For those who own MULTIPLE headphones - which do you use EVERY DAY?
May 2, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #76 of 99
My Grado SR-225s are the only ones that I haven't sold off after 3 years, I can't let go of them.

May 2, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #77 of 99
Lately I've been mostly listening to my 650's on my vinyl setup every day. Maybe once a week I'll throw on a CD on my stax Lambdas/Lambda pro's. My 580's barely see any usage nowadays so i may sell those soon. Still use my trusty sr60's on my PC hotusb1 setup every now and then.

May 2, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #78 of 99
I listen to speakers mostly so I can't say every day, but I use K1000 and K240 Sextett most regularly. K1000 for portable (K240 limits me hearing other people and things like cars) and K240 for while laying down at home (K1000 falls off when laying down), although I do mix it up sometimes and if I'm listening at home not late at night I'll probably use either (one of the K1000s or the K240). I use K400/K401 less often but when I want a different sound than usual.

May 2, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #80 of 99
Quad ESL-63.
biggrin.gif
I hate to admit it, but speaker-fi is becoming a bigger part of the listening regimen. As for headphones, I mix it up. I keep "on deck" the RS-1, HD-650, DT880, K-501, and DT48. I'll grab whichever one I'm in the mood for and also switch up between the Zana Deux and Si2A3. Still, the Quads continue to grow on me.

May 2, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #83 of 99
HD650 for most types of music when I just want to chill or study at home.

SR225i when listening to speedier metal at home.

D2000 when I need to go somewhere and need isolation (LAN party, library, labs, etc)

May 2, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #84 of 99
Not an everyday user . Maybe 3 days a week for an hour or two session. Enjoying solitude for any more than that tends to annoy the wife.

My use is mostly dictated by my laziness at swapping interconnects on amps. I tend to listen to whats hooked up for several weeks at a time before overcoming inertia and swapping amps. So it's either K1000 or O2mkI. Last couple weeks it's been Stax, but probably swap this weekend if I get around to it.

May 2, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #85 of 99
None. Most used: KSC-75 (portable rig). #2: RS-1 (late night). #3: Microsoft LX-3000 headset (gaming where I need voice). But I use my speakers more than any of those.

May 2, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #86 of 99
My W5000 are getting the most use right now.... When i game i use my 780's and when i travel i use the IE8's, also for bed
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #87 of 99
At my desk I tend to switch between the SR80 and ESW9 depending on what kind of music I'm listening to and if the other pair has begun to irritate my ears at all.

When talking on Skype it's the PX100s all the way, as they're both comfortable and allow me to hear myself when I talk.

Portable = ESW9s (or at least they were before my iPod went on the fritz).

Running = cheap pair of throw-away iems. I have a long plane ride coming up, though, so I'm probs going to invest in slightly more expensive pair of iems, probably some Audio Technicas.

May 2, 2009 at 1:24 PM Post #88 of 99
The two cans I used the most are a Yuin OK1 (at the office or on the go) and a MarkL Modded Denon AH-D5000 at home. However I do mix in my other cans with the K501 and RS-1 being the two other cans I use the most.

May 2, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #89 of 99
My ESW10JPN is used at work every day for the hours I can. Hopefully, soon I will have the Ultrasone Edition 8 for this and retire the ESW10JPN. This is yet to be determined.

My Ultrasone Edition 9 is used every day after work when I get home while I am at my computer.

My Stax SR-007 MkII and KGSS is used on the weekends while chilling out in my easy chair watching golf and napping.

May 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #90 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quad ESL-63.
biggrin.gif
I hate to admit it, but speaker-fi is becoming a bigger part of the listening regimen. .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I use my speakers more than any of those.

There have been several comments like this, none of which are a surprise to me, as an owner of truly world-class loudspeakers. I love listening to BOTH speakers and headphones, and don't find them competitive, but complimentary. However, there are many times when 80db listening through speakers just isn't a possibility for me, so I do get more headphone time than speaker time.

In any case, lots of GREAT answers to my query - thank you ALL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back