Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jul 25, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #2,941 of 4,764
Also, stop teasing us with your new cable products. Just release it already :L3000:

If it only was so simple :)

On the upside, I'm almost there. I have everything figured out the key component with its exterior. Some details to flesh out and a number of external suppliers to bother. Not a big deal, but some things are up to them as usual.

Good things come to those who wait. :) Here in Europe we have a different sense of time. We can wait two years like it's nothing.

So very true!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jul 26, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #2,942 of 4,764
Got my Noir Hybrid HPC cable. It's a beautifully made cable and sounds good. There are some members here that wanted me to compare it my Lavricables Grand. I'll start by saying that they are miles apart at this point. The Noir Hybrid HPC cable is a lot warmer sounding despite having a mixture of silver in it. It's full bodied with great bass and has a wonderful p.r.a.t. factor to it. I fully expect the silver to shine through at some point and add the detail, clarity silver is know for. I only have a couple of hours on it. As of right now the copper properties of the cable are dominant.

I initially tried the Noir Hybrid HPC cable on my LCD-4z's and it made them even warmer sounding. It thickened up and already lush midrange and lowered the treble energy. I then placed it on my LCD-X's and it fared must better. The LCD-X's is brighter sounding and the state that the Noir Hybrid HPC cable is in now it blends very well with it. The bass is impactful, the midrange sounds absolutely lush and full and treble clarity and detail is now spot on.

The Lavricables Grand is more transparent sounding and seems to enhance what's good about the headphone. For example, I have it on my HEKse's. What the Lavricables did for my HEKse's was make them more detailed and faster. The bass got more defined and more taunt with more energy in sub bass region. The detail retrieval and transparency levels took a step up. The midrange sounds more balanced. Vocals sound natural and guitars on rock and metal music have more edge and grunt to them now. I also don't hear the treble peakiness any longer. It sounds a lot smoother in the upper regions. Instrument placement and staging also improved.

I don't expect the Noir Hybrid to match the transparency levels of the Lavricables Grands, being that it is an 20 core all silver cable. I do expect the silver/copper mix to have a better blend of warmth, body and clarity once it burns in.

IMG_E0499.JPG

Jul 27, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #2,944 of 4,764
There is a green "a" on the right connector. :wink:
Or should be. ^^

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #2,945 of 4,764
Got my Noir Hybrid HPC cable. It's a beautifully made cable and sounds good. There are some members here that wanted me to compare it my Lavricables Grand. I'll start by saying that they are miles apart at this point. The Noir Hybrid HPC cable is a lot warmer sounding despite having a mixture of silver in it. It's full bodied with great bass and has a wonderful p.r.a.t. factor to it. I fully expect the silver to shine through at some point and add the detail, clarity silver is know for. I only have a couple of hours on it. As of right now the copper properties of the cable are dominant.

I initially tried the Noir Hybrid HPC cable on my LCD-4z's and it made them even warmer sounding. It thickened up and already lush midrange and lowered the treble energy. I then placed it on my LCD-X's and it fared must better. The LCD-X's is brighter sounding and the state that the Noir Hybrid HPC cable is in now it blends very well with it. The bass is impactful, the midrange sounds absolutely lush and full and treble clarity and detail is now spot on.

The Lavricables Grand is more transparent sounding and seems to enhance what's good about the headphone. For example, I have it on my HEKse's. What the Lavricables did for my HEKse's was make them more detailed and faster. The bass got more defined and more taunt with more energy in sub bass region. The detail retrieval and transparency levels took a step up. The midrange sounds more balanced. Vocals sound natural and guitars on rock and metal music have more edge and grunt to them now. I also don't hear the treble peakiness any longer. It sounds a lot smoother in the upper regions. Instrument placement and staging also improved.

I don't expect the Noir Hybrid to match the transparency levels of the Lavricables Grands, being that it is an 20 core all silver cable. I do expect the silver/copper mix to have a better blend of warmth, body and clarity once it burns in.

IMG_E0499.JPG
Thanks for the comparison, much appreciated. Cable looks good.
My Noir Hybrid are due to arrive tomorrow; can't wait :)

Jul 28, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #2,946 of 4,764
Thanks for the comparison, much appreciated. Cable looks good.
My Noir Hybrid are due to arrive tomorrow; can't wait :)
You're going to like it especially if you are pairing it with a brighter sounding headphone. The Noir Hybrid really balances out the sound while enhancing, slightly, the low end and midrange, and evening out the treble spikes.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #2,947 of 4,764
Hi Matt,

Received my Noir Hybrid HPC cable today, very nice quality and fast delivery ! :)
It is now connected to my Sony MDR-Z1R and sounds very nice!

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0149.JPG
    DSC_0149.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Jul 29, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #2,949 of 4,764
Just so I am clear, Green = Right, Black (non Green) = Left, Correct? Seems to work anyway :)
Usually, green = right, white/ non green = left. :)
20200107_190948.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #2,950 of 4,764

IMG_E0499.JPG

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Knowing how silver sounds like, I'd say it's a spot on. Also, I like what you did with your Hugo on that arm or whatever it is :)

Can I please use this photo and your impressions on my FB wall?

There is a green "a" on the right connector. :wink:

Yes!

Just so I am clear, Green = Right, Black (non Green) = Left, Correct? Seems to work anyway :)

Yup!

Hi Matt,

Received my Noir Hybrid HPC cable today, very nice quality and fast delivery ! :)
It is now connected to my Sony MDR-Z1R and sounds very nice!

Hiya,

Great to hear that you have it and yes, it looks nice among that Sony hardware. Can I please share your photo on my FB wall?

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jul 29, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #2,951 of 4,764
Today is a good day...... Noir Hybrid cable arrived :)
Really good looking cable. In comparison to the Focal stock cable it is instantly nicer to have some flexibility in the cable.
Sound wise, right out of the box, the sound is stunning. over the stock cable, there seems to be a little more oomph to the sound. I seem to have more lows or a deeper base, but not losing the mids or highs which are still clear and not lost.
Also microphonics have been all but eliminated.
So far really happy and looking forward to burning them in and letting the cables settle.
Fantastic cable, will be back again for more :)
Forza cable.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #2,953 of 4,764
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Knowing how silver sounds like, I'd say it's a spot on. Also, I like what you did with your Hugo on that arm or whatever it is :)

Can I please use this photo and your impressions on my FB wall?
You sure can!

Jul 29, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #2,954 of 4,764
Outstanding pairing, LCD-XC’s and Noir Hybrid HPC!

8AFDD738-A371-40D6-A6FB-D004E9CE7BA6.jpeg

Jul 31, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #2,955 of 4,764
I recently received my custom usb cable from Forza, a usb c to micro usb cable, with just enough length to comfortably connect my HiBy R5 dap to my Hugo 2 dac. I will say the shipping to the US from Poland is pretty steep, (about 30 dollars) but the cable itself was fairly priced. It sounds great, seems well made, and is exactly what I needed! I also have to give Matt props for the unboxing experience, it was pretty epic. It came in a very small box, and at first you think its going to be a barebones "pizza box" deal, but then... wood shavings, bro!

Attachments

• 57567567.png
    57567567.png
    734.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 54656566.png
    54656566.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 566565.png
    566565.png
    584 KB · Views: 0
  • 45435.png
    45435.png