Fosi PH05: Fosi's 5 Channel Amplifier
May 21, 2024 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kesobie

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Everyone! Fosi has just released their update to their multichannel amp, the Fosi PH05. This is priced at $39.99 and features Texas Instruments NE5532 with a rated power output of 310mW on each channel. It features independent volume controls for each channel complemented by by a master volume knob.

Here are the full list of specs:
Recommended Headphone Impedance
16Ω-300Ω

Input Interface
3.5mm AUX

Output Interface
3.5mm Headphone Out ×5

SINAD
90dB

SNR
105dB

Dynamic Range
105dB

THD
0.001%

Noise Floor
25μV

Crosstalk
90dB

Frequency Response
20Hz-20kHz (±0.5dB)

Input Voltage and Current
DC12V/1A

1.jpg

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #2 of 2

FOSI PH05 FIRST IMPRESSIONS​

A few days ago, you may have seen me post a comparison post between the top sub $50 sets in the market today. Keen-eyed individuals may have also noticed the device I was comparing them on, namely the Fosi PH05. This is Fosi’s latest multi-channel amplifier to be released in June and is quite the amplifier for reviewers like me but also potentially audio mixers.

The PH05 features a Texas Instrument NE5532 which is an OP-AMP that Fosi has used in their previous, more expensive amplifiers in the past. This thing is capable of 310mW of power on each channel which is more than enough power for use with most IEMs and headphones with lower impedance and higher sensitivity. It also features independent volume controls for each channel, along with a master volume knob. You can also mute the amplifier with a press of a button and runs off DC power, so you don’t need to charge anything.

And this thing does its job really well. For a $40 multi-channel amplifier, you might expect minor drawbacks with this thing. But besides one thing, the PH05 does exactly what it says it does. It provides a clean and flat sound with more than enough volume for basically anything I’ve thrown it so far and made the process of reviewing IEMs CONSIDERABLY easier. My only gripe is, with sensitive IEMs, there’s a rather audible noise floor which might be a turn off for some.

But this thing has been more beneficial than detrimental to my experience as a reviewer. Having 5 channels to plug in 5 different headphones to do A/B at the ideal volume without needing to plug, unplug, change volume, and pause the music is a massive help in my review process being more consistent in terms of the individual factors.

I’ll be sharing my full review on this along with my first video/live comparison very soon, so stay tuned for that. But if you’re an up-and-coming reviewer, or audio mixer or need multiple channels while keeping the same volume, the PH05 is something you have to consider
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back