Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #4,561 of 4,764
I have now received my FIFTH Forza AudioWorks headphone cable .. all my main headphones are now Forza-Enabled !!

... this one the Claire Hybrid HPC for the Meze Empyrean, and used with a Burson Soloist 3XP Headphone Amplifier. Usual excellent build quality from FORZA and an appreciable sound improvement over the stock Meze SE cable ... well worth the upgrade.

A20B4A76-57B7-48D3-B5A8-B2366AD0BEEB_1_105_c.jpeg

Awesome stuff, thank you very much!

Ordered a week ago and already got email that it's gonna ship this week :heart_eyes:

If we have all the parts, the usual order completion time is several working days :)

It could happen that the package arrives on your door without a shipment notification. :)

We have mails with trackings automated, but every now and then we get info about our system not sending the message to some customers. Apologies if that happens and I'm always available via mail if that helps :)

I guess it's depending on the work they have to manage.

That's true, but there's several of us here, so in general - as above - it takes roughly three working days to complete an order with one or two cables. This may change slightly every now and then, but at this time of the year (sales wise it's slower than autumn) we don't have a backlog.

How long does it typically take to hear back from Forza? I placed my order on 08 Sep for a Noir and have not been provided an update to date - order status indicates “payment accepted”.

If you haven't received any info yet, can you please drop me a mail? Thanks!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Sep 29, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #4,564 of 4,764
We've been using Noir hybrid with these cans and to my ears this cable provides a spot on balance between openness, impact, tone and meat. It's a very versatile cable all in all, non-microphonic and very slinky at that. Hope this helps, thanks!

I concur. I have been using Noir Hybrid with Susvara and HD800 for a while. These days I don't think about the cable. I just enjoy the music. When you get to that stage, it means the cable is doing it's job well. :)

Oct 2, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #4,565 of 4,764
Received my first cable today. Much softer and more pliable than the stock Focal cable. Now, I went from an unbalanced to balanced connection and the SQ has definitely improved. No denying that. It was evident within the first few seconds. My guess is the amp likes balanced better. I won’t be able to tell if the improvement came from the cable or moving from unbalanced to balanced for my specific configuration; but I don’t care. I wanted the look and feel, as well as the 4.4mm pentaconn to get the most out of my Cayin C9. Forza checked those boxes for me and I’m happy with my purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpeg
    IMG_1042.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1041.jpeg
    IMG_1041.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Oct 7, 2023 at 6:27 AM Post #4,566 of 4,764
Received my first cable today. Much softer and more pliable than the stock Focal cable. Now, I went from an unbalanced to balanced connection and the SQ has definitely improved. No denying that. It was evident within the first few seconds. My guess is the amp likes balanced better. I won’t be able to tell if the improvement came from the cable or moving from unbalanced to balanced for my specific configuration; but I don’t care. I wanted the look and feel, as well as the 4.4mm pentaconn to get the most out of my Cayin C9. Forza checked those boxes for me and I’m happy with my purchase.

Thanks for your feedback! First let me say some amps are internally single-ended and have balanced outs added for a user's convenience (the second half of a signal is generated usually somewhere near outputs by i.e. an op-amp). In case of such designs the difference between balanced and unbalanced outputs usually is either very small or undetectable because the main circuit is the same for both. If an amp is a truly balanced design however (a differential topology with both halves of a signal running front to back), the odds are that this will make an easily audible difference. It may not be huge, but still something audible. Balanced sockets output more juice and some cans like that a lot, while a good cable is the cherry on top that raises sound quality a fair bit higher.

When you get to that stage, it means the cable is doing it's job well. :)

Thanks and I agree! When I just listen to stuff without thinking about what to replace next, that stuff works well for me :)

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Oct 16, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #4,569 of 4,764
Afaik, Hybrid has a green "A" on FAW label shrink of the amp jack, while regular Noir is white.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #4,571 of 4,764
Oct 19, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #4,572 of 4,764
It's been confirmed by Matez in this thread already. Try the search function. :wink:

The green A is for Hybrid.
I have TWO non-Hybrid cables ... both have GREEN on the right-hand cable. I always thought the 'Green' was to denote 'Right' not the type of cable ... unless I am misunderstanding the issue here.

EDIT: The Claire Hybrid cables I do have, have no heat shrink on the amp-end

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #4,573 of 4,764
I have TWO non-Hybrid cables ... both have GREEN on the right-hand cable. I always thought the 'Green' was to denote 'Right' not the type of cable ... unless I am misunderstanding the issue here.

EDIT: The Hybrid cables I do have, have no heat shrink on the amp-end
You are right. We are talking about the label on the jack.

Oct 20, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #4,574 of 4,764
Hi, was looking for advice for new balanced cable for dan Clark audio expanse, would you recomend the noir hybird or Mk2? Also open to suggestions from other manufactures but forza seems to be alot of quality for the price and im looking at a 12ft to15ft cable.

Thanks

Oct 23, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #4,575 of 4,764
Here are my cables from forza. Forza noir hybrid for Meze Elite and copper series iem mk2 cable for my custom art fibae 7 unlimited.
Noir hybrid is good cable, mechanical atributes are great, but I don´t hear any difference in the sound.
Copper iem cable is better choice than original null audio arete for CA Fibae. But the main difference is there because the new one from forza is terminated with 4,4mm pentaconn and the old one from null audio is terminated with 3,5mm jack. So the biggest difference is in balanced output of my shanling m7. There is better dynamics, detail.
20231023_202258.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back