Forcing cyberlink powerdvd headphone audio to output via USB (Fiio e10)
Nov 29, 2011 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

webhappy

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I rather enjoy the dolby headphone feature of powerdvd when playing blurays. However, I can't figure out how to force the audio to output via the USB. It insists on playing out via the analog speakers. I don't see an option in powerdvd for controlling this, so I think I need a third party software solution to do this. It should be doable since dolby headphones is converting the 7.1/5.1 audio to 2.0 analog, and I want to re-encode this into 2.0 digital on the fly so that my fiio e10 can then decode and amp the output (I just want the amp feature of my fiio e10).

Thanks

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 4
I do not think the Dolby Digital is converting 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby Digital to 2.0 analog, it is converting it to 2.0 digital.
That 2.0 digital is going to the add on sound card (or built in sound card) DACs (Digital to Analog Converters) then to the analog speakers or headphone output of the sound card.
Could there be something in the sound card's control panel that routes the digital 2.0 signal to the USB?

EDIT, you might need to tell Windows Vista? or Windows 7?, to make USB Audio the "Default Audio Device".
Go to "Control Panel", then "Sound"

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi, I have already made the Fiio USB DAC the default audio device and all programs except cyberlink go to my Fiio e10. I feel like the issue is cyberlink's lack of an option to choose Dolby Headphone+Fiio. It assumes that if I want headphone mode, it's going to the onboard audio (my soundcard is integrated realtek). I also can't see an option in the realtek driver to force the audio to the Fiio USB. I downloaded the trial for TotalMediaTheatre from Arcsoft and it has a similar issue. If I want dolby headphone, it won't let me send it to the Fiio USB.

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #4 of 4
I was able to get what I wanted by changing a setting in Reclock:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=48271

It overwrites a file used by cyberlink, originally for a NTSC->PAL issue. I am just using it to force audio to go to the Fiio (after the dolby headphone processing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back