Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jul 17, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #2,926 of 4,764
I sure will, thanks!

:beerchug:

How do the Forza cables (Noir Hybrid) compare to the Lavricables Master series. Similar priced.
This would be for some Focal Elegias with the source as either a AK SE100 or an iMac with Tidal Masters running through an wifi Zen Dac.
Thanks
Jon

That's a tough question. From what I can tell, Lavricables is into silver conductors, and by choice I never got to silver deeper than my copper/silver hybrid. So it's a matter of different design philosophies I imagine, not worse&better but rather system specific.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jul 17, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #2,927 of 4,764
Waiting on my Noir Hybrid cable to ship. I also have a Lavricables Grand that I can compare the Forza too once I get it

Jul 17, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #2,929 of 4,764
:beerchug:

That's a tough question. From what I can tell, Lavricables is into silver conductors, and by choice I never got to silver deeper than my copper/silver hybrid. So it's a matter of different design philosophies I imagine, not worse&better but rather system specific.
Just ordered a Noir Hybrid, so look forward to testing it out :)

Jul 18, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #2,930 of 4,764
Waiting on my Noir Hybrid cable to ship. I also have a Lavricables Grand that I can compare the Forza too once I get it

Please do and let us all know how it went :)

Just ordered a Noir Hybrid, so look forward to testing it out :)

Thank you! Once you have it in use for several weeks, please feel free to let me know your thoughts about it :)

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 18, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #2,931 of 4,764
Hi guys, me again. ^^
Own a Noir Hybrid for my Era-1 and been looking for a FAW cable for my Monitor 5.
While, imo, the freq response of the SEM5 is fairly even and, to my ears, quite neutral, while the Era-1 is more natural.

This leads me to the Noir HPC to add a little more "definition" to the lows. :L3000:
What're your thoughts about?

Thank you for joining and have a great day.
Chris

Jul 21, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #2,932 of 4,764
Just received Claire HPC Mk2 for my Fidelio X2HR. Beautiful cable, very well executed. Will certainly come back for more of those for other cans..

Attachments

• 13A5FFEE-7349-4BDE-B8F8-D394841A1706_1_201_a.jpeg
    13A5FFEE-7349-4BDE-B8F8-D394841A1706_1_201_a.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Jul 21, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #2,934 of 4,764
Can you let us know how the cable pans out for your AWKT? Curious to see it.
This one will be for my LCD-XC's. I've contacted Matt through the website to see if he has the A2DC connectors for the Audio-Technica's. I definitely think they could benefit from the mixture of silver and copper that the Noir Hybrid has. Then part of me is thinking that an all copper cable would be the better choice to add a bit more body to their sound. But I think I would lose the detail, clarity and openness of the AWKT's if I went with the Noir HPC Mk2. That's something I don't want to do.

Jul 22, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #2,935 of 4,764
This leads me to the Noir HPC to add a little more "definition" to the lows. :L3000:

By "definition" you mean roundness or control?

Just received Claire HPC Mk2 for my Fidelio X2HR. Beautiful cable, very well executed. Will certainly come back for more of those for other cans..

Thanks a lot and enjoy! If you'll need something else in the future, I'll be around!

Jul 22, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #2,936 of 4,764
Ordered a 6.3mm to 4 pin XLR adapter Noir Hybrid 4 days ago but havent received any updates yet? Apart from this forum, has anyone heard from Matt recently?

Jul 22, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #2,937 of 4,764
By "definition" you mean roundness or control?
More roundness, if you'd called it that way. 😊

The control on the SEM5 is top notch, imo.

Thanks for asking.
Will be more specific next time. :beerchug:

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #2,938 of 4,764
Ordered a 6.3mm to 4 pin XLR adapter Noir Hybrid 4 days ago but havent received any updates yet? Apart from this forum, has anyone heard from Matt recently?

Hi @shafat777

I've sent you a mail two days ago. Can you please check? Parhaps it landed in your spam folder?

More roundness, if you'd called it that way. 😊

The control on the SEM5 is top notch, imo.

Thanks for asking.

Copper is in general rounder and a bit meatier. If these are qualities you might be interested in, then copper is the way to go.

Will be more specific next time. :beerchug:

It's all OK :beerchug:

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #2,939 of 4,764
I got it @Matez Thanks man. Looking forward to it.

Also, stop teasing us with your new cable products. Just release it already :L3000:

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #2,940 of 4,764
I got it @Matez Thanks man. Looking forward to it.

Also, stop teasing us with your new cable products. Just release it already :L3000:

Good things come to those who wait. :) Here in Europe we have a different sense of time. We can wait two years like it's nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back