Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 13, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #1,863 of 4,780
Just picked up the package with my new leashes this evening. One of them a balanced cable for my HD600 and the Sony ZX300, the other one a nice braided new cable for my LCD-2. The build quality is top notch soundwise I am testing them right now, the HD600 on the balanced output is just ........ nice :)

Mar 14, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #1,864 of 4,780
More than a month now and still waiting. Everytime I ask, the same reply " Your cable will be ready soon and shipped shortly after" .. Why indicate on website that cable is in stock and ready to ship in 6 days if it's going to take 6 weeks ..

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #1,867 of 4,780
I rarely wax lyrical about any cables … normally, I spend modest amounts on them, so long as they do the job as per spec …my previous purchase of a Forza cable was to help lift the sound of Sennheiser’s HD650 using a balanced cable … and it succeeded. I found that any so-called veil had gone. Its quite remarkable how good these almost ‘antique’ headphones can sound, given a bit more power.

Just recently I decided to give the balanced treatment to a pair of MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open headphones by purchasing the Forza AudioWorks Noir HPC Mk2 with XLR connector to my Schiit Mjolnir 2.

After some initial settling down, the end result is more impressive than I was expecting. Many will say that the simple effect of more power through a balanced connection will provide immediate impressive impact. True. At the same time, I also purchased the Forza Noir Extender .. a 0.5m length of cable, with battle-tank levels of construction … made from Forza’s TOTL cabling and with Neutrik XLR & Furutech 6.3mm connectors. This idea of using a ‘pigtail’ so I could use the balanced cable on SE amplifiers actually came to me from Mr Dan Clarke of MrSpeakers (thank-you). This converts the single-ended output from my Schiit Lyr2 through the XLR connector of the balanced cable. The results were equally impressive over the stock MrSpeakers SE cable.

In both cases (LYR 2 and MJ2), it was the quality of the soundstage that benefitted the most to my ears … it is remarkably lifelike, with improved, enticing instrument layering, providing greater clarity overall and clearly revealing the subtle textures of the instruments. The MJ2, maybe obviously, is the winner here … the grip on the presentation through the balanced cable is something else … ethereal is maybe the right word.

I listen mostly to Jazz ensemble … for a single example - Django Bates - The Study of Touch … on the first track, the low frequency piano notes ring truly deep and clear with excellent notes decay. The double-bass sounds like … a double bass should.

The presentation is effortless & relaxing and wonderfully engrossing… no edginess, no fatigue (on my setup).

OK, the FAW Noir HPC is not cheap, but, personally, I’m impressed. I’d also add … I think the MrSpeakers AFO’s are an amazing pair of headphones in a sympathetic setup.

Mar 21, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #1,868 of 4,780
I rarely wax lyrical about any cables … normally, I spend modest amounts on them, so long as they do the job as per spec …my previous purchase of a Forza cable was to help lift the sound of Sennheiser’s HD650 using a balanced cable … and it succeeded. I found that any so-called veil had gone. Its quite remarkable how good these almost ‘antique’ headphones can sound, given a bit more power.

Just recently I decided to give the balanced treatment to a pair of MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open headphones by purchasing the Forza AudioWorks Noir HPC Mk2 with XLR connector to my Schiit Mjolnir 2.

After some initial settling down, the end result is more impressive than I was expecting. Many will say that the simple effect of more power through a balanced connection will provide immediate impressive impact. True. At the same time, I also purchased the Forza Noir Extender .. a 0.5m length of cable, with battle-tank levels of construction … made from Forza’s TOTL cabling and with Neutrik XLR & Furutech 6.3mm connectors. This idea of using a ‘pigtail’ so I could use the balanced cable on SE amplifiers actually came to me from Mr Dan Clarke of MrSpeakers (thank-you). This converts the single-ended output from my Schiit Lyr2 through the XLR connector of the balanced cable. The results were equally impressive over the stock MrSpeakers SE cable.

In both cases (LYR 2 and MJ2), it was the quality of the soundstage that benefitted the most to my ears … it is remarkably lifelike, with improved, enticing instrument layering, providing greater clarity overall and clearly revealing the subtle textures of the instruments. The MJ2, maybe obviously, is the winner here … the grip on the presentation through the balanced cable is something else … ethereal is maybe the right word.

I listen mostly to Jazz ensemble … for a single example - Django Bates - The Study of Touch … on the first track, the low frequency piano notes ring truly deep and clear with excellent notes decay. The double-bass sounds like … a double bass should.

The presentation is effortless & relaxing and wonderfully engrossing… no edginess, no fatigue (on my setup).

OK, the FAW Noir HPC is not cheap, but, personally, I’m impressed. I’d also add … I think the MrSpeakers AFO’s are an amazing pair of headphones in a sympathetic setup.

This goes to our FB page. Thanks!:L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000:

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Mar 21, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #1,869 of 4,780
This goes to our FB page. Thanks!:L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000::L3000:

A lot of praize but certainly deserved IMO.
I'd like to add one thing though: "not cheap", no they are not but have you checked prices of most other custom cables? With the build- and sound quality FAW delviers we're getting a really sweet deal here.

By the way Matt, could you look into that mail for the 8 cables I (Pascal) sent you? I'd really love to get the ball rolling. :)
Since some of them can't be made in the color series I'd opt for a higher series with sleeving added as I wrote in the mail.
The Noir Hybrids stay the same of course.

Mar 21, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #1,870 of 4,780
A lot of praize but certainly deserved IMO.
I'd like to add one thing though: "not cheap", no they are not but have you checked prices of most other custom cables? With the build- and sound quality FAW delviers we're getting a really sweet deal here.

Completely agree !

Mar 29, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #1,871 of 4,780
I am interested in the FAW Noir Mk2 for my HD800. Can anyone tell me how it sounds in comparison to the stock HD800 cable? Love that thick braided look.

Mar 29, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #1,872 of 4,780
I don't own HD800 ... but I have replaced the stock cables on HD650 and MrSpeakers Aeon Flow open and in both instances I noted an audible improvement in overall articulation, and particularly soundstage, over their stock cables. On the AFO, I have listened to both Single-ended and balanced with FAW Noir and both were notably better... see my impressions on this from some days ago on the Forza Impressions thread.

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #1,873 of 4,780
Hello,
Could someone please shed some light on my doubts?

Does someone have an interconnect analogue cable, terminated with ICL connector (angled connector)? FAW Claire/Copper ICL.
If so, does its angled form impair/hinder in anyway the stacking of a portable amp with a DAP?
I'm thinking of Shanling M32 + iBasso PB3.

every help and advice appreciated :)

Thanks

Apr 4, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #1,875 of 4,780
a4725bd7-8771-4011-b627-ce683d2b4df8
Vs7MCIf.jpg

Here the Claire HPC Mk2 for the Utopia.

I have to say this is a must have if you own the Utopia. It's one of the lightest cables I ever had and so it's much better than the stock cable. The Utopia feels so much more comfortable to wear.
The build quality is very good and on the same level of the cables of Plussound. I chose a pure copper one because in my experience silver makes the sound brighter which I don't need with the Utopia.
Delivery took 20 days to Germany which is not Forza's fault but the delivery company shipped it to the customs office where it was stuck for 10 days.

I like the sound of these more than the stock cable, especially the bass is tighter.
It has no microphonics whatsoever and it looks super well made.
Unlike a cable I got from Lavricables this has no spring to it which I found very annoying on the Lavricable one.

The design is nice too and I prefer the ViaBlue Plug more than the one of Furutec. If anything I'd like to see different splitter options. While the one that is on it by default is not too bad, I like the ones of Plussound and Toxic Cables much more because they look nicer.
I'd give it 4,5 stars from 5 stars. If there would be different splitters to choose from I'd give it 5 stars. The value you get for Forza's cables is unmatched I think. I really didn't expect such a nice cable for it's cheap price but this cable is as good as it can be.
If I ever need another cable I'd buy one from Forza again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back