Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Oct 14, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #3,301 of 3,438
Personally I would quote them exactly what you spent on headphones because there's likely going to be depreciation on your items with the insurance claim should something happen.

I was able to trade time/labor helping somebody out so I didn't' have any $$ invested in headphones so the money I had saved for them instead went to Lawton cups, tune up and new pads which was prob close to $550. Since I will not part with these I think I'm gonna quote $600 to the insurance company and call it a day. With receipts for all the add-ons and adding the cans in as well I think they would be OK with that. So far I am loving them though as they have actually made me set aside my Beyer DT 990 pro which I love. These for anything fun and. HD600 for analytical/critical listening I think.

Oct 24, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #3,302 of 3,438

Best for th600

Oct 24, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #3,303 of 3,438

Best for th600

Sadly the Mojo DAC is only acceptable, but as far as my experience tells me if you have not heard the th 600 through this amplifier you are missing out on the grand display!
Furthermore there is no best IMO it is only a subjective experience in our audio arena. But if there were a best way to hear the Fostex TH600 headphones this amplifier would have to be part of the equation!

Driguy's 25 DHT Class A Headphone amplifier from Albuquerque Head-fi meeting.

Oct 24, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #3,304 of 3,438
Sadly the Mojo DAC is only acceptable, but as far as my experience tells me if you have not heard the th 600 through this amplifier you are missing out on the grand display!
Furthermore there is no best IMO it is only a subjective experience in our audio arena. But if there were a best way to hear the Fostex TH600 headphones this amplifier would have to be part of the equation!

Driguy's 25 DHT Class A Headphone amplifier from Albuquerque Head-fi meeting.

I'm stating this stack can produce AMOUNT of bass. Mojo+C5 is another level of bass.

Your picture (tube) will never meet the basshead lust.

Maybe I just want to optimize the bass that TH600 can give

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #3,305 of 3,438
I'm stating this stack can produce AMOUNT of bass. Mojo+C5 is another level of bass.

Sorry to tell you that you're wrong here, a very small switching power supply as in the Mojo and whatever your C5 is not certain what that is exactly, but without a brawny power supply you will only be grabbing at straws in regards to the bass and bass control that you speak of out of the th 600 because the amp runs out of steam. If you're happy with the bass amount that you get out of the Mojo then you should be content. But if you want to hear something that will make you jump then I suggest a amplifier with a hefty power supply to be rewarded.

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #3,306 of 3,438

I would agree with the poster @Monte Verdi, the Mojo is a good DAC but as an amp its not that good in my limited experience with it.  The Hugo was noticeable improvement over the Mojo.  The Mojo-C5 my produce a lot of bass but I would not think its of good quality.  The TH-600 is really easy to drive so while it can get really loud on my Fiio X3ii or X3, compared to my desk top system the SQ is not there but this being head-fi, YMMV and IMO

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #3,307 of 3,438
Sorry to tell you that you're wrong here, a very small switching power supply as in the Mojo and whatever your C5 is not certain what that is exactly, but without a brawny power supply you will only be grabbing at straws in regards to the bass and bass control that you speak of out of the th 600 because the amp runs out of steam. If you're happy with the bass amount that you get out of the Mojo then you should be content. But if you want to hear something that will make you jump then I suggest a amplifier with a hefty power supply to be rewarded.

No, im not wrong, maybe u cant understand how basshead wants. Try to be in the in the forum of basshead, hawaiibadboy also love stacking his dac with C5 for the Bass boost, being a audiophile, u cant say wrong to others since people have different taste.

Sorry to say that u are wrong to judge. :) ur opinion is good but kinda wrong to judge me wrong

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #3,308 of 3,438
Cayin C5 is not a trash amp like seriously, you just look down to it before try using it. People really need to try it at least a week or a month before judging and throwing statements.

Oct 25, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #3,309 of 3,438
  Cayin C5 is not a trash amp like seriously, you just look down to it before try using it. People really need to try it at least a week or a month before judging and throwing statements.

When you state "Best for th600" it can mean different things to different individuals. 

For me the TH-600 is one of the headphones I might use if I want bass that is over the top in quantity but not that great in details / quality.  I didn't trash the C5 since I've never used them but have used the Mojo a few times and found it decent to pretty good as a DAC, but lacking as an amp for most of the headphones that I tried it with.  When I look for a DAC or amp to pair with the TH-600 I want something that can clean up the muddy bass of the TH-600, not add a bass boost to make it even more muddy.  To me the Mojo is a touch on the warmer side so it would not be my choice of DAC with the TH-600 and I would try to find an amp that is neutral with a lot of current to control the driver, adding more bass to an already bass heavy headphone is not my preference.

Basically what I'm try to say is don't make a very general statement as you did in your original post, if you had said something like "best portable DAC/amp for major bass" I would not have commented since that is your opinion and you are stating your preference to have a lot of bass and that the combo of the Mojo+C5 gives you that bass that you like.

Nov 11, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #3,311 of 3,438
Planning to sell my TH600. As low as $420 w/o shipping. Anyone here interested?

Nov 11, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #3,312 of 3,438
No, i regret of saying it.

I just modded my TH600, losing the peaky treble is heaven for this cans. (Only to those who loves EDM)

I can share how I modded it soon after my exam next week. It's not placebo and it is gorgeous. (Also cheap, cost like 5cent)

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #3,313 of 3,438
tried TH900, it is more sibilant XO

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #3,314 of 3,438
Thought I would show some love for the TH 600 by sharing my listening experience at this moment.

Brahms 3rd Symphony with Takashi Asahina conducting the Osaka Philharmonic from 1995 on Pony Canyon Records Japan. Playing file via jRiver upsampled to 4XDSD on a iFi Nano iDSD to a customized Perreaux SHX1 headphone amp which is my second set up when not using my Nakamichi Stasis SR-4A Receiver.
Needless to say it sounds gorgeous with that Osaka lush and elegant string sound that Asahina brought forth with good bass heft.
For a really nice bass workout Eberhard Weber's Encore on ECM was next!

Please share what you are listening to with your TH 600's!

Jan 3, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #3,315 of 3,438
Thought I would show some love for the TH 600 by sharing my listening experience at this moment.

Brahms 3rd Symphony with Takashi Asahina conducting the Osaka Philharmonic from 1995 on Pony Canyon Records Japan. Playing file via jRiver upsampled to 4XDSD on a iFi Nano iDSD to a customized Perreaux SHX1 headphone amp which is my second set up when not using my Nakamichi Stasis SR-4A Receiver.
Needless to say it sounds gorgeous with that Osaka lush and elegant string sound that Asahina brought forth with good bass heft.
For a really nice bass workout Eberhard Weber's Encore on ECM was next!

Please share what you are listening to with your TH 600's!

Man, now I'm embarrassed to admit I like Taylor swift on the th600 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back