Fostex PM0.4W vs Swan M10
May 11, 2012 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Papertowels

New Head-Fier
Hello!
I'm a budding headfi-er looking for a decent set of speakers to use with my laptop, and I'm turning to you guys for some help.

I have a fiio e7 dac that I can use with my lappy, but to be honest, I can barely hear a difference with my current $25 logitech speakers.  I'm not buying a new set of speakers just for the fiio though, I'm really just looking for an upgrade from my logitechs.  

I've been digging around, and it seems the best bang for the buck can be found with either fostex drivers (I'm looking at the PM .4 set), or a set of swan M10 speakers.

Does anyone know how these compare to each other, and give a recommendation as to which set to (eventually) buy?  Any other suggestions would also be welcomed; my budget is as close to $100 as possible, give or take $40

I listen to mainly hip hop/ chill beats (think Nujabes), if it helps.  I'll answer any questions you guys deem necessary.  

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I wasn't sure whether to post this under speakers or computer audio... went with the former.  If I'm wrong would somebody please move this to the proper forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back