Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
May 6, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #6,886 of 18,761
This following situation  has happened with quite a lot of at guest's at my place :

• Guest see's all my HP's & amps , then inquires about them
    confused_face_2.gif
  • I will then go into a short explanation why my HP's require amps & why they will not sound good from an ipod
    rolleyes.gif
  • Guest then say's   "Really,  Hmmm.... can I try one
    confused_face.gif
    "
  • I will then always pick TH 900 (with WA22) & always play Hotel California - Hell Freezes Over Live Version
    popcorn.gif
  • When the first Drum Beat Kicks it , it is so amusing to see their face go
    eek.gif
    Woooooooo......
  • After the song is over  they will say I see what you mean
    biggrin.gif

deadhorse.gif

May 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #6,888 of 18,761
  Punit:

Do you find the TH 900 pairs better with an SS amp or tube amp ? I have the ZD but that's SE and I had hardwired my 900 for balanced 
mad.gif

I prefer them on WA22 (with the right tubes) as compared to Meier Classic. They sound amazing on the Meier but the WA22 just expands the sound stage to another level , the Bass has more depth / 3D  & also the Tubes impart some midrange goodness which complements the TH 900 vocals.

May 6, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #6,889 of 18,761
I hope it's OK to post this here, the deal is too good to not share.

http://www.sonicsense.com/th900.html
Fostex TH-900 brand new $1,100 with free shipping

I just ordered mine today!

Very tempting, just wrote them an email, how much the shippingcosts are to the Netherlands.
And if they can lower the price of the parcel to avoid the rats of the tax and import.
Anyone heared them on the Yulong A18 and D18?

May 6, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #6,890 of 18,761
I hope it's OK to post this here, the deal is too good to not share.

http://www.sonicsense.com/th900.html
Fostex TH-900 brand new $1,100 with free shipping

I just ordered mine today!

I saw this on Ebay as well, from Sonic Sense, and was like damn, that's a good price!

Seems like they moved the price back up. It's higher on Ebay now, and your provided link.

Anyways if you got them at that price, congrats! Amazing deal. Tell us what you think of them!

May 8, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #6,893 of 18,761
New owner here too. I'm using it mainly with Phonitor, and it's really an amazing combo. It's one of those headphones you want to keep forever.

May 8, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #6,896 of 18,761
  Does anyone listen to Classical music with these ? Do they work well for that ?

I consider the TH900 more of a all rounder, so if classical is your main genre the TH900 is still very good but headphones like HD800 are better for classical

This isn't set in concrete, it's just my view
wink_face.gif

May 8, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #6,897 of 18,761
I don't listen to classical but was having a conversation with someone who listens mostly to classical and already has HD800 ,whether TH 900 will be a complementary can to own for him.

May 8, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #6,898 of 18,761
  anyone has any idea about how to make th900 more stable when you wear them, they kept slipping every time i tilt my head 

I felt the same way when I first got my th900 and I don't know why but overtime they just stopped flopping around. I have 2 notches showing on both sides, maybe play around with yours till you feel they sit right on your head

May 8, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #6,899 of 18,761
  I felt the same way when I first got my th900 and I don't know why but overtime they just stopped flopping around. I have 2 notches showing on both sides, maybe play around with yours till you feel they sit right on your head

How long have u used them until they became stable? I just got my delivery last week, only been used for 5 or 6 hours in total, do you think I'll have a long way?

May 8, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #6,900 of 18,761
  How long have u used them until they became stable? I just got my delivery last week, only been used for 5 or 6 hours in total, do you think I'll have a long way?

I really can't remember sorry, I've had my TH900s for over a year and half now, but I know it didn't take long.  How many notches do you extend your phones headband?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back