Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #3,346 of 4,769
Received my Claire Hybrid in semi-transparent black today for my Audeze LCD-2 Classics ( LCD-2C ). I can't comment on the sound too much as it's the only balanced cable I have for these headphones, but I'm very happy so far. Aesthetically, the cable is beautiful. Exactly what I wanted. The heat shrinks are perfect and all connections are secure. I particularly like the splitter as it fits the minimalist vibe of the cable. I'm very happy with the quality, lead time, and experience. I'll be ordering from FAW again. Here's the eye candy ...

JMZyLJ0.jpg

Z9WoRvE.jpg

lbKKCNu.jpg

Apr 3, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #3,347 of 4,769
Received my Claire Hybrid in semi-transparent black today for my Audeze LCD-2 Classics ( LCD-2C ). I can't comment on the sound too much as it's the only balanced cable I have for these headphones, but I'm very happy so far. Aesthetically, the cable is beautiful. Exactly what I wanted. The heat shrinks are perfect and all connections are secure. I particularly like the splitter as it fits the minimalist vibe of the cable. I'm very happy with the quality, lead time, and experience. I'll be ordering from FAW again. Here's the eye candy ...

JMZyLJ0.jpg

Z9WoRvE.jpg

lbKKCNu.jpg

Looks dope! Enjoy :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 3, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #3,349 of 4,769
Next on the list is a female 4-pin XLR to male 4.4 mm adapter so that I can use the balanced cable with my hip-dac.

I'm sure Matt's next cable for you will be a fantastic pairing! Can't wait for more eyecandy.

Apr 6, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #3,350 of 4,769
Hey folks,

A stressfull day has a happy end.
Got my Noir Hybrid and some other cables today. :)

IMG_20210406_183444.jpg

Another time an amazing package filled with masterpieces. I hope to find the time for a little music session later today. I'm so excited to use the Noir!

For underway i use Matt's IEM cable. Absolutly comfortable, especially for me while wearing glasses. You forget that you use wired IEM's. You'll need No other cable for a long time. :)

IMG_20210406_182439.jpg

It is definetly a hard and stressfull time for all audiophiles, manufacturer, cable maker. The quality here is still on a high quality as usual.

You'll get every cable you wan't. Matt is very helpful to find a decision. Sometimes he needs a little reminder, when he got flooded with mail's and messages on several platforms. But at the end everything is still fine.

So, we have to be more patient, although we have so many different wishes. :wink:

Matt, thank you again!

P.S.
You'll get a mail during the next days, maybe it is a welcome variety for you!?
We'll see. Ich hope you find a gap for it. :D

Attachments

• PXL_20210406_160845365.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210406_160845365.PORTRAIT.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210406_160903316.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210406_160903316.PORTRAIT.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20210406_160158512.jpg
    PXL_20210406_160158512.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 1617726376527.png
    1617726376527.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 1614604486770.jpg
    1614604486770.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #3,351 of 4,769
Hey folks,

A stressfull days has a happy end.

IMG_20210406_183444.jpg

Another time an amazing package filled with masterpieces. I hope to find the time for a little music session later today.

IMG_20210406_182439.jpg

It is definetly a hard and stressfull time for all audiophiles, manufacturer, cable maker. The quality here is still on a high quality as usual.
So, we have to be more patient, although we have so many different wishes. :wink:

Matt, thank you again!

P.S.
We'll see. Ich hope you find a gap for it :D

Nice to see our Pro iDSD in your fantastic Forza'd out set-up!

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #3,352 of 4,769
Nice to see our Pro iDSD in your fantastic Forza'd out set-up!
Yeah,

I got the 4.4 Version here. So i asked Matt to create a Pentaconn Sennheiser Cable. Actually i like the sound of my HD's in Tube Mode with several filters, like GTO.

To get the curve...
A combination of high quality gear, made in europe. :wink:

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #3,353 of 4,769
Hey folks,

IMG_20210406_183444.jpg

Another time an amazing package filled with masterpieces. I hope to find the time for a little music session later today. I'm so excited to use the Noir!

For underway i use Matt's IEM cable. Absolutly comfortable, especially for me while wearing glasses. You forget that you use wired IEM's. You'll need No other cable for a long time. :)

IMG_20210406_182439.jpg

You'll get every cable you wan't. Matt is very helpful to find a decision. Sometimes he needs a little reminder, when he got flooded with mail's and messages in several platforms. But at the end everything is still fine.

Matt, thank you again!

P.S.

Lots of cool things to like on these photos; Matt's cables, our Pro iDSD, iMod (is it?)...

Very nice!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 6, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #3,354 of 4,769
Yeah,

I got the 4.4 Version here. So i asked Matt to create a Pentaconn Sennheiser Cable. Actually i like the sound of my HD's in Tube Mode with several filters, like GTO.

To get the curve...
A combination of high quality gear, made in europe. :wink:

Wohoo! Matt's doing the same for my HD600.

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #3,355 of 4,769
Lots of cool things to like on these photos; Matt's cables, our Pro iDSD, iMod (is it?)...

Very nice!
Yeah,
It was only to bring some gear, with which i use 90% only cables from FAW.

I'm a bit sad that i couldn't use the hip-dac and xcan underway actually, cause of a bug in kernel of Android OS to bind the driver. I'm no programmer, but there is an issue since the last UAPP/ OS Update. I hope google fix this, otherwise the equipment is useless for me.

You are right this is one of three iMod's. Thank Vinnie Rossie for this idea.

Cheers

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #3,356 of 4,769
Hey folks,

IMG_20210406_183444.jpg

IMG_20210406_182439.jpg

You'll get every cable you wan't. Matt is very helpful to find a decision. Sometimes he needs a little reminder, when he got flooded with mail's and messages in several platforms. But at the end everything is still fine.

Matt, thank you again!

P.S.
Wow. What a pack of goodies! Those IEM cables are gorgeous. Great pics.

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #3,357 of 4,769
Wow. What a pack of goodies! Those IEM cables are gorgeous. Great pics.
Thank you for the flowers. Some cables are from another order. I haven't done pics by now.
Yeah, i love the IEM cable, but next time i'll choose it a bit longer.

Enjoy your cable too! :wink:

Wohoo! Matt's doing the same for my HD600.
Nice,
This is my first noir, but not the last one.

Firstly when i looked troughthe pictures, i thought the cable is very heavy im weight.

But it is an absolute solid and also lightweight cable.

Hope you'll get it soon.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #3,358 of 4,769
Firstly when i looked troughthe pictures, i thought the cable is very heavy im weight.

But it is an absolute solid and also lightweight cable.

Hope you'll get it soon.

Matt does awesome work and that cable is not heavy, but heavier enough than the Claire cable. I used my scale a few months ago and weighed the 1.5m Noir at 75 grams while the Claire is 36 grams. For me those 40 grams are important on the Aeolus. With the Claire I am at mid-400 grams, with the Noir I am at 500. My threshold for unlimited enjoyment is somewhere in between those values.

Now with a lighter headphone it doesn't matter...

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #3,359 of 4,769
A couple of days ago I received notice from Matthew that my Noir Hybrid HPC was finished and just shipped, giving a UPS tracking number. I've been checking the tracking status, and its been stuck at
"Held in Warehouse - UPS is holding the cargo at a secure facility, pending instructions and agreement."
No response from Matthew to my inquiry about this, asking when the holdup will be resolved and the package sent on its way to me.

Has anyone had this sort of experience with Forza, and if so, how did it turn out?

The package is still being held in the UPS warehouse. And no response from FAW to my several emails. I guess I'll wait a couple of weeks and if the situation doesn't change I'll file a grievance and claim with PayPal. They usually are good about customer complaints.

It may be early on for this order, but my experience so far is that potential customers of FAW need to be aware of this sort of experience before they order.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #3,360 of 4,769
Matt does awesome work and that cable is not heavy, but heavier enough than the Claire cable. I used my scale a few months ago and weighed the 1.5m Noir at 75 grams while the Claire is 36 grams. For me those 40 grams are important on the Aeolus. With the Claire I am at mid-400 grams, with the Noir I am at 500. My threshold for unlimited enjoyment is somewhere in between those values.

Now with a lighter headphone it doesn't matter...
For me with Sennheiser it feels comfortable and the weight doesn't matter imo. But i haven't got a Claire from Matt. I only got an approximate cable from another well known manufacturer. These ones i use with Grado Headphones, which has really heavy wooden cups.

The package is still being held in the UPS warehouse. And no response from FAW to my several emails. I guess I'll wait a couple of weeks and if the situation doesn't change I'll file a grievance and claim with PayPal. They usually are good about customer complaints.

It may be early on for this order, but my experience so far is that potential customers of FAW need to be aware of this sort of experience before they order.
I absolutly understand, that you wan't your cable. I'm an unpatient person too.

But you got your Tracking Number a few days before April the 2nd, right? So, before or was weekend and afterwards we had a few public holidays, if you noticed it and also give Matt a few days off. :wink:

Where do you live? Maybe it is at a station or at custom declaration, when you are outside of european union.

Just wait for it, you won't regret!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back