Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #4,546 of 4,778
It's best to contact Matt directly; that way, you're assured of getting the extended 3.5mm plugs. No need for locking plugs as the ones on my Noir Hybrid were (no longer have the D8000) very secure. Just out of curiosity, why Claire and not Noir?

And as far as Claire vs Noir:

Claire 1.5m = 36 grams
Noir 1.5m = 75 grams

Could be one reason to prefer the Claire. But even if they were the same weight, some of us prefer the feel and compactness (when rolled up on the desk) of the Claire. Not that I don't like my Noir as well.

Aug 30, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #4,547 of 4,778
And as far as Claire vs Noir:

Claire 1.5m = 36 grams
Noir 1.5m = 75 grams

Could be one reason to prefer the Claire. But even if they were the same weight, some of us prefer the feel and compactness (when rolled up on the desk) of the Claire. Not that I don't like my Noir as well.
Claire's great; I've got Claire Hybrid on my 'lesser' headphones (HE560, Ultrasone Edition 8), but Noir is just more of a premium product and compared to the stock D8000 cable, it's much lighter and super flexible. You can't go wrong with either though.

Aug 30, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #4,548 of 4,778
Claire's great; I've got Claire Hybrid on my 'lesser' headphones (HE560, Ultrasone Edition 8), but Noir is just more of a premium product and compared to the stock D8000 cable, it's much lighter and super flexible. You can't go wrong with either though.
Claire HPC Hybrid here also...but...

you could still get the Noir wihout the Y splitter and have a form of heat shrink instead. I would choose this if I had a black HP. Only reason I chose the brown/semitrans was that it matches the Susvara wood color

Sep 7, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #4,549 of 4,778
Just wanted to give a shout out to Matez and everyone at Forza Audioworks. I have made multiple purchases with them, and the service and quick turnaround is second to none. Great sounding cables at a VERY reasonable price. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Bob

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #4,550 of 4,778
Just wanted to give a shout out to Matez and everyone at Forza Audioworks. I have made multiple purchases with them, and the service and quick turnaround is second to none. Great sounding cables at a VERY reasonable price. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Bob
The same. It's a shame they don't read and reply to their FB-messages.

Sep 8, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #4,551 of 4,778

Bob
I was surprised by how quickly my Noir arrived, It would have been nice, however, to have gotten an email saying the cable had been shipped. After the purchase acknowledgment email, there was no communication.

Sep 8, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #4,552 of 4,778
I was surprised by how quickly my Noir arrived, It would have been nice, however, to have gotten an email saying the cable had been shipped. After the purchase acknowledgment email, there was no communication.
That's surprising. Maybe it was a one-off oversight. I have always gotten an email with a shipping confirmation and a DHL tracking number.

Sep 9, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #4,554 of 4,778
Have been listening to my ZMF Verite with the Forza Noir Hybrid cable I recently received. (Thanks for the speedy shipping FAW!) I'm not sure if the cable will change much with burn-in, but my initial impressions after only a few hours are that the sound is a bit lighter on its feet with a touch more treble sparkle (than the ZMF Letric 4-strand copper cable I was using before) at the expense of some bass weight. Not sure which presentation I prefer! Might depend on music genre and tube roll. Will continue doing the research!

Is there any consensus about what burn-in does or does not do for the Noir Hybrid?
I know some people don’t believe cables make a difference, but those people would probably not be reading this thread. Even fewer people believe that cables (and components) burn in with the first days and weeks of use. I personally believe both of these things to be true. And I will allow that to some extent, the brain and ears adjust to the new normal. That said, After listening for a couple weeks to the Noir Hybrid, I feel as though burn-in has brought back most of the bass I felt was missing upon first listen. The treble is still more present than it was with the copper cable, which for me is a good thing with the Verite.

Overall, I am very pleased with this cable. It’s lightweight and flexible, sounds great and was a bargain.

Sep 12, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #4,556 of 4,778
How long does it typically take to hear back from Forza? I placed my order on 08 Sep for a Noir and have not been provided an update to date - order status indicates “payment accepted”.

Sep 13, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #4,557 of 4,778
How long does it typically take to hear back from Forza? I placed my order on 08 Sep for a Noir and have not been provided an update to date - order status indicates “payment accepted”.
I have seen you’re using Noir Hybrid HPC with Focal Clear OG. How it sounds compared to the Focal supplied cable?
Thanks!

Sep 13, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #4,558 of 4,778
It varies quite a bit.
It could happen that the package arrives on your door without a shipment notification. :)
I guess it's depending on the work they have to manage.

Sep 14, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #4,560 of 4,778
I have now received my FIFTH Forza AudioWorks headphone cable .. all my main headphones are now Forza-Enabled !!

... this one the Claire Hybrid HPC for the Meze Empyrean, and used with a Burson Soloist 3XP Headphone Amplifier. Usual excellent build quality from FORZA and an appreciable sound improvement over the stock Meze SE cable ... well worth the upgrade.

A20B4A76-57B7-48D3-B5A8-B2366AD0BEEB_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back