Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones
Apr 22, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #2,146 of 3,438
They def sound worth their money. You gotta hear that pandora though. Every new person that gets one likes it. I remember the bass hitting harder but its not as tight with less soundstage but clearer and more detailed.

Next time you get a Pandora let me know...........:D

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #2,147 of 3,438
Next time you get a Pandora let me know...........
biggrin.gif

Ill try to keep quiet about it until then lol may be hard to though. Im a bit of a blabber

Apr 24, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #2,149 of 3,438
There was a recent sale and so people prob bought them to try out. I however missed that sale and am selling mine because I have the he560 in mind since I have no open backs. The th600 at these prices you are seeing on the FS thread makes it one of the best bargains I have seen since I have been here. It will also disappear so people shouldn't hesitate or expect lower.

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #2,150 of 3,438
Every other headphone I've listened to I find some fault with or get sick of. Not these.
So perfect for my listening prefs. Even just trying them straight out of Macbook Pro Retina 2013 now no DAC/amp and they still sound fantastic, just a little less bass quality/quantity and 'weight' than I'm used to. But the sense of space they convey placing instruments around you is just amazing.
I was listening to my M100s today at work and every time I put them on they sounded muffled, congested and too up front. A wall of sound. For that reason (wanting a sense of space, more clarity and better dynamics), I've recently ordered a pair of Signature DJs. Need the isolation otherwise I'd probably have just taken my TH600s to work. Can't wait til the SigDJs arrive to compare these 3 'phones and I'll definitely be getting rid of the M100s regardless I think. They've never done it for me since I got them I've always wanted more clarity, the TH600s have just spoiled everything else :p Ah the comfort too...

Ps. great mix and other fantastic mixes by this DJ on soundcloud if you like downtempo, IDM and glitch type stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/dj-maggie/live-at-moontribe-supermoon

This one is a fav too:
https://soundcloud.com/klopfgeister/klopfgeister-ambient-set-2011?in=klopfgeister/sets/free-downloads-at-your-own

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #2,152 of 3,438
If your problem is with the soundstage of other bassy 'phones, then you might be in trouble with the Sig DJ as the soundstage is rather ordinary despite the good imaging - though for the sound quality + isolation they are hard to beat. Anyway, I'll be interested to see your impressions and whether or not we feel the same way about them.

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #2,153 of 3,438
Yeah, I don't expect them to sound like open headphones like the TH600s do (despite being kind of closed and not leaking tooo much).
I can appreciate a closed headphone with a narrow soundstage, I still like my DT1350s - they have clarity/detail, lots of sub bass, great mids, and not-too-harsh highs. And they isolate really really well. They have their uses. But the M100 doesn't isolate so well, so you have to really crank up the volume to block out office music and noise (and for DJing when I've tried to use them, they're useless for that, don't know how they got so many big DJ endorsements). And then they just sound like a wall of sound that mushes all frequencies together (OK I'm exaggerating).
Neither of these are comfy though, so hoping the SDJs are comfy enough, isolate well and have everything I'm after, and by all accounts they do. I like S-Logic too from what I remember of the Pro900s; if they didn't have such crazy treble I may have kept them. Everyone seems to say the SDJs are a way way better version of those, so can't really go wrong. Looking forward to it. Only thing I'm worried about is that I might want after some Signature Pros as well :p

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #2,154 of 3,438
  They def sound worth their money. You gotta hear that pandora though. Every new person that gets one likes it. I remember the bass hitting harder but its not as tight with less soundstage but clearer and more detailed.

Agree with this. I own both pandora and TH600. both are great headphones but honestly the pandora is getting more listening time compared to TH600 right now. 

Apr 27, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #2,155 of 3,438
Has anyone had a full Lawton Audio Mod on this headphone? If so can I get an impression? I have no doubt I will be in love with the look and sound of the headphone, but I decided to keep the stock ear pads. 

Apr 27, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #2,157 of 3,438
I've been giving my new TH600s a good listening to this weekend, and I must say so far I'm impressed.  This is my highest up the food chain headphones to date...

Apr 28, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #2,158 of 3,438

Agree with this. I own both pandora and TH600. both are great headphones but honestly the pandora is getting more listening time compared to TH600 right now. 

For me the TH-600 bests the previously owned D5000 for listening to electronic music but annoyingly so, I find the Fostex sometimes overpowering in the low end. Isn't no one experiencing the lows reverberations buzzing around the head when listening to bass heavy (electronic) music? All I hear is a frikkin factory! When the mids and highs come in though it gets bearable and thankfully many times enjoyable. How does the Pandora handle that? Does it have a faster decay for example? I like the tightness of the TH-600 but to overcome the reverbs I would trade it for a liiittle looser/leaner sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back