Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Aug 9, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #4,531 of 4,764
Does anyone here have both the Noir and Claire Hybrid cables for any of the HD 6X0 headphones? I'm still waiting on my order from FAW to ship since Matt has been waiting on some USB connectors, but I'm going to be in the market for a cable upgrade for my 6XX soon so assuming I'm happy with the FAW cables when I get them, I'd be happy to order from Matt again. The weight of the Claire would keep my 6XX really light and would also match with the Custom Cans copper mod I have coming for my 6XX, but if people really find that the Noir Hybrid is a sonic improvement over the Claire Hybrid for these headphones then I'll probably go that route again

Aug 13, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #4,532 of 4,764
dBull12: while I cannot comment on FAW Claire Hybrid, I will say that FAW Noir Hybrid is fantastic with HD600 / HD6XX / HD660S2. Clarity, dynamics, extension in abundance! As a result of FAW’s very reasonable prices, I own both SE and XLR amp-terminated Noir Hybrids. “Go noir, to average sound say: au revoir”.

Aug 16, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #4,533 of 4,764
I wonder what are the main sonic differences between noir hybrid and Claire hybrid...

I am very sensitive on head gear discomfort and the noir being too heavy for my hd 650 is the only thing that keeps me from ordering the noir.

Aside the heavier feeling I am kinda osd about my gear meaning I would be considered if they put much weight on the plugs of my 650...

are they much heavier than the original sennheiser cable?

Aug 17, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #4,534 of 4,764
are they much heavier than the original sennheiser cable?

Our Noir is a bit heavier, but also slinkier and more pleasant in use given its external multiple sleeves.

I wonder what are the main sonic differences between noir hybrid and Claire hybrid...

The main difference is in how much Noir Hybrid changes sound versus Claire Hybrid, as in the former model will provide differences which are more audible versus our Claire based on the same conductor material.

I will say that FAW Noir Hybrid is fantastic with HD600 / HD6XX / HD660S2.

Thank you very much and it's good to know that the synergy is there also with HD660S and HD6XX.

I've been a Forza Fan ever since I got a Utopia cable from them, and it's been my endgame ever since.

I was looking to get a longer IEM cable for the Sony IER-Z1R, and knowing Matt makes some of the best cables around with incredible prices, I grabbed one from the website.
All throughout we had decent communication as well and he was able to allay my concerns regarding some of the Sony cable nightmares.

When the cable arrived, I noticed that there was something slightly off on the right side, which I believe ocurred during shipping.
I plugged it in and as I feared, the right side was dead.
I immediately got in touch with Matt and he offered me a replacement instantly.

I have to say that I was pretty impatient, as I sent him quite a few mails, but he handled it incredibly professionally.
Now because I was planning on getting a balanced cable for the MDR-Z1R as well, it just so happened that he was able to package in the replacement IER one in with that other one and send both my way.

I'm currently sat here with both, and both are performing perfectly, as you would expect.

The IEM cable is really nice to look at as well with the sleeving, and the length is just perfect for my use case.

The MDR cable is just like my Utopia one, absolutely flawless.

So if you're worried about any potential hickups like the one I mentioned, you can be sure that you're gonna be taken care of.

That is very kind of you, many thanks :)

Last edited:
Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Aug 21, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #4,535 of 4,764
Does anyone know if the Claire RCA interconnects directional, or can they be plugged in in either direction?

Aug 21, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #4,536 of 4,764
Does anyone know if the Claire RCA interconnects directional, or can they be plugged in in either direction?
Either they're not directional or I just got lucky the way I plugged them in on the first try since they don't have any indicators for which direction is correct. But all of the cables that I got (Noir Hybrid HPC, Copper Series Twin USB, and Claire RCA Interconnects) sound, look, and feel incredible! Couldn't be happier and I can't wait to get them fully burnt in.

Aug 23, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #4,537 of 4,764
Review time!

I bought two Forza cables:

1. Noir Hybrid HPC, XLR > 3.5mm
2. Claire HPC Mk2, XLR > Mini XLR

The Noir is in the chain with a Holo May L2 > Holo Bliss KTE > Susvara, and the Claire is in the chain with a Holo May L2 > Decware ZMF OTL Reference > ZMF Atrium Closed.

I bought the Noir first for the Susvara. It's an extremely well-built cable, customer service was super fast. Cable sounds great. In fact, it sounds exactly like the stock Susvara cable -- but if you've seen the stock cable, it's absolutely awful from a tactile perspective. It's stiff, ugly, and frankly embarrassing build quality. So the Noir was a big upgrade. The only thing I don't like about the Noir is that it's heavy, bulky, and the splitter is *gigantic*, and based on where the splitter sits on the cable, it frequently gets caught under the lip of my desk, which results in a really unfortunate jerking on occasion as I move my head up or back.

Recently I bought a ZMF Atrium Closed. That stock cable is better than the Susvara, but it's short, and also not great from a tactile perspective. I went back to Forza for the build quality and service, but this time I got the Claire. I wanted something lighter, slimmer, and without the gigantic splitter that's been causing me trouble. I'm pleased to report that once again the Claire sounds exactly like the stock cable (I can plug both into my amp and switch the R and L around and no differences noted), but it's way better than the Stock cable or the Noir in terms of weight, feel, and the splitter is low-profile and no trouble.

I can't test the Claire against the Noir because they're for different headphones, but neither one changed the sound from the stock cable, so I think it's safe to say that any differences are likely sub-perceptual.

Verdict: Both are great cables, but the Claire is so much better from a tactile perspective (feel of the cable, weight, no splitter acting like a boat anchor for the bottom lip of my desk) that I may sell the Noir and just buy another Claire for the Susvara. And that would probably be true even if the Noir sounded a tiny bit better, which it doesn't (they're the same).

Your mileage may vary, but buy the Claire! Same sound, way more user friendly.

IMG-8168.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #4,538 of 4,764

They're not directional, so you may use them both ways :)

As for directional stuff, I'll have something to share very shortly!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 28, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #4,539 of 4,764
Review time!

I bought two Forza cables:

1. Noir Hybrid HPC, XLR > 3.5mm
2. Claire HPC Mk2, XLR > Mini XLR

The Noir is in the chain with a Holo May L2 > Holo Bliss KTE > Susvara, and the Claire is in the chain with a Holo May L2 > Decware ZMF OTL Reference > ZMF Atrium Closed.

I bought the Noir first for the Susvara. It's an extremely well-built cable, customer service was super fast. Cable sounds great. In fact, it sounds exactly like the stock Susvara cable -- but if you've seen the stock cable, it's absolutely awful from a tactile perspective. It's stiff, ugly, and frankly embarrassing build quality. So the Noir was a big upgrade. The only thing I don't like about the Noir is that it's heavy, bulky, and the splitter is *gigantic*, and based on where the splitter sits on the cable, it frequently gets caught under the lip of my desk, which results in a really unfortunate jerking on occasion as I move my head up or back.

Recently I bought a ZMF Atrium Closed. That stock cable is better than the Susvara, but it's short, and also not great from a tactile perspective. I went back to Forza for the build quality and service, but this time I got the Claire. I wanted something lighter, slimmer, and without the gigantic splitter that's been causing me trouble. I'm pleased to report that once again the Claire sounds exactly like the stock cable (I can plug both into my amp and switch the R and L around and no differences noted), but it's way better than the Stock cable or the Noir in terms of weight, feel, and the splitter is low-profile and no trouble.

I can't test the Claire against the Noir because they're for different headphones, but neither one changed the sound from the stock cable, so I think it's safe to say that any differences are likely sub-perceptual.

Verdict: Both are great cables, but the Claire is so much better from a tactile perspective (feel of the cable, weight, no splitter acting like a boat anchor for the bottom lip of my desk) that I may sell the Noir and just buy another Claire for the Susvara. And that would probably be true even if the Noir sounded a tiny bit better, which it doesn't (they're the same).

Your mileage may vary, but buy the Claire! Same sound, way more user friendly.

IMG-8168.jpg

Although quite a few people including myself consider Noir as an audibly better product, I appreciate all the feedback and thanks for yours too :)

May I share your shot on my FB wall please :) ?

Aug 28, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #4,540 of 4,764
Have been listening to my ZMF Verite with the Forza Noir Hybrid cable I recently received. (Thanks for the speedy shipping FAW!) I'm not sure if the cable will change much with burn-in, but my initial impressions after only a few hours are that the sound is a bit lighter on its feet with a touch more treble sparkle (than the ZMF Letric 4-strand copper cable I was using before) at the expense of some bass weight. Not sure which presentation I prefer! Might depend on music genre and tube roll. Will continue doing the research!

Is there any consensus about what burn-in does or does not do for the Noir Hybrid?

Aug 28, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #4,541 of 4,764
They're not directional, so you may use them both ways :)

As for directional stuff, I'll have something to share very shortly!
". . .something to share very shortly!"

I can't wait to see what it is!

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #4,542 of 4,764
Hi there,

I wanna get a Forza XLR for my Finals (Claire HPC Mk2), I wonder if you could help me in which headphone to choose in order to get the right plugs for my Final D8000 Pro

1693407503876.png

I searched but couldn't find, I remember it was over here!

Thank you so much

Aug 30, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #4,543 of 4,764
". . .something to share very shortly!"

I can't wait to see what it is!
Directional stuff?… A compass with a Forza logo … 🤣🤣🤣

Aug 30, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #4,544 of 4,764
Hi there,

I wanna get a Forza XLR for my Finals (Claire HPC Mk2), I wonder if you could help me in which headphone to choose in order to get the right plugs for my Final D8000 Pro

I searched but couldn't find, I remember it was over here!

Thank you so much
It's best to contact Matt directly; that way, you're assured of getting the extended 3.5mm plugs. No need for locking plugs as the ones on my Noir Hybrid were (no longer have the D8000) very secure. Just out of curiosity, why Claire and not Noir?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #4,545 of 4,764
It's best to contact Matt directly; that way, you're assured of getting the extended 3.5mm plugs. No need for locking plugs as the ones on my Noir Hybrid were (no longer have the D8000) very secure. Just out of curiosity, why Claire and not Noir?
Will do, thanks!

I want the cheapest one to have XLR as I always use original SE cable :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back