Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 11, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #1,037 of 4,778
Hi Matez.

Lovely looking cables!

I'm after one of your Hybrid cables for my Etymotic ER-4, with 100 Ohm resistance. I sent an email but haven't had a reply. Do you build Etymotic cables? I'd be wanting a 90° connector so I can wear the cable over my ear.

If you can do that, I'll buy one of your mini-USB OTG cables too... :wink:

Cheers.

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #1,039 of 4,778
  The Copper Series HPC MK2 page is broken for me as well.

Is the Forza website broken?  When  I try to get to the Copper Series HPC Mk2 page (http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=79), I just get a blank page.  Seems to be working ok for the other product pages.

It's been like that for a while. It was supposed to be fixed by Saturday that passed. Seems there's more to it though.

the web is still down on my side :'(

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #1,040 of 4,778
I bought an iem hybrid cable to use with my Noble K10's and straight away the sound is great with this cable. I like the way the cable hooks over your ears because of the design. I have always found Matt an easy and professional guy to deal with and will definitely buy from him again.

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #1,041 of 4,778
I received my Claire Hybrid cable for my Audeze LCD-2s today, and am extremely impressed! The lows are further extended, and the highs are even more lovely. The greatness doesn't stop there, the dynamics have also vastly improved, as the FAW website states. I couldn't be any happier, the cable sonically took my LCD-2s exactly to the place I wanted them at. Not to mention they cables are absolutely gorgeous, great job Matthew! I will definitely purchase from FAW again!!!

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #1,044 of 4,778
I'm quite surprised on the shipping speed if matt's country, 4 days and it has reached malaysian shores, that's fast for a non premium delivery service

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #1,045 of 4,778
I just received my short headphone cable to use with my ifi Audio rack of iCAN SE, iDSD and iUSB. I had previously obtained a USB adapter plug for the Gemini cable into the iUSB and short RCA phono leads between iCAN SE and iDSD. I had replaced my Sennheiser HD700s with HD800s which had previously been my headphone of choice in my main system. The 3 metre long cable was just a pain using it with the desktop ifi system so a short (1.25m) cable in HPC copper was ordered.

I would like to say it is a night and day transformation.......but that wouldn't be true. Can I hear more air around musicians, or better instrument separation.....I'm just not sure.

The Forza USB adapter is a joyful thing as it clicks into place and feels solid with a solid connection and no "wiggle" as I had before with the plasticky adapter which ifi Audio provide. The RCA phono cables are likewise nicely made and fit positively and look as though they were absolutely made for this specific job. The headphone cable is Forza's cheapest and yet I cannot reliably tell it apart from Sennheisers own much bulkier and much more expensive cable, so that's a win for sure. My only problem is that I am now thinking if this is how good the least expensive cable is, then what about the even better versions????

So if I cannot quite detect a major improvement why am I bothering to send this note? Well the 3 Forza products together are definitely doing something.......Why?

I have not felt the need to fire up my main (stupidly expensive) system (which is valve, vinyl and CD based) and listen to it for fun or leisure and have just been listening to the little ifi system and that's never happened before for such a period of time.......so something is going on and I like it dammit!

The Forza cables and adapters are really nicely made and really good value (the HD800 cable was only €95) so I recommend them strongly. Ok? Got to go now more music to listen to........ 

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #1,046 of 4,778
  <snip>

My only problem is that I am now thinking if this is how good the least expensive cable is, then what about the even better versions????

<snip> 

Go on... you know you need that Noir Mk2.... 
L3000.gif

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #1,047 of 4,778

My only problem is that I am now thinking if this is how good the least expensive cable is, then what about the even better versions????

Go on... you know you need that Noir Mk2.... :L3000:
Ha ha thanks for caring but I want to save up for an Auralic Aries mini so I can stop using my terrible laptop for Tidal streaming.

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #1,049 of 4,778

Meaning you have bought and are using the Noir Mk2?
Can you tell me anything about the flexibility of the cable itself?  

The stock cable of my HD700's is just so annoying and working against me tbh.

The Noir and Noir Hybrid cables are extremely flexible, you can roll them up into a little ball. They're way more light weight and flexible than you would think. I looooove my Noir Hybrid and I just ordered a Noir HPC for my Oppo PM-3.

Mar 21, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #1,050 of 4,778
Does anyone have the Claire HPC Mk2 (not Hybrid) and the Noir Mk2 Copper Only (not Hybrid) to compare? I have the Claire and I love it. Just wondering if I should get the Noir or Claire for my next cable?

Also can anyone compare the Copper Series Extended Bass with the Claire HPC?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back