Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 11, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #2,792 of 4,778
They fit the Meze Empyrean as well. I think that Hifiman are either 2.5mm or 3.5mm though depending on the specific model.

Apr 11, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #2,794 of 4,778
Ok, thanks.
Any serious impressions on the LCD-4 vs Empyrean? I’m afraid.there was a lot of hype on the latter
Isn't it with every high-end headphone? :L3000:

Apr 11, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #2,795 of 4,778
Any serious impressions on the LCD-4 vs Empyrean? I’m afraid.there was a lot of hype on the latter

There's a lot of hype around any pricey headphone model :ksc75smile:

To me Susvara I own is a fair bit better than quite similar Empyrean, so of the two you listed I'd most likely go with Audeze, just to have something different than Susvara.

But without Susvara nearby I could go with Empyreans.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Apr 11, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #2,796 of 4,778
There's a lot of hype around any pricey headphone model :ksc75smile:

To me Susvara I own is a fair bit better than quite similar Empyrean, so of the two you listed I'd most likely go with Audeze, just to have something different than Susvara.

But without Susvara nearby I could go with Empyreans.

Mmmh. My problem with HiFiMan is I read a lot about defects and quality issues ...

Apr 11, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #2,798 of 4,778
I had new cables from FAW arrive two weeks ago for my HE1000 SE and my son’s Focal Elegia’s.

I have had several cables from FAW over the years and the quality of sound and build has always been excellent... it’s why I am a repeat customer.

I knew what to expect from my new cable but it was really great when my son tried his and immediately heard the improvement in sound quality.

Well worth the short wait and delivered despite the global lockdown.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #2,800 of 4,778
I received my Noir Hybrid cable for my Ether Flow 1.1 2 weeks ago. I played music through it for 100 hours before listening formally. I must say I am very very impressed. Needless to say, it is much better than the stock cable, and by a wide margin. I have another cable made by a well known manufacturer costing a fair bit more, but I have a hard time deciding which one I actually prefer. Both are equally well made, musical, transparent and have beautiful tonal textures. However, given the Noir Hybrid's high performance / price ratio, I think it is unbeatable. Bravo, Matt!

Please stay well, everyone....and enjoy your music!

Apr 12, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #2,802 of 4,778
Hi all, does anyone know if Matt is taking orders from overseas ?, in my case UK, if so I'm very interested in the Noir hybrid hpc for my Beyer T1's.

Yes, people from the U.S. order from FAW. And in any case, geographically you may be "over seas", but for trade purposes the UK is still in the common market at the moment under transition rules. Order away, as if you were in Germany. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back