Forgive me, for I have sinned
Nov 2, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #46 of 63
I have had a Bose system in my Audi TT and now in my Vette. Sounds great!
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I would surely inform my friends that there are better products with better price/quality ratio, but if they have already bought Bose system and is satisfied with his/her purchase, why ruin their experience. That's my view.

That's what I do. Let them bask in their ignorance.

Nov 2, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #48 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am beginning to wonder if my method of humour is not very clear, judging by the number of people leaping at the chance to defend or bash Bose. If you wish, you can substitute "Bose" with any other heavily marketed audio brand that somebody is predisposed to liking regardless of how it actually sounds. It wouldn't really change the meaning of my post.

Anybody else have a similar experience of being unable to tell someone the painful truth about their sound system that they are so excited about but actually sounds not so good? Did you eventually tell them, or did you just keep playing along?

what may sound good to you may not sound good to others. I would perfer a bose speaker system over a mid level headphone setup. This is my personal taste, I find headphones uncomfortable to listen to for hours on end, lack visceral feel and soundstage, and are fatiguing to listen to. You can't dance around the room wearing headphones, and you can't share your music with others. So telling someone their bose system losses out to a $25 headphone may not be the truth. On top of that there is a good chance the bose system sounds better than the factory stereo option in that car.

Nov 2, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #49 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what may sound good to you may not sound good to others. I would perfer a bose speaker system over a mid level headphone setup. This is my personal taste, I find headphones uncomfortable to listen to for hours on end, lack visceral feel and soundstage, and are fatiguing to listen to. You can't dance around the room wearing headphones, and you can't share your music with others. So telling someone their bose system losses out to a $25 headphone may not be the truth. On top of that there is a good chance the bose system sounds better than the factory stereo option in that car.

Ok? Maybe you should save that for somebody who has actually made that claim about a $25 headphone?

Nov 2, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #51 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that is a statement in general, directed at all the people in the thread, not specifically at YOU.

Then don't quote me and use the word "YOU," unless YOU want me to think you are talking to me.
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #52 of 63
Car audio not worth spending money for. I spend 1.5k on my car, I regret it. My headphone setup cost 1/3 of it sounds so much better. If I ever bought another car, I won't change the stock audio.

Nov 3, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #54 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had a Bose system in my Audi TT and now in my Vette. Sounds great!
biggrin.gif

I love my Bose sound system in my TT, its not perfect audiophile but its so good I don't want to change anything. I said time and time again Bose with Audi's are great for the most part..

Sorry it does not fit in the "know it all" audiophile bashing club..
maybe cause I use my ears and judge each car individually and not look at the name plate on the doors..

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by XGJFilmsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone wonder why Bose does so much advertising on this forum?

you think they would get the picture from all the bashing we do

Bose is a corporation and corporations are machines, which sometimes can be dangerous. That being said, if I had a Bose system in my car and I did not pay a lot of money for it, I think I would be happy or at least satisfied.

I'm enjoying my stock speakers in my car over all and Bose can't be any worse. Just more expensive.

Nov 3, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #57 of 63
Fitz,

Yes, I've been in many home theaters, cars and home listening environments where the audio was....well....just gave me ear nausea. My wife has learned to pinch me before I forget my manners and throw ear puke all over their nicely wooded floors or SUV. I have learned that advice that we can give is better received through experience versus judgments.

I've also been on the other end of comments that did not make me feel good. One of my best friends is a prestigious contractor in my vicinity and one day he decided to lower the opinion ax all over my chosen home renovations. I didn't do that to him when he bought a Bose lifestyles system and wanted me to hear the awesome sound it produced and yet it has a very wife accepting design. Instead I just said, pinch...gulp...hey great! I am so glad you are happy with how it sounds...gulp". Of course he's an Eagles fan and that is completely unforgiving so I don't even know why I care.
cool.gif

Nov 3, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #59 of 63
1. Bose is the standard/only stereo in a great many cars. Its not really a premium product anymore.

2. Even "great" car audio tends to sound worse than really mediocre home stereo.

3. Even if your car stereo has terrible playback, so what? You'll be listening to FM radio, XM, or Sirius. All of which are known for terribel SQ.

Nov 3, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif

3. Even if your car stereo has terrible playback, so what? You'll be listening to FM radio, XM, or Sirius. All of which are known for terribel SQ.

4. you SOULD be paying attention to the road also...
its not like you can sit down and close your eyes to focus in on the music when in the car..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back