Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
May 28, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #2,866 of 4,778
The Hybrid HPC cables have arrived for my Audio Technica ATH MSR7b. Excellent quality construction with improvements in bass clarity, reduced treble splashiness and more air around the musicians. It sounds like going from single ended to balanced connection using the standard AT cables although I am still using single ended on my home/office amp. Oh and zero cable microphonics!!!

Another winner.

May 28, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #2,867 of 4,778
Just received my two Forza Audioworks cables:
Claire HPC Mk2 and
Copper Series Twin USB Mk2

All I can say is: WOW! Quality cables.

Not sure whether it is the actual cables or my new JDS stack (Atom+OL DAC), but I am so thrilled with the sound coming out of my HD650s. The cables are really nicely made, excellent quality, nothing whatsoever to complain about.
Most notable is the excellent separation, increased width and depth and control at both ends, treble is surprisingly pure, detailed and non-fatiguing in addition to excellent midrange reproduction.

I came from the Chord Mojo with standard cables.
This is amazing!

May 29, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #2,868 of 4,778
The Hybrid HPC cables have arrived for my Audio Technica ATH MSR7b. Excellent quality construction with improvements in bass clarity, reduced treble splashiness and more air around the musicians. It sounds like going from single ended to balanced connection using the standard AT cables although I am still using single ended on my home/office amp. Oh and zero cable microphonics!!!

Another winner.

Just received my two Forza Audioworks cables:
Claire HPC Mk2 and
Copper Series Twin USB Mk2

All I can say is: WOW! Quality cables.

Not sure whether it is the actual cables or my new JDS stack (Atom+OL DAC), but I am so thrilled with the sound coming out of my HD650s. The cables are really nicely made, excellent quality, nothing whatsoever to complain about.
Most notable is the excellent separation, increased width and depth and control at both ends, treble is surprisingly pure, detailed and non-fatiguing in addition to excellent midrange reproduction.

I came from the Chord Mojo with standard cables.
This is amazing!

Guys, thanks a lot!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
May 30, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #2,869 of 4,778
Received my FAW Noir Hybrids*. What a great unwrapping party! Connected to my Utopias. Now listening - so far really a strp up from the supplied one. More to follow!

*: in detail: Noir Hybrid HPC - Cable : Octa hybrid semi-Litz UPOCC Cryo 7N wire (4x2 geometry), Headphones : Focal Utopia, Length : 3 m, Plug : Neutrik 4-pin XLR balanced

Attachments

• 9962528F-8CA2-4B09-9B28-BFE04D74A794.jpeg
    9962528F-8CA2-4B09-9B28-BFE04D74A794.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • CAD881C7-22D4-4EB4-B0B5-2A31BDAE7426.jpeg
    CAD881C7-22D4-4EB4-B0B5-2A31BDAE7426.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • B238FDBC-420B-4D67-8932-221BCD25E678.jpeg
    B238FDBC-420B-4D67-8932-221BCD25E678.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 1069A7B2-2B5D-4C26-807C-C1F6803DF98C.jpeg
    1069A7B2-2B5D-4C26-807C-C1F6803DF98C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
May 30, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #2,870 of 4,778
Received my FAW Noir Hybrids*. What a great unwrapping party! Connected to my Utopias. Now listening - so far really a strp up from the supplied one. More to follow!

*: in detail: Noir Hybrid HPC - Cable : Octa hybrid semi-Litz UPOCC Cryo 7N wire (4x2 geometry), Headphones : Focal Utopia, Length : 3 m, Plug : Neutrik 4-pin XLR balanced

Fantastic, enjoy and thank you! Can I please share your post on my FB?

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 30, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #2,871 of 4,778
May 31, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #2,872 of 4,778
Hi!
I just wanted to share my impressions of the Noir HPC MK2 Cable for my Denon 9200. I have listened to this cable for a few days now while switching between it and the stock silver plated copper cable and can clearly say, that it made the headphone less "peaky" in the trebles + more full-bodied in its lows and therfore more musical sounding (to my taste). Build quality is top notch, it is much more flexible and pleasent feeling then the stock cable + it looks just awesome. Highly recommended!
IMG_1521.JPEG

May 31, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #2,873 of 4,778
Matt is there any news on the new stuff you were checking out? You think it will lead to an announcement any time soon?

I'll be ordering a new cIEM soon and depending on when I can get the moulds done they will be taking 2-3 months according to 64Audio. Just wondering if I should expect something new to be ready by then.

May 31, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #2,874 of 4,778
I would recommend Hybrid for pretty much everything that isn't very thin sounding, brittle and sharp, so most likely your cans too. Is there anything in particular you'd like to change in how your Denons sound like?
I see though that in the HiFi Knights Susvara/5 amps test you guys used the HPC Mk2 rather than the Hybrid. but from what you're saying here it seems the Hybrid would be better for them.

May 31, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #2,875 of 4,778
I just wanted to share my impressions of the Noir HPC MK2 Cable for my Denon 9200. I have listened to this cable for a few days now while switching between it and the stock silver plated copper cable and can clearly say, that it made the headphone less "peaky" in the trebles + more full-bodied in its lows and therfore more musical sounding (to my taste). Build quality is top notch, it is much more flexible and pleasent feeling then the stock cable + it looks just awesome. Highly recommended!

Very nice. I'm tempted to order a Noir Hybrid HPC for my LCD-3f and Verite. At the moment I've a Noir HPC Mk2 for my HD800 and a Claire Hybrid HPC for the Verite and Audeze.

Jun 2, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #2,876 of 4,778
I've had the Noir HPC Mk2 cable for a week with both my VO and VC and I am impressed. Its amazingly well made, feels great to touch, and functions perfectly. It shipped within a couple days and got to me in the states in record time! Thanks so much to Forza Audio Works for making quality cables with great value!

Jun 3, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #2,877 of 4,778

Thanks, just went online!

Hi!
I just wanted to share my impressions of the Noir HPC MK2 Cable for my Denon 9200. I have listened to this cable for a few days now while switching between it and the stock silver plated copper cable and can clearly say, that it made the headphone less "peaky" in the trebles + more full-bodied in its lows and therfore more musical sounding (to my taste). Build quality is top notch, it is much more flexible and pleasent feeling then the stock cable + it looks just awesome. Highly recommended!IMG_1521.JPEG

Ulala, tht's one sick clean combo. It's been a while since I saw those Denons.

Matt is there any news on the new stuff you were checking out? You think it will lead to an announcement any time soon?

I'm far closer than I was say three weeks ago. I had an Eureka moment, some samples based on it were delivered several days ago and the result is beyond impressive. From there we're not too far off, but I don't have exact ETA just yet. It should take me some two months or so. Might be sooner, might be later, can't say at this point.

I see though that in the HiFi Knights Susvara/5 amps test you guys used the HPC Mk2 rather than the Hybrid. but from what you're saying here it seems the Hybrid would be better for them.

I was only a bystander. Dawid did all the reviewing and he used what he had available from what I know. You'd have to ask him directly which cable he fancied more.

I'm tempted to order a Noir Hybrid HPC for my LCD-3f and Verite.

:beerchug:

I've had the Noir HPC Mk2 cable for a week with both my VO and VC and I am impressed. Its amazingly well made, feels great to touch, and functions perfectly. It shipped within a couple days and got to me in the states in record time! Thanks so much to Forza Audio Works for making quality cables with great value!

Sure, my pleasure. Thanks!

Jun 5, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #2,879 of 4,778
As long as the price isn't too steep, it's available for IEMs and it's aesthetically pleasing you can already plan for an order eventually 😉

I strongly believe that my prices aren't crazy. If a day comes that I'll have to increase them, there's going to be a logical explanation why this happened.

Can I share your post on my FB please? That pic really says it all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back