Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 20, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #1,111 of 4,764
  do you have other cables from this company? you can make a comparison?

I own a Noir Hybrid for my LCD-2 and Noir for my Oppo PM-3. The Noir lightened and tightened the bass of the LCD-2 just a bit, and it sounds overall more clear. The Noir feels like it added a bit of clarity to the PM-3. Other than that, they just look gorgeous and are very, very durable.

The Claire and Color series I have not owned, but they are just a little less robust as they don't have the thickness of the Noir cables nor the para cord sleeving that makes them so indestructable. All of the reviews from the Claire and Color have been great and everyone says they are extremely sturdy as well.

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:13 AM Post #1,114 of 4,764
I will tell you about my impressions of my new Forza Noir Hybrid cable to AKG K812. The listening scene is broader. Listening to acoustic instruments is very realistic and you can hear all details in the whole tonal register. You have a rapid and deep bass, and the treble is very clean. I mostly listen to jazz and classical music. If you have music in a high class recording and listen now you can hear the difference from the standard cable easy.
I listen through Schiit LYR 2 headamp and TEAC UD-503 DAC.

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #1,115 of 4,764
As i promised i would, comments about my FAW Noir HPC Mk2

The Sound:
Pretty much what i've read is true, the bass on my HD700 is way more pronounced and deeper, basically everything under 150Hz seems to have got a little lift.
If anything the treble and the high's got more evened out, they're not sticking out as much as they used to. 
On the stock cable, the Highs/Mids mostly were louder and made the Bass even less noticable.

Shipping & Delivery(to Belgium):
So i ordered my cable on the 7th of April and got a notification with a tracking code of it being shipped on the 22th of April.
I'm not a frequent buyer of custom made items but in my book this is definitely not slow since it sums up to about 11 work days.
Received the package today on the 26th of April, although the Polish Post tracker says 'package sent from Poland 2016-04-23', might not track beyond?

That means 13 total work days from order to finish, which is impressive!

Conclusion:
I'm definitely satisfied with the sound & build quality of my Forza Audioworks Noir HPC Mk2, not to mention Matthew's extended help and recommendations via email.
If i need another cable in the future, i know where to go.

Cheers,
SnakeByte

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #1,116 of 4,764
  As i promised i would, comments about my FAW Noir HPC Mk2

The Sound:
Pretty much what i've read is true, the bass on my HD700 is way more pronounced and deeper, basically everything under 150Hz seems to have got a little lift.
If anything the treble and the high's got more evened out, they're not sticking out as much as they used to. 
On the stock cable, the Highs/Mids mostly were louder and made the Bass even less noticable.

Shipping & Delivery(to Belgium):
So i ordered my cable on the 7th of April and got a notification with a tracking code of it being shipped on the 22th of April.
I'm not a frequent buyer of custom made items but in my book this is definitely not slow since it sums up to about 11 work days.
Received the package today on the 26th of April, although the Polish Post tracker says 'package sent from Poland 2016-04-23', might not track beyond?

That means 13 total work days from order to finish, which is impressive!

Conclusion:
I'm definitely satisfied with the sound & build quality of my Forza Audioworks Noir HPC Mk2, not to mention Matthew's extended help and recommendations via email.
If i need another cable in the future, i know where to go.

Great review, thanks for that. I agree with your impressions of the cable on my LCD-2. Amazing how great that cable is.

On the Polish tracker, they do indeed stop sending updates once the package leaves Poland.

Lastly, isn't that Furutech connector amazingly heavy? I couldn't believe it when I took that thing out of the package. That connector is probably more than half the weight of the cable! Incredibly well made.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #1,117 of 4,764

Great review, thanks for that. I agree with your impressions of the cable on my LCD-2. Amazing how great that cable is.

On the Polish tracker, they do indeed stop sending updates once the package leaves Poland.

Lastly, isn't that Furutech connector amazingly heavy? I couldn't believe it when I took that thing out of the package. That connector is probably more than half the weight of the cable! Incredibly well made.

Thanks and yes indeed, the Furutech jack is easily twice the weight of the FAW CNC splitter at the top lol, the cable itself is super lightweight in comparison. 

Apr 26, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #1,119 of 4,764
  I wouldn't be surprised if the Furutech itself was almost the same weight as the rest of cable. Somebody broke in to your apartment ? No problem... just grab the cable and take care of the burglar :wink:

It's true, it would make quite a nice flail!

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #1,121 of 4,764
[/IMG]
New cables arrived after the post lost the package.. Matt was very quick to make new ones and shipped it to me.. Big thanks to Matt. :)

Apr 27, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #1,125 of 4,764
Has anyone from the US sent there cable back to get reterminated from 3.5 to 2.5 balanced? If so how much and what is the turn around time?

Matt if your reading these you can definitely answer as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back