Fostex T50RP 50th Anniversary Edition
Nov 28, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #226 of 422
20231128_190906.jpg

I have the t50rp mk3 and now the t5050 as well.
Really like the t5050, but TBH they sound more alike than I thought.

My main issues with the mk3 (with stock pads) is that it sometimes can be harsh and sounds kinda closed in. On rare occasions, on songs with a tons of bass, the bass is a bit overwhelming.
Also the fit is passable but not great.
Preferated pads mostly fixed the harshness and make the soundstage feel bigger, But the bass becomes too lean. And the fit still not great due to the headband.
Most of the time the mk3 sounds good but those occasional issues and the fit can interfere with enjoying the music.

The 5050 sounds great out of the box. It's never harsh and the bass still great but never overdone (somehow the bass feels the same as mk3 but without the problems I had occasionally). And the fit is much much better. The strap make a big different and its sits so well on my head.

TLDR;
The t5050 sounds like a fixed t50rp mk3.
It sounds better, without the occasional harshness and much more comfortable.
(but I will note that sometimes they sounds almost the same)
I have it for a while now and I like it a lot.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #228 of 422
Nov 28, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #230 of 422
I have a hard time paying $300 for the T50/50s when they're $200.
You are not the only one. I paid them 270 euros..which is $295 at the moment. So...

I waited for Bose BT earbuds for months, and nothing happened...I cancelled the order. The same Bose was delivered in other counties like Germany...but my country was always somehow skipped. Sometimes, unfortunately, it works like that with Amazon's particular dispatch places.

Perhaps someone who lives in the US is willing to buy t5050 and send it to you; it's not that big deal. I would if I lived in the US.

Cheers!

Nov 28, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #231 of 422
I watched my hopes float down the river a few days ago. I'm still letting it ride on ordered because I haven't been charged and who knows. amazon might pull a miracle out of it's ass. I may just suffer with these zero reds for a while. I have a hard time paying $300 for the T50/50s when they're $200.
Yeah that's a big gap in price.
Give it a few days, delay in supply is not uncommon

BTW I paid 290 for mine (including taxes)

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #232 of 422
Yeah that's a big gap in price.
Give it a few days, delay in supply is not uncommon

BTW I paid 290 for mine (including taxes)
Black Friday deals also cause huge delays for distribution, too many people buying stuff at once. My set were meant to arrive at the end of last week and I'm still waiting for them to reach my local post office.

Nov 28, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #233 of 422
I just bought a headphone and cable in Amazon US with Amazon JP as the seller. Tax is regular US tax and shipping is free. For some reason the headphone went through payment without a hitch and has been shipped and have already Japan as per tracking. The cable on the other had has numerously declined my payment and I am on my 4th different credit card payment update. Not notice yet since last night if it's having issues again but hopefully it'll go through and ship ASAP as Amazon stated it won't be here until Dec. 18 from supposed to be Dec. 5 and I'll be away on Dec 25th for a month long vacation out of the country. Yeah, buying internationally can pose headaches :tired_face:

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #234 of 422
Black Friday deapost office.
Yeah thamine (including taxes)
I just bought a headphone and cab be Dec. 5 and I'll be away on Dec 25th for a month long vacation out of the country. Yeah, buying internationally can pose headaches :tired_face:
You are not the on
I would if I lived in the US.

Cheers!

to my knowledge 4 have been sold from altomusic since I made my order . IDK what happened but my order is somehow an anomaly. was checking one day and amazon itself was available as a seller so I put in cart and checked to see if they would deliver to Mexico. when I saw it would go through I immediately made the order. I haven't seen amazon available as a seller since that day. what's weird is there a 3rd seller but sometimes that seller doesn't show. altomusic and djdigitalgear always show. if my order fails I am going to press amazon hard for the emotional roller coaster, something I never do since they usually preemptively offer like $5 or $10 credit whenever they screw up on their end. I haven't been able to order ear pads or dac/amp because I need the headphones first. lol. worst comes to worst I could have a pair sent to a friends house but they will sit there until I visit the US again, which idk if I will do yet. if I spend $300 USD it seems I should consider the t60s then. I do like the t60s have a straight 3.5 non proprietary jack rather than the 2.5 on the t50/50.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #236 of 422
My set just arrived, they take a bit of power to drive from my poor little Fiio BTR5 but sound great! Keen to see how these go with some games and some longer term listening attached to my computer set up.
Oh it will be fun an amusing in gaming use. If you like the sound on the first go, you will like and appreciate it more as it settles in on you.

Dec 2, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #240 of 422
Yep I've always found the Fostex cables are pretty good!

It's the comfort of the inner hard headband that I struggle with for long listening sessions. Does anyone have the same issue - any ideas on how to soften it somehow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back