Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Jan 21, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #3,436 of 3,438
Hi, I read about these attenuation rings that you can slip between the pads and the phones. How are they supposed to work? I can't imagine paying money for something that you can easily cut out yourself, but I'm curious.

Thanks, Daan

Jan 30, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #3,437 of 3,438
What is the general recommendation on dampening mod for those?
Is Lawton mod worth it, read some people recommending just dampening drivers and skipping cups as it kills bass response too much.
Also would this material work as a substitute to what Mark provides with his DIY kit, figured getting the whole kit when skipping cups dampening is not worth it.
I did the cup mod but not the driver dampening on mine and I found the bass was definitely not reduced. However, it also depends on which cups you get.

Jan 30, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #3,438 of 3,438
I did the cup mod but not the driver dampening on mine and I found the bass was definitely not reduced. However, it also depends on which cups you get.
My cups are still en route, but this is what maker recommended as well, skip the dampening and let wood control the timbre.
Which makes me question Lawton approach when he stuffs beautiful exotic wood cups with heavy dampening material, killing natural wood resonance.
And I've done driver side dampening already, bass is the same in volume just better controlled, but treble got much better without shrill.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back