Forgive me, for I have sinned
Nov 2, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #32 of 63
You're forgiven Fitz. If the appropriate time comes to educate him I trust you'll do a splendid job. However he may just be one of those who don't understand our quest.

Nov 2, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #33 of 63
unfortunately not all of us can afford the 100k+ lexus with the mark levison system.

I for one, do not think bose is THAT bad. I've sat in a 15min bose demo at the bose store, and these audiophile ears were impressed. They do sound quite a bit bigger than the tiny cubes that were playing, and if the system were priced at say $300, I might even be inclined to buy it. For one thing, they sounded leaps and bounds ahead of any computer speaker system I've heard, and there are actually people on here that rate the logitech Z series pretty well.

And for the people who would perfer koss ksc-75's over a bose system? Please. The ksc's are a great budget headphone but I'd be hardpressed to choose them over any speaker system offered to me.

Nov 2, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #34 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am curious to know how so many people can automatically say that the system I heard sounded good, without even needing to know how old or what car it was in. Does Bose only have one system they've ever used in cars?

Bose's construction is mostly the same from line to line: use a paper woofer and stick it in a plastic molded enclosure with a curving port that functions as a Helmholtz resonator to boost lower bass frequencies. There are worse designs to have in such a small space as a car, so we're just extrapolating from that information.
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #36 of 63
I am beginning to wonder if my method of humour is not very clear, judging by the number of people leaping at the chance to defend or bash Bose. If you wish, you can substitute "Bose" with any other heavily marketed audio brand that somebody is predisposed to liking regardless of how it actually sounds. It wouldn't really change the meaning of my post.

Anybody else have a similar experience of being unable to tell someone the painful truth about their sound system that they are so excited about but actually sounds not so good? Did you eventually tell them, or did you just keep playing along?

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #37 of 63
Ha ha ha
I have a friend to sell and mount BOSE multi room systems, for private houses, stores, restaurants, etc. He talk big about BOSE' equipment, and I usually just nod as well.

Its actually 'not' that bad. Its just insane overpriced imo.

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #38 of 63
Actually, yes... I did a brief home theater setup for someone who had a 7.1 system based on four Bose 201 bookshelves, two Bose satellites, an Acoustic Research center, and a Jensen subwoofer. I had to tell him that the best component in his system was the receiver, which was a nice Onkyo that probably cost more than all of the speakers combined. He'd purchased the Bose speakers based on the brand name, so I tried to tell him politely that he'd have better luck with speakers that offered a higher price to performance ratio.
lambda.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #40 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha ha ha
I have a friend to sell and mount BOSE multi room systems, for private houses, stores, restaurants, etc. He talk big about BOSE' equipment, and I usually just nod as well.

Its actually 'not' that bad. Its just insane overpriced imo.

Yeah, I have one friend who has bought uber expensive Bose home theather systen that sound just little above a Philips systen 1/10 of the price. They are ok, better than average or most of the systems, but definately not worth the money if you are into quality. Some are not. Some want brand, neat system (yes, Bose systems are often small and definately will not ruin your living room), and also some want high price tags to brag. Let them have that fun, if they enjoy it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #41 of 63
If something like this happens, I'd tell them the truth, but put in a very shiny container with cream and cherries on top.
"Your system sounds pretty good, but I like it when the sound is more balanced throughout the whole frequency spectrum." Or something like that. :/

Nov 2, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #43 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"friends dont let friends think bose is good"

Yeah, 2nd.

Actually, I would surely inform my friends that there are better products with better price/quality ratio, but if they have already bought Bose system and is satisfied with his/her purchase, why ruin their experience. That's my view.

Nov 2, 2007 at 9:50 AM Post #44 of 63
Reminds me of the Adam Sandler movie "Click" where the annoying kid next door is bragging about the Bose sound system in his father's car & Sandler says something like: "What's that? Your father's car stereo Blows? Wow, I'm sorry to hear that" (and drives off). Awesome.

Peace,

Graz

Nov 2, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #45 of 63
Fungi, at first I totally misread your comment as, "If something like this happens, I'd tell them the truth, and put them in a very shiny container with cream and cherries on top."

People with Bose deserve to be turned into decorative desserts.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back