Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
Sep 16, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #1,400 of 1,448
Hi HP-P1 owners :  I just hooked up my fully charged fostex to an iPod Classic via the 30pin to USB connector, playing 16/44 tracks at around normal listening levels (about 11 O'Clock)  into the Beyerdynamic T51ps (32 Ohm)  on low gain -

I got around 5.5 hours continuous playback.   Would you guys say this is about typical/normal battery life?

firmware is 1.1.1

hardware 1.1.2

Cheers!

Sep 24, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #1,407 of 1,448
  UPDATE from Fostex regarding the latest Firmware 1.1.2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. XXXXX,

I am very glad to hear that most problems that you were facing were solved.
The latest V1.1.2 firmware update was issued mainly because we needed to rectify the operation failure with non iOS device which is iPod Classic.
After cycling the power of HP-P1 to which the iPod Classic was connected, the resume function sometimes did not work properly.
We rectified this point.
Of course we rectified minor bugs which were caused by the iOS update.
The volume bar thing is the typical example.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there.

1.1.1 was to fix the battery issue from memory.

Sep 25, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #1,408 of 1,448
I'm finding myself using this again often out of convenience. I notice on the website that neither iPhone 6 or 6s is listed, I will probably end with a 6s. Has anyone tried it with either of them to see if it works?

Sep 26, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #1,409 of 1,448
The 6 works fine so I would be surprised if the 6s does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back