Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jan 8, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #12,377 of 18,761
Yup, similar, but she had hers done by Peter Bradstock at DHC and he uses mini-XLRs not female TRS connectors.  He did mine also and it works great.

Jan 8, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #12,378 of 18,761
Yup, similar, but she had hers done by Peter Bradstock at DHC and he uses mini-XLRs not female TRS connectors.  He did mine also and it works great.

That is awesome, I think th900 do deserves the upgrade :D. I could have the cotton wrapped, leather wrapped, or braided it with colorful threads....etc...but I think just solid silver like this by itself is amazing looking

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #12,381 of 18,761

I second that! Though might be too late for me... t.., to, to wait that looong *:゚*。⋆ฺ(*´◡`)

Hey you're lucky... At least you're in Japan, you can get it in less than two weeks. We don't know even know when there will be a US/Europe release. If Fostex just said "hey it's the same headphone, only with a removable cable this time" I'd buy the MK1 right now. But they are keeping both headphones (MK1 and MK2) on the product page of the Japanese website and this is suspicious to me. Why wouldn't anyone want removable cables, everyone likes them?! So there might indeed be slight sonic differences which makes me think it's a better idea to be patient and wait for the MK2. Sennheiser is selling both HD800 and HD800S and they have slight differences in the sound department. My heart says "buy it now" but I'll listen to my mind, resist and wait.

Jan 9, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #12,383 of 18,761
Just managed to snag a used pair of these for a bargain. I didn't realise the earpads would be so big. Is there a particular way to wear them to enhance the seal? Should my ears be centred in the cup or at the back? I definitely notice changes in the bass impact when I move them around.

Jan 9, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #12,384 of 18,761
Just managed to snag a used pair of these for a bargain. I didn't realise the earpads would be so big. Is there a particular way to wear them to enhance the seal? Should my ears be centred in the cup or at the back? I definitely notice changes in the bass impact when I move them around.

You are correct ! If you look, the pads is angled. The thickest part should be toward the back of your head, and the thinnest should be up front. You can slightly roll the thin part up front a bit to fit better, but if you change too much, then you would either get that bothersome trebles spikes, or reduces of bass

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #12,385 of 18,761
You are correct ! If you look, the pads is angled. The thickest part should be toward the back of your head, and the thinnest should be up front. You can slightly roll the thin part up front a bit to fit better, but if you change too much, then you would either get that bothersome trebles spikes, or reduces of bass

Thanks. Any tips for how to put the earpads back on? I'm using a paperclip to wedge open the plastic disc that holds them but having no luck sliding them back on. I don't want break them by being too rough.

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #12,386 of 18,761

Thanks. Any tips for how to put the earpads back on? I'm using a paperclip to wedge open the plastic disc that holds them but having no luck sliding them back on. I don't want break them by being too rough.

Go to Lawton audio site, DIY level one tune up removing ear pads for a description. It's easy here is the link.

http://www.lawtonaudio.com/fostextuneupinstructions.html

Cheers

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #12,387 of 18,761
Go to Lawton audio site, DIY level one tune up removing ear pads for a description. It's easy here is the link.

http://www.lawtonaudio.com/fostextuneupinstructions.html

Cheers

Thanks for that link. Made it easy to put the pads back on.

Just realising that even tho the TH900s are really efficient that they definitely benefit from being amped. They sound a lot more controlled, defined and open.

Jan 9, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #12,388 of 18,761
After getting the TT I agree, what can doesn't scale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back