :D

Great example showcasing the 900 in all of its glory !  Cool tune .... I agree the album rocks!!

Admit what? I never said otherwise :D Oh and Armin just rocks with these cans!

Dec 14, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #8,383 of 18,761
i find it great with every music genre i've thrown at it with the exception of classical which i don't listen to

Agreed .....its no slouch in the Classical department either.

Dec 14, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #8,384 of 18,761
Admit what? I never said otherwise
biggrin.gif
Oh and Armin just rocks with these cans!

Partially pulling your leg on this one lol. 

Its good to see that you admit to where the 900 really shines....although I am still part of the TH-900 "Allrounder" school.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back