Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
May 1, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #10,171 of 18,765
Well im at my river house getting intimate with th900 and hugo. Dominik euleberg bliss

Ok yeah sort of jealous :wink:. Im over here bustin my butt for finals 
frown.gif
. Listen to some Zero 7 (artist name) in flac, you won't regret it.

May 1, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #10,172 of 18,765
Well im at my river house getting intimate with th900 and hugo. Dominik euleberg bliss

You know that just makes us want to kick your ass right?

May 1, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #10,173 of 18,765
  Ok yeah sort of jealous :wink:. Im over here bustin my butt for finals 
frown.gif
. Listen to some Zero 7 (artist name) in flac, you won't regret it.

I only had one course this term, and no final, all papers, but I am taking a fourth year course in the summer so that sort of sucks. I listen to Zero One, so I will certainly try Zero 7.

May 1, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #10,174 of 18,765

Ok yeah sort of jealous :wink:. Im over here bustin my butt for finals :frowning2: . Listen to some Zero 7 (artist name) in flac, you won't regret it.

Ill top it, 7th hole blues plus two, have z 7.

May 1, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #10,176 of 18,765

Well, it's not too shocking to see a summit-fi headphone beat out any gaming headphone :). I've had some really good gaming experiences with the HE-500, and even better film experiences just due to the fact of blu rays having good audio as well as certain films having some really nice production, but generally the audio in film is heaps above gaming which I find unfortunate. Good audio in a game can do so much as the conversation has been saying here.

I know some gaming headphones/sets are absolute garbage and just abuse the "gamer" market/demographic, but there are some reasonable gaming sets out there for the price. I've been playing games for as long as I can remember, and the headset never really appealed to me much. Separate microphone is the way to go.  I guess that also has to do with my love of music going back to just as long, and even before I knew headphones could be more than 100 or 200 dollars, I still had a desire to get good sound out of my computer.

Lol which game are you both talking about?? the you-tube video doesnt exist anymore so cant know?

May 1, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #10,177 of 18,765
I've had the TH900 for several months now and they still impress me each time I use them. Many, many headphones have passed through my hands but these are the only ones to consistently give me that dumb, uncontrollable smile when I listen to them. 
Absolutely gorgeous too!

May 1, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #10,178 of 18,765
  I've had the TH900 for several months now and they still impress me each time I use them. Many, many headphones have passed through my hands but these are the only ones to consistently give me that dumb, uncontrollable smile when I listen to them. 
Absolutely gorgeous too!

Nice pic!

How would you compare lcd-xc to th900?

May 1, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #10,179 of 18,765
Absolutely gorgeous too!

Recabled your TH900's? What cable is that.

May 1, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #10,180 of 18,765

Nice pic!

How would you compare lcd-xc to th900?

I didn't have them at the same time, but off of memory I was surprised at how much I could dislike headphones that sold for $1800. Much less comfortable than the TH900, mostly because of the additional weight and the way the earpads almost suck your ears in. The sound was much thicker than TH900 and too smooth. High frequencies just weren't to my liking. Suffice to say, I'm not a huge fan of Audeze tuning in general but the XC in particular I really didn't like. 

Recabled your TH900's? What cable is that.

Just a cable that I put together myself. Not for any sonic reasons, I just prefer the flexibility and the style over the stock one. 

May 2, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #10,181 of 18,765
Absolutely gorgeous too!

Awesome setup! How is the iFi Micro iDSD treating your TH900?

May 2, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #10,183 of 18,765
  I normally run them from a Burson Conductor, sometimes the Woo WA2. I've never owned a iDSD, haha

Whoops, mismatched forum signatures there. My bad!

May 3, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #10,185 of 18,765
  I normally run them from a Burson Conductor, sometimes the Woo WA2. I've never owned a iDSD, haha

Im using them with the Conductor SL (1793 chip), and this combo is blowing me away. I got this combo for about $1,500 and it sounds waaayyyy better than that price point. I've' listened to quite a few rigs at this point, and this is a pretty special pairing. The devices just have great synergy with one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back