Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Oct 7, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #3,286 of 3,438
I spent some time with them today, as well as with the HP-a4BL amp. I was very impressed with both. I also tried the Amp/DAC wit h my Ether C, and it drove it very well. I think this Amp DAC might be better than the Jotunheim.

As for the TH-610, it struck me as a fully Lawton modded TH-600. Well controlled bass. Tight treble. Looks very nice too with the wooden cups. I asked about getting the cups and they said which they don't sell them directly, I should ask an authorized repair shop abut getting them as a replacement part.

Bottom line, I have no problem recommending the TH-610 to anyone. If you have a Lawton modded 600, you are already there.

Now, take this with a grain of salt as I didn't have my TH-600 with me to compare. All my impressions were from memory. 

Thanks Allan!
How is the tent working out I understand they are using generators.

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #3,287 of 3,438

I spent some time with them today, as well as with the HP-a4BL amp. I was very impressed with both. I also tried the Amp/DAC wit h my Ether C, and it drove it very well. I think this Amp DAC might be better than the Jotunheim.

As for the TH-610, it struck me as a fully Lawton modded TH-600. Well controlled bass. Tight treble. Looks very nice too with the wooden cups. I asked about getting the cups and they said which they don't sell them directly, I should ask an authorized repair shop abut getting them as a replacement part.

Bottom line, I have no problem recommending the TH-610 to anyone. If you have a Lawton modded 600, you are already there.

Now, take this with a grain of salt as I didn't have my TH-600 with me to compare. All my impressions were from memory. 

Thanks Allan!
How is the tent working out I understand they are using generators.

Not great, but it's not hell or anything. Just not ideal. The floor rocks when anyone walks by it's pretty noisy. That said, it wasn't overly crowded on Friday, but the weekend is coming. They were worried about cold, but I think it's supposed to be rather warm the next few days. We'll see. I finished my SHaG card and have seen most of the CanJam, so I just have a few more CanJam booths, then I play with the big kids upstairs. Of course that also includes the Abyss, Schiit, HiFiMan (I wasn't too impressed with the Shangra-la in the tent, but it was pretty), McIntosh, Sennheiser. MySpeakers. Plus all the $250k-$1,000k systems :) Interesting, no Stax or KingSound this year. 

Oct 8, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #3,288 of 3,438

Thanks I was wondering that as I just recently picked up a TH600, Sheepskin Leather angled Brainwavzpads, and am currently awaiting Lawton Wood Cups (Type 1) and tune-up kit. When those arrive I will be Lawton modded except for the cord which I am fine with and leaving stock. Sounds like that set-up will compare similarly to the 610.

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #3,289 of 3,438
Guys, my lovely TH600 pads are worn out...

Where can I get the original one? Seriously I love my TH600 and it is sad to see the pads are quite worn out :'(

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #3,291 of 3,438
  went with the Lawton pads after the stock ones started disintegrating. As good if not better.

laqton pads seems ambiguous. Which type? can u be specific? I just dont want to change the sound signature since I already in love with this...

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #3,292 of 3,438
Guys, is it only me or you guys experience the same?

"the highs is no longer sibilant to me after hundred hours of listening to this headphone, except EDM songs that use peaky treble. I mean here vocal emphasis songs. After the foam rotation mod, it brings mids to another level! I am totally in love and can't think how sound can be better than this, I paired with Mojo though, tried with Fiio and it sounds terrible..."

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #3,294 of 3,438
  Try these for the pads:

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/252805-Fostex-8560014000

https://www.moon-audio.com/fostex-th900-replacement-earpads.html

I saw fullcompass before, it's cheap in terms of price. Anyone tried?

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #3,296 of 3,438
Guys, my lovely TH600 pads are worn out...

Where can I get the original one? Seriously I love my TH600 and it is sad to see the pads are quite worn out :'(

I was curious too. Your profile doesn't say what country you are in. The list of distributors is at:
http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/distributors/index.php

I contacted American Music and Sound in the USA. They sell the pads.

AMS-8560014000 (EAR PAD TH-900 TH-600 TH-500RP) retail price $28.99/pad

I worked with:

Andrea F Brown │ Parts Customer Service
American Music and Sound
4325 Executive Dr. Suite 300
Southaven, MS 38672
Ph: 866.474.7711 x4109 │Fax: 514.457.4012
Email: Andrea.Brown@americanmusicandsound.com

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #3,297 of 3,438
So out of both curiosity and necessity I have a question. I recently obtained a used but mint condition TH-600 to which I added Sheepskin Brainwave angle pads, Lawton Tune up kit and Lawton wood cups. I need to declare value for my insurance company as I take pics and register serial numbers of all my AV and home theater equipment in case of theft or fire etc.

What would you say is a realistic/accurate valuation?

Oct 14, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #3,298 of 3,438
So out of both curiosity and necessity I have a question. I recently obtained a used but mint condition TH-600 to which I added Sheepskin Brainwave angle pads, Lawton Tune up kit and Lawton wood cups. I need to declare value for my insurance company as I take pics and register serial numbers of all my AV and home theater equipment in case of theft or fire etc.

What would you say is a realistic/accurate valuation?

No more than $500

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #3,299 of 3,438
At a little over $400 for new Lawton wood cups plus the price of tune-up kit and brand new pads and the headphone itself that seems low to me (I am 100% not looking to flip or sell these as I regretted trading my denon D2000 and saved for quite a while to get these) but perhaps they lose valuation fast or the new 610's reduce value. Will see what others say but perhaps that's what they are worth.

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #3,300 of 3,438
At a little over $400 for new Lawton wood cups plus the price of tune-up kit and brand new pads and the headphone itself that seems low to me (I am 100% not looking to flip or sell these as I regretted trading my denon D2000 and saved for quite a while to get these) but perhaps they lose valuation fast or the new 610's reduce value. Will see what others say but perhaps that's what they are worth.

Personally I would quote them exactly what you spent on headphones because there's likely going to be depreciation on your items with the insurance claim should something happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back