Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short REVIEW and Impressions Thread)
Jan 26, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #1,337 of 1,448
Hey all. I am looking for a 30 pin dock to usb. Honestly I've only found one seller on eBay. Just curious about where I can find one. I bought a 3 dollar one on eBay. Haven't tried it yet. So far I just have the long apple cable. I like the sound. What are our options here?

Originally the HP-P1 included a short 30pin to USB cable... Did you buy your unit used?

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #1,338 of 1,448
Yes, it seems most sellers keep that cable. Is it any different than the cheap ones? Seems very difficult to find a trustworthy cable of this type under $100. Although, based on your experiences maybe it isn't necessary. The iPod cable is ok I think. Just looking for a better short one.

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #1,339 of 1,448
They should not be able to keep it. it is sealed in the box with the unit.

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #1,341 of 1,448
I bought a used one.

That explains it. See if you can get one from Fostex.

http://www.fostexinternational.com/index-com.shtml

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #1,342 of 1,448
Please on me or list it in the classifieds and notify me here if anyone is selling an extra. I really liked the qusp (sp?) cable. I am digging how nice this sounds going through my stereo. I have a c5 that I use on the go with my iPod. The fostex has more depth of sound to my ears and versatility with its line out.

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #1,344 of 1,448
^^ Fostex HP-P1 is so good, it puts clarity back into the music esp my iTunes purchases. If it was bassy, I would have returned or sold it in an instant. I absolutely love it's carrying pouch, and use it with Sony H3 which lowers the bass a bit, enough for me to enjoy the music.
You can get a short interconnect to use under $10 which us more than enough.
I agree with long, that although you purchased it used, you should have recieved the cable, otherwise it becomes a piece of junk. The main purpose of this is to bypass apple dac and not go line out. There is a difference in sound when using either modes.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #1,347 of 1,448
Love mine, very convenient,but I have so many portable set ups and just upgraded so sadly I am selling mine on sales forum. I will probably put my CLAS up for sale too. I love all my portables but just spent too much so have to lean things out a bit….

http://www.head-fi.org/t/750403/fostex-hp-p1

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #1,348 of 1,448
I'm in the process in either getting the HP-P1 or the PHA-1. Which one has a nice amount of bass? I'm not looking for bass that's overdone but bass that's there and done right.

The fostex hp p1 is great and has more than enough bass. It's just nice to boost bass on an airplane or noisy commuter train with er4s IEMs. The fostex is superior to the c5 in my opinion. Probably how I should have put it in the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back