Forum Idea: Brand Specific Threads
Nov 27, 2009 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

oddity

100+ Head-Fier
I think that it would be nice to have separate threads for discussion of specific headphone brands (Denon, Senn, Grado, etc.)

Opinions, opposition, thoughts?

Nov 27, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 9
It doesn't seem like a bad idea at first, but I don't think it would be very useful and in the end may cause more trouble than now. Often times, people compare headphones across brands (ie comparing Grado vs AKG or something). Anything else (such as comparisons between models of one brand in particular or discussion of a certain model) is sparse enough that it doesn't require it's own thread, IMO.

Nov 27, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 9
Eh, disagree. Comparisons would be non-present, so each forum would basically be a big circle-jerk of how great that brand is.

Nov 28, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This place has about 20 too many forums as it is

Quite true. I'm not complaining per se but ever since the main headphone discussion forum was broken into 'Full size headphones' and 'Portable headphones', I find myself reading less and less about Full size headphones, because portable headphones are more my cup of tea. At least before, I would click on some other random theads cause they appeared interesting, but not so much anymore.

Nov 28, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 9
People complained about the Stax thread and now you want to make one for each brand?

Nov 28, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People complained about the Stax thread and now you want to make one for each brand?

Well, that's because everything Stax-related is mushed into one HUGE thread.

IMO this does seem like a good idea, but yeah, it'd split the sub-forums into sub-sub-forums, and this place is kind of messy enough as it is.
tongue.gif

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #9 of 9
There are quite a lot of different brands out there, but I do not see a big problem starting separate threads for all/most of them.
Some of them even have their own thread already (ex. Stax).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back