For those who use a computer USB input to a headphone Dac/amp, you got check this device out.
Jan 28, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #16 of 42
Can you post pictures of how it looks installed in your setup? I'm curious to see how much strain is on the connector by adding an additional plug and circuit board.

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #17 of 42
At this time, my Camera's battery is dead. I am not experiencing any strain with the USB filter.

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #19 of 42
Quote:
That's good, when you get your camera charged up I would love to see your setup.

Here is a picture so you can see.

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #20 of 42
Be interesting to find out exactly what was wrong or broken with your system prior to buying this handy widgit?

Feb 2, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #21 of 42
Am I missing something or do you have $750 worth of UltraFi cable and filter to your DAC? Granted I am poor but for that price I hope it makes a wonderful addition.

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #22 of 42
RonaldDumsfeld:

I don't know that anything was wrong or broken, my setup simply sounds better with the the Aubisque filter. Simple.

Erieg:

You did miss something and perhaps I should have been more clear. What I meant by dead battery was that it will not function , not that it simply needed charge. The picture that I posted is a picture sent to me by the designer when I asked the same question that "65535" did.I do not use a Ultra Fi USB cable at this time. Rather , I use a Ridge Street Audio Enopias cable as detailed in my review.

Devgru:

Not interested in any interest rate swaps, already have purchased "swamp land" in Louisiana
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #23 of 42
Noise isn't much of a problem in digital so have fun with your huge placebo affect! Wow I'm just glad I'm not this gullible. . . 

Yeah . . . I hope someone is not so gullible as to spend $200 on this filter when their headphone amp and their headphones each cost the same or less :eek:

Seems better to trust my spidey schill alert sense. The OP can't even provide a picture showing his setup--the picture above comes from the company :rolleyes:

Feb 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #24 of 42
Generally, I don't post on this site much as it generally and often degenerates into what is typified by this thread.  Basically, someone giving an opinion on something without ever having tried it themselves.

The only thing you naysayers do is chase good folks away from your forum.

I won't even fathom to guess as to why you do it; but, you do.

cel4145:

You even step over this line.  There's no schill here - no matter how much you might like to believe it.  Lizard King is a customer.  What you're committing here against me and Ultra Fi is called libel and is actionable in a court of law.  Lizard King gave good reason why he posted what he did and he ask my permission to use the picture I sent him in the process.

Seems the appropriate course of action would be either for you to post a retraction or for the admins to pull your post as I'm sure they don't want anything to do with your illegal activity.

Further: 

Lizard Kings's primary set up isn't his headphone system; rather, his headphone system is for those times when he's unable to listen to his primary system - for whatever reason.  What's wrong with borrowing some things from his primary setup in this process?

Larry D. Moore

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:
Generally, I don't post on this site much as it generally and often degenerates into what is typified by this thread.  Basically, someone giving an opinion on something without ever having tried it themselves.

There's no need to try every product and tweak .. that's what this forum is for in the first place, and sanity and reason.

For example, there's no need to try the amazing pebbles as an audio tweak. I, and from what I can tell many others, count the abisque usb filter in the same category. It's the same with the usb cable...

Quote:
The only thing you naysayers do is chase good folks away from your forum.  
I won't even fathom to guess as to why you do it; but, you do.

A healthy amount of skepticism and reason hasn't hurt anyone. Do you say yes to everything? That's called gullibility.
I'm sure all people would be interested in what is inside the absique, what it does exactly and how it basically works.

Quote:
cel4145:  
You even step over this line.  There's no schill here - no matter how much you might like to believe it.  Lizard King is a customer.  What you're committing here against me and Ultra Fi is called libel and is actionable in a court of law.  Lizard King gave good reason why he posted what he did and he ask my permission to use the picture I sent him in the process.

Cel was just giving good advice - there's no need for usb noise filtering if you have a proper DAC; there's no point in getting a $200 tweak for a cheap headphone system.
He was asking Lizard to take a picture, Lizard posted a picture from your company without saying so .. he just pointed that out.

I don't see libel either.

Quote:
Seems the appropriate course of action would be either for you to post a retraction or for the admins to pull your post as I'm sure they don't want anything to do with your illegal activity.

Maybe you want to read the TOS of this site before you threaten others with legal action and whatnot..

Quote:
Lizard Kings's primary set up isn't his headphone system; rather, his headphone system is for those times when he's unable to listen to his primary system - for whatever reason.  What's wrong with borrowing some things from his primary setup in this process?

How's your association/relationship with Lizard King if I may ask? Why do you have to tell us that instead of him posting it in his "review"? What's his primary system?

Also, I've never in my life heard of any engineer that uses such a tweak with their usb audio interface. That's because there's no audible noise on the recordings coming from the usb connection...

Feb 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #27 of 42
P.S. That's not libel. That's someone saying they're suspicious about something. No claim has been made.

He PM'd me, too, and this is what I told him, "Reread my post. I stated that as an opinion describing how I was feeling about the whole thing, what my gut was telling me. I did not state it as a fact or make any sort of claim that it was definitely true."

Feb 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #29 of 42
I'm not going to argue with any of you.  Period.

Here's some light reading:

http://www.murata.com/products/catalog/pdf/c35e.pdf

I refer you in particular to pages 12-13 - that's my starting point.  I improved from there and it took some knowledge, effort, equipment and time.  I'm not simply going to hand you the fruits of my labor.

As to another engineer having found similar benefits, how about Empirical Audio and Steve Nugent for starters?  Here's his product in the same vain as mine - although it doesn't work with anything that requires USB power:

http://www.empiricalaudio.com/products/short-block

His customers seems to like his too.

Just so everyone knows one need not make a claim for libel.  The legal requirement is casting a false light.  Libel is for written material.  For saying something, the correct legal term is slander.  I should know as I just happen to be an attorney too.

I don't know that I did anything to any of you - Lizard King is the one that started this thread, not I - yet you all call my product into question.  I just gave you a strong scientific basis for it working, as well as other user experiences.  I've been reading since 2009, yet I said nothing.  Ever wonder why?  Again, posts like what's contained in this thread....

As you can tell from this post, I have technical knowledge to offer....

Here's how it strikes me, maybe you guys should stop acting like you already know everything and maybe, just maybe, we all could benefit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back