Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 25, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #256 of 4,764
Have been using my FAW Hybrid Series cable with my FitEar TG!334s and all I can say is WOW! This is my second cable from FAW, the first being a cable for my Sennheiser HD25s, and the quality I remember from the first is improved upon with the second. Great job, Matthew!

Apr 4, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #257 of 4,764
Hi,
I received my first FAW cable today and I must say I'm pretty impressed, this is a lot of value for money!!

I ordered a FAW Color Series HPC to replace the stock cable on my HE-400 in the office.

Cable looks, feels and sounds good!!!

Next step: FAW Claire XLR interconnects to link my Mjolnir and Gungnir together
biggrin.gif

Highly recommended in my book!!!!

Apr 6, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #258 of 4,764
Have been using my FAW Hybrid Series cable with my FitEar TG!334s and all I can say is WOW! This is my second cable from FAW, the first being a cable for my Sennheiser HD25s, and the quality I remember from the first is improved upon with the second. Great job, Matthew!

I have the Hybrid Series cable on order for my Shure SE846. Very much looking forward to receiving it. I bought it mainly because I'm shallow and I like the look of the FORZA gear. Also the memory wire of the stock Shure cable does my head in.

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #259 of 4,764
I order my cable from Forza for my SURE SE
I love it 
The build quality is great
The sound is great
The price is great
The communication with Matthew was great
I will surely order more from him
Dan 

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #260 of 4,764
yay my item is finally shipped. sooner than expected. can't wait for my usb cable

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #261 of 4,764

F​

FAW Noir MK2 new improved cable under way for my lcd-2's. Now the waiting begins...loong days ahead...

When i get the cable i will post some pictures.

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #262 of 4,764
Just got my "Copper Series Android LOD Mk2" which is a Micro to Mini USB OTG cable.

In terms of build quality. Just, wow. I'm not worried in the slightest about it coming apart in less than a year or two, and I am far from the most gentle of electronics users. It's very flexible, yet thick and tough. The cable sleeve is nice and soft, yet tough feeling, I don't think it'll start tearing or ripping anytime soon. You can tell a lot of thought and care went into the design and build.

I can't really say much for the sound. For a few reasons. The first being that this is the first time I've been able to use the E07k DAC function with my phone and player. Nor am I even sure that USB cables affect SQ, if they do, well, the rest of my setup isn't quite high quality enough for me to be able to tell.

A cursory scan of the Forza site reveals you can only buy the original Android LOD at the moment. Don't know how long that'll take to resolve. When I ordered mine I got an email sent from Forza (now I don't know if it was Matthew or automated for anyone that purchased the mk1) telling me that there was an updated and improved cable available (the mk2), and asking if I'd like to pay for the upgrade it. I wanted to, and Matt himself responded promptly and answered my questions. The cable took a little under 2 weeks to get here from Poland with the cheapest shipping option.

Apr 12, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #263 of 4,764
I just ordered a 1.25m HD650 "Color" cable with 6.3mm Neutrik plug. I also bought a 3m extension "Color" cable with 6.3mm Neutrik plug & socket. I ordered them in blue (not sure what kind of blue).

I'm not sure they'll be a sonic upgrade to my stock HD650 cable but they should look better. If it goes well I've got a few other cans to do. I'm also wanting an OTG USB cable for my SGN3 to E18 but I'd like them in an unusual orientation.

I want to see a European company do well in this market, even if only for the lack of import tax for us fellow Europeans. If they sound as good as they look even better.

Apr 13, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #264 of 4,764
Here are some pictures of the Noir Mk2 cable from FAW as promised.

What a beautiful cable, very flexible and soft, and with the 1/4 inch gold plug it looks really good.
Matthew replied that i had the choice between the old Noir cable and the new Mk2, and i chose to pay extra for the upgade.
I asked for a picture of the new cable and this is what Matthew wrote about the new Mk2 version.

"They are more flexible, come in Litz geometry, covered by antioxidation layer and what is the most important with even better SQ. They will also feature more robust sleeving"
The example on the picture is the Claire HPC, the new cable is the one at the bottom of the picture. 

Beautiful!

I didn had much time to listen yet, but I felt clearly that the bass is deeper and more prominent with the new cable as well as the harsh treble in some recordings have been less annoying, somehow i think the sound is more soft and pleasant in a way, without losing clarity.
I think this is a very good and reasonably priced cable.

Excellent job Matthew!

Apr 13, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #266 of 4,764
Does anyone know how the FAW Color series compares to the LCD2 stock cables in terms of SQ?

I'd like to know the same as compared to the HD650 stock cable. Anyone?

Apr 14, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #267 of 4,764
Ordered a Noir cable for my Hifiman this Thursday and got an email from Matthew a day later regarding the possibility to upgrade to Mk2, which I did. So far very happy with the communications with Forza. I really appreciate being able to support a european cable maker. Now the waiting for the cable.

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #268 of 4,764
What's the difference with the MkII?

Apr 14, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #269 of 4,764
What's the difference with the MkII?

Quoting Matthew:
They are more flexible, come in Litz geometry, covered by antioxidation layer and what is the most important with even better SQ. They will also feature more robust sleeving.

They also have another option, the Noir Hybrid:
Also the cables wih similar mechanical properties, but in hybrid OCC copper/silver (not SPC!) configuration in semi-Litz geometry will be available. It is a cable especially designed for warm/dark headhones.

Apr 14, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #270 of 4,764
Quoting Matthew:
[COLOR=374953]They are more flexible, come in Litz geometry, covered by antioxidation layer and what is the most important with even better SQ. They will also feature more robust sleeving.[/COLOR]

They also have another option, the Noir Hybrid:
[COLOR=374953]Also the cables wih similar mechanical properties, but in hybrid OCC copper/silver (not SPC!) configuration in semi-Litz geometry will be available. It is a cable especially designed for warm/dark headhones.[/COLOR]

Thanks for the info, very nice to know. Is the Noir Hybrid on the website? I don't see it. What does it do that particularly suits dark headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back