For those R.M.A.ing U.E. super.fi 5 for cracks
Apr 7, 2006 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Sinwerm

100+ Head-Fier
I thought I should share this opinion of U.E. customer service. I had cracks in the driver housing of my super.fi 5 pros after about 2-4 weeks of use. Sent U.E. an email got a very quick response and an R.M.A. number from Jeanette Coffey on the spot. I sent them back with a short description of the problem and with no questions asked I just recieved a brand new pair. Total time was about 2 weeks.

The cable is the same thinner one , as before so nothing new there. The housing for the drivers does look different to me though , plastic seems a little different color (lighter black than the ones I sent back). So hopefully it's just a bad , isolated batch run I first bought. Also the aluminum case seems better finished also , brighter and the brushing is very nice. All this in a new sealed retail package Fed-Ex delivered Kudos to U.E. Very good C.S.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 11
my broken pair reached them this Monday...hopefully I get my new ones tomorrow.

Apr 7, 2006 at 8:18 AM Post #3 of 11
strange, i had the same problem. I the plastic casing around the driver housing, yes that was it. half of it cracked and broke off. i taped around it but yesterday I RMA'd them. Hopefully i'll get the new ones soon. It happened within 2 weeks maybe? I bought them in december but i didn't get around to RMAing them until yesterday.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 11
Sinwerm said:
I thought I should share this opinion of U.E. customer service. I had cracks in the driver housing of my super.fi 5 pros after about 2-4 weeks of use. Sent U.E. an email got a very quick response and an R.M.A. number from Jeanette Coffey on the spot. I sent them back with a short description of the problem and with no questions asked I just recieved a brand new pair. Total time was about 2 weeks.
Sinwerm said:
icon10.gif
I agree, Brad and Jeanette @ UE C.S. are great! I shipped my SF5Ps via USPS priority mail on 3/29 and according to FedEx's tracking service they're being delivered today!!! Yes!! I've been missing them. Big thumbs up to UE! I know I sound like a cheerleader, but my past experiences with many electronics CS departments have been nightmares. This was a breath of fresh air.

Apr 7, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #5 of 11
Wow, excellent service! I think that they are aware of this batch defect and have fixed it in the new batches. I'm applaud them for their willingness to satisfy their customers. Makes me want to get a pair of U.E.'s too!

Apr 18, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #7 of 11
how long did shipping from them to you take?

mine has been 7 business days already (damn easter)....

did they use fedex ground?

Apr 19, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzzz
how long did shipping from them to you take?

mine has been 7 business days already (damn easter)....

did they use fedex ground?

The whole proccess from when I sent them (USPS cheapest) to getting the new pair took from a monday I sent them out until the following thursday , a bit less than 2 weeks. I cant remember exactly the shipping they used I think it was one step above Fed Ex ground though. I live in N.Y. , so for sending them to Cally and getting them back in that amount of time seemed good to me. I did gain a new appreciation for my E3c's in that time though , the midrange , clarity and detail are a bit lacking in the fi.pro's but the overall sound is fantastic and makes for very good listening fun.

Apr 19, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinwerm
The whole proccess from when I sent them (USPS cheapest) to getting the new pair took from a monday I sent them out until the following thursday , a bit less than 2 weeks. I cant remember exactly the shipping they used I think it was one step above Fed Ex ground though. I live in N.Y. , so for sending them to Cally and getting them back in that amount of time seemed good to me. I did gain a new appreciation for my E3c's in that time though , the midrange , clarity and detail are a bit lacking in the fi.pro's but the overall sound is fantastic and makes for very good listening fun.

Sent Jeanette an email... FedEx screwed up my shipping and my EBs have been sitting in a shipping facility for the last 10 days...good news is they are in town and hopefully will be delivered tomorrow

Apr 19, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #11 of 11
Usually if I have to R.M.A. an item Im pretty discouraged about the company that made it , but in this case I would definatley buy from U.E. again. I suppose that is what fantastic customer service is supposed to accomplish. I think I will even send a feedback email about that to U.E. , Never done CS myself but I would imagine it's a bear of a job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back