Fostex T-X0 Massdrop edition
Oct 3, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #111 of 242
FedEx emailed an expected delivery date change for mine... added an extra day. Now it is Friday... maybe.
Seems like a week from NJ to CO is a bit excessive. I routinely get things from China or Korea just as fast... if not faster.
Sure wish they would give us a shipping choice.

Oct 3, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #113 of 242
So I guess I am the first one in. After brief listen I do like them. Different from my Sennheisers 650 that I absolutely love. Packaging is nothing to write home about. Build seems good. Pads are nice. Design is pretty cool. A little bulky. Sound seems to be excellent. I think most buyers will be very happy.

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #114 of 242
So I guess I am the first one in. After brief listen I do like them. Different from my Sennheisers 650 that I absolutely love. Packaging is nothing to write home about. Build seems good. Pads are nice. Design is pretty cool. A little bulky. Sound seems to be excellent. I think most buyers will be very happy.
pics, pics , picssssssssssssssss :)

Oct 4, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #115 of 242

MOAR BASS? (Than the Sennheiser HD 650s?)

:L3000::wink:

Oct 4, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #116 of 242
Got mine yesterday, only have a Schiit Fulla 2 until I get to work, but so far pretty meh IMO. Some serious wonkiness in the freq responese, which, to be fair, was to be expected. I have a mayflower modding kit on its way, so I'll reserve full judgement until I've done some of those mods.

Update: To elaborate a bit more, the sound is a bit honky, with some clear resonances in the midrange. Interestingly, when I press the cups a bit against my head the sound improves to my ears.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #117 of 242
3A09B44C-20AB-4587-89C9-1D31AF2F73E3.jpeg
AE4FBE3D-792B-40B9-B753-1BE7FA5157D2.jpeg
Requested Pics

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #119 of 242
Got mine, gave a listen pushing them with a JDS Labs Element. Definitely need an amp. Warmer than the Oppo PM-3 that normally hangs out bedside, and much more comfortable. The distance between driver and ear is spot-on, gives a more open soundstage than I would have expected for such an inexpensive set of closed-back cans. PM-3's have more sparkle, tighter bass, but much less bass, too. Always found them a bit anemic in that regard, so they got bedside duty where they won't bug the SO so much.

Overall....warm, bass just a bit lacking, mids a bit muddy and treble just right. Very enjoyable. I'll give them a few hundred hours and then start modding, first looking to clean up the mids I think. AFAIK, there is no way to punch up the bass, they are what they are in that regard, but maybe I need to do some more reading about mods.

I'm pleased, they sound great and I think with some tweaks I'll reach for them often.

Oct 4, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #120 of 242
Was hoping they would come earlier but spent 3 days in Indy so they should be here tomorrow. Don't know about these but Mr Speakers planars needed at least a 150 hours of burn in on bass heavy music at loud volume not max but as loud as you would listen to to fully come around to sounding their best. This might be how is drivers are shaped but it did make a big difference. Just a thought as I will probably be doing that myself as it can't hurt and a few of my headphones and earphones did respond well to a bit of flexing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back