Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 25, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #1,066 of 4,764

From what I understand: Hybrids = slightly tighter bass + more extended and fuller highs; Copper = fuller bass + slightly mellower and/or fuller mids and slightly subdued highs. I chose the copper since the AKG K712's sound is bright already.

Thanks so much, the copper will be the better choice for me as well then seeing as I'd want some fuller bass and highs are already plentiful on the headphones I own! Appreciate your help.

Mar 25, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #1,067 of 4,764

Thanks so much, the copper will be the better choice for me as well then seeing as I'd want some fuller bass and highs are already plentiful on the headphones I own! Appreciate your help.

theveterans is right and you are making the right choice. I have a Hybrid cable for my LCD-2 and it did indeed lighten and tighten the bass up as well as make the highs a bit more clear. You should be very happy with the copper cable, I just ordered one for my Oppo PM-3 as it doesn't need tighter bass.

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #1,068 of 4,764
I've emailed FAW through their website about a week ago to see if they can make a custom USB cable for me but no reply. Is there a direct email address I can use? Thanks in advance!

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #1,069 of 4,764
I've emailed FAW through their website about a week ago to see if they can make a custom USB cable for me but no reply. Is there a direct email address I can use? Thanks in advance!

You might want to check your spam folder. I had a problem with Matt's emails getting put in the spam folder for no good reason, and I know others have as well.

Mar 25, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #1,070 of 4,764
You might want to check your spam folder. I had a problem with Matt's emails getting put in the spam folder for no good reason, and I know others have as well.

Thanks, couldn't find anything there so I emailed again. I do get the confirmation that the email was sent, FWIW.

Mar 27, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #1,072 of 4,764
Ref post #1003

So on the Thursday just gone before the Easter weekend i found a package waiting for me: it was the replacement Hybrid Series IEM cable!

Full gallery on my Flickr. Old Hybrid Series IEM cable = mmcx connectors. New Hybrid Series IEM cable = 2-pin connectors. I added photos of the new cable to the existing album already containing photos of the old cable. Note that new cable photos taken under significantly better lighting!
redface.gif

It is unclear what internal changes have occurred in the latest version (and the website is silent on the updates). Externally to my eyes and feel the build quality of the latest version Hybrid Series IEM cable has been kicked up a notch. The soldering is improved. The finish around the plug and connectors better. The plug is now smartphone case friendly. Everything looks and feels more substantial. The 2-pin connectors are quite a tight fit, noticeably more so than the stock manufacturer cable, although i was able to remove the cable for the purposes of photos. There are horror stories about snapped pins with the 2-pin connectors so i will be ultra careful!!

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #1,073 of 4,764

theveterans is right and you are making the right choice. I have a Hybrid cable for my LCD-2 and it did indeed lighten and tighten the bass up as well as make the highs a bit more clear. You should be very happy with the copper cable, I just ordered one for my Oppo PM-3 as it doesn't need tighter bass.

Sludgeogre and theveterans is correct. Hybrid has silver. That's what silver does regardless of manufacturer.

Mar 30, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #1,075 of 4,764
Hi Rocco!
To me the bass now has a bit more volume and sounds a tiny bit cleaner. But as you know, this might also be a bit of a placebo effect :wink:
The quality is absolutely fantastic! You should go for it!

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #1,078 of 4,764
Noir HPC hybrid is giving my HD 650 a new lease of life replacing both stock and Cardas cables. Had not been using the 650 for some time, preferring IEM but this has changed. Second purchase and no complaints.

AK320 > Hugo > HD650

Variety of sources > NAC 552 > Headline > HD 650

Apr 3, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #1,079 of 4,764
Guys, do you have any idea if the cable warranty is transferrable?

I've just bought the Noire hybrid cable for the alpha prime from my friend. But the right connecter have some issue. The sound is intermittent. It's sometimes dead when i'm moving around a bit.

I tried to find some local guys to repair it ( I'm in Bangkok :) ) as I think it's not difficult to repair but none of them has the spare the AP connecter :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back